• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 1-4 Manchester City - Sunday 7th February 2021

football forum

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Spike said:

Agreed. You know why United were the top dogs for over twenty years? Because Ferge is not sentimental and will bin  a player when they are at the end. Did it to Becks, Staap, van Nistelrooj, Cole, P. Neville, Butt, Keane, it’s a rough business but when the candles is melted, you light a new one

I don’t necessarily think it’s Klopp refusing to sign players. There’s no way he doesn’t want a stronger squad and better options than Origi & Chamberlain on the bench. The owners are trying some moneyball shit, paying small fees for players with potential. And only now and then. We went three windows without strengthening. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Danny said:

Sterling with a key dribble/pass for the opening goal and got a goal too, a good performance for him imo.

Thought he was really good. TAA shown up defensively again 

• Subscriber
Just now, Rick said:

I don’t necessarily think it’s Klopp refusing to sign players. There’s no way he doesn’t want a stronger squad and better options than Origi & Chamberlain on the bench. The owners are trying some moneyball shit, paying small fees for players with potential. And only now and then. We went three windows without strengthening. 

You can say that again 

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

C’mon mate, it’s all in jest. I’d rather lose 4–1 to Citeh than be embarrassed by a last minute equaliser to Everton.

They'll already be spending enough time talking about Everton this week after that. Don't encourage them. :ph34r:

10 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Van Dijk and Gomez or Matip. Henderson and Fabinho in midfield

Didn't Henderson and fabinho play? I haven't seen the game just looked at the starting lineups?

Right. That was fucking shit. I thought we did reasonably well to stay in it and then equalise and then it all went to shit. Three individual errors from Alisson is probably the last thing you'd expect to happen but there you are.

A week now til Leicester. Get Kabak and Davies settled in and get Henderson and Fabinho back into the midfield. Jota back soon as well. We simply have to start playing better. We all know why we're out of the title race, but finishing outside the top 4 is inexcusable

Not sure I buy the burnout stuff. We finished about 12th in distance covered last season and played a similarly low-energy style the season before. Fair enough we'll have done a few more games than most with consecutive trips to the CL final and the world cup win, but we also sack off the domestic cups at the first opportunity most years, so we're saving legs there

9 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I agree, we had 3 first 11 players missing today, De Bruyne, Aguero & Walker 

Walker  wasnt injured though he just wasn't match fit. Dont think you can really say you haven't had an advantage with injuries over liverpool this season mate. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah but they still played?

Out of their normal position. Which is the seemingly age-old discussion. They're played out of position because lack of decent CBs, so they are now much less effective in midfield.

11 minutes ago, Rick said:

It's not all to do with not adding to the squad though. Even Man City couldn't go at the same pace for three seasons running.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Out of their normal position. Which is the seemingly age-old discussion. They're played out of position because lack of decent CBs, so they are now much less effective in midfield.

Just like us last season really with Fernandinho and a few others having to play CB

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Which comes down to strength in depth. So really city are ahead because they have more strength in depth. Which makes them the better team. No good saying we would have won if we had no injuries. Not that I'm saying you are saying that. 

Just now, LFCMike said:

It's not all to do with not adding to the squad though. Even Man City couldn't go at the same pace for three seasons running.

The whole point is that if you add to the squad, you can take away some of the workload of those players who have kept up the pace for so long. Nowhere near enough has been done to avoid this burnout. 

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Storts said:

Micah is just a breath of fresh air for sky, can’t help but smile listening to this 

Souness definitely wants to rip his head off xD 

• Administrator
Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

Which comes down to strength in depth. So really city are ahead because they have more strength in depth. Which makes them the better team. No good saying we would have won if we had no injuries. Not that I'm saying you are saying that. 

I'll let the Liverpool lads take this one.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Micah Richards is about as funny and refreshing as aids. City pretty much fucked him off after their first title because he was shit. Now he makes a career acting like a club legend. Urgh.

I love his energy and passion xD . 

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived