• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 1-4 Manchester City - Sunday 7th February 2021

football forum

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Klopp just said he didn't want new players with only 4 days of training in the team and only wanted 1 on the bench. 

Understand that tbh. 

Not on here, but loads kicking off about not starting one or both of the CBs. It's as if these people haven't watched Liverpool for the last three years and how difficult it is to play CB in this side. He was never going to throw them in for a game like this with just a few days on the training ground

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Players back, more sturdy back line, league leaders at home...expected a bit more energy than this at least 😅

Henderson & Fabinho in defense is going to mean our midfield is lacking a lot of energy, which is going to affect how we press higher up the pitch.

Without at least one of them in midfield, I think our midfield is a lot weaker tbh and that’s the engine of our side... it makes a big impact.

I suspect we’ll start to make noticeable improvements when we can play defenders with more first team experience in the heart defense more regularly. But we’ve signed them just a few days ago and it’s probably too soon for them to be trustworthy.

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Players back, more sturdy back line, league leaders at home...expected a bit more energy than this at least 😅

Fast starts in big games like this are heavily influenced by the home crowd. Some will try to play it down but it's very difficult to replicate without

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Fast starts in big games like this are heavily influenced by the home crowd. Some will try to play it down but it's very difficult to replicate without

Mike, look at us in the first 20. There is just no energy at all. When we have had a chance to break, the players have just turned around and played it back to the defence. 

I can’t be the only one thinking this is a very poor start? 

Just now, Rick said:

Mike, look at us in the first 20. There is just no energy at all. When we have had a chance to break, the players have just turned around and played it back to the defence. 

For once just try and look for some positives! I've never known anyone who constantly moans like you xD

We are bang out of form playing the most in form team in the league... just get behind them instead of picking fault day in day out ffs.

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

For once just try and look for some positives! I've never known anyone who constantly moans like you xD

We are bang out of form playing the most in form team in the league... just get behind them instead of picking fault day in day out ffs.

Put me on ignore mate, I’m sick of seeing you quote me with the same shite. 

It’s impossible to comment on the glaring issues on here with some of you lot. As if I’m nitpicking things during a winning streak 😂 you want a positive, okay, the positive is that we haven’t conceded a goal. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

I'm not saying it's been good, just giving a reason why we can't expect 2018-esque performances against City. Our passing in the final third is letting us down again.

I’d agree with you but we’re woefully out of form playing an in form City.

Considering how we played against Brighton, this is a decent first 30 minutes

• Subscriber

Boring start. But this is massive for Liverpool so it was always going to be a cagey start, given their form recently compared to Citeh. 

The 2 biggest and best and most relevant teams In the country.

:coffee: 😌 

Put me on ignore mate, I’m sick of seeing you quote me with the same shite. 

It’s impossible to comment on the glaring issues on here with some of you lot. As if I’m nitpicking things during a winning streak 😂 you want a positive, okay, the positive is that we haven’t conceded a goal. 

Just fucking watch the game man. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived