• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 1-4 Manchester City - Sunday 7th February 2021

football forum

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Storts said:

Imagine the reaction from Liverpool fans if someone dived to win a pen like that against them 

You’re just anti-Liverpool and a closet racist. Bet you think Giggs is a swell bloke too you prick. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

It's not even a penalty but hey ho just the way the game has gone now.

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

Dive, he never pulled him down there ffs

Just now, Storts said:

That is such a dive from Salah. So typically him.

Awful from Dias

They need all the help they can get, their title challenge is floundering.... If you listen to what Klopp is saying he probably fell over due to exhaustion...  

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Rick said:

Cause Stones is there. Don’t get people saying it’s not a pen. Does Salah exaggerate? Absolutely. But if he stays on his feet, is that foul given against Dias? Absolutely not. 

If he stays on his feet he could go on and score or have a shot. Shame these days that a player's first instinct is to go down and get a penalty/player booked/sent off as opposed to go on through to goal. 

(aware its not just Salah that does this. Most players across the league, sadly). 

• Subscriber

I just cannot fathom how that's a penalty. It is such an obvious dive. They have the technology yet they've managed to manifest a culture where they actually watch the diving and make a case for it.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

If he stays on his feet he could go on and score or have a shot. Shame these days that a player's first instinct is to go down and get a penalty/player booked/sent off as opposed to go on through to goal. 

(aware its not just Salah that does this. Most players across the league, sadly). 

But Dias actually does foul him? He tries grabbing the shirt, fails, then goes for the arm. Good chance Salah was put off. 

Either way, everybody does it nowadays. I don’t see why there’s a constant uproar against Salah as if he is the only one who makes a meal of fouls. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Cause Stones is there. Don’t get people saying it’s not a pen. Does Salah exaggerate? Absolutely. But if he stays on his feet, is that foul given against Dias? Absolutely not. 

Mm. Don't think he was getting there in time, but fine. The bar for punishing professional fouls, kicking the ball away, etc. is ridiculously high. If the authorities want more entertainment and fewer injuries, it's an incredibly low-hanging fruit

Just now, Stan said:

Most players across most top flights in Europe and South America, tbf.

I thought VAR would eliminate diving, but imo it actually encourages diving.

The indignation here is hilarious though. If it was Kane or Vardy commentators might talk about it more than this one... but they’d be calling it clever and justifying it which is arguably worse.

Just now, Dan said:

I just cannot fathom how that's a penalty. It is such an obvious dive. They have the technology yet they've managed to manifest a culture where they actually watch the diving and make a case for it.

I totally agree, the game is fucked mate. Never in a million years is that a penalty. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

I mean, I think they get given most of the time these days. Soft but I'm taking it. Can imagine the outrage wouldn't be anywhere near what it is on here if Salah wasn't involved

Probably because Salah does that exaggerated lean back throw himself to the floor like he’s been shot all the time - frustrating how officials continue to fall for it 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I mean, I think they get given most of the time these days. Soft but I'm taking it. Can imagine the outrage wouldn't be anywhere near what it is on here if Salah wasn't involved

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

But Dias actually does foul him? He tries grabbing the shirt, fails, then goes for the arm. Good chance Salah was put off. 

Either way, everybody does it nowadays. I don’t see why there’s a constant uproar against Salah as if he is the only one who makes a meal of fouls. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Most players across most top flights in Europe and South America, tbf.

I thought VAR would eliminate diving, but imo it actually encourages diving.

The indignation here is hilarious though. If it was Kane or Vardy commentators might talk about it more than this one... but they’d be calling it clever and justifying it which is arguably worse.

I literally said other players in the league do it :what:

Maybe it says a lot about Salah if he keeps getting talked about doing things like this?! 

Kane and Vardy get a shit load of stick. It's only the berks like Hoddle on BT Sport who use the fact they're English to not criticise them. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived