talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 1-4 Manchester City - Sunday 7th February 2021

football forum

The simple fact is that whilst you can’t blame the club for an injury crisis, you can blame them for the depths it’s hit. You have two in every position, they only had 3 experienced and proven centre backs. Two of which have a history of injuries, one in particular.

Then you look at midfield, they use Fabinho to cover centre back OK. What do they have in midfield? Thiago who is renowned to suffer injuries, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Keita who both suffer a lot of injuries. Their fringe players, cover, are generally sicknotes. The club have to take responsibility for that imo, bad planning as you have to be prepared for the possibility that all of these injury prone players could well be injured at similar times.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

C’mon mate, it’s all in jest. I’d rather lose 4–1 to Citeh than be embarrassed by a last minute equaliser to Everton.

What? Why?

Citeh and PSG are the most disgusting sides in football tbh. Losing to them is always unpleasant as fuck.

Them and any of the Red Bulls.

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

The simple fact is that whilst you can’t blame the club for an injury crisis, you can blame them for the depths it’s hit. You have two in every position, they only had 3 experienced and proven centre backs. Two of which have a history of injuries, one in particular.

Then you look at midfield, they use Fabinho to cover centre back OK. What do they have in midfield? Thiago who is renowned to suffer injuries, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Keita who both suffer a lot of injuries. Their fringe players, cover, are generally sicknotes. The club have to take responsibility for that imo, bad planning as you have to be prepared for the possibility that all of these injury prone players could well be injured at similar times.

Yeah, we should have bought another 6 players 'just in case. 

Fuck me.

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

It’s okay though, we are definitely spending big in the summer...

This club hasn’t properly capitalised on the success this (same) group of lads have brought them. Instead, we have flogged the same group of players to high heavens. Now look at a what is happening. 

Pissed off seeing the same excuses “nobody expected this injury prone player to get injured!” Fuck off. The fact that one injury in the attacking ranks leaves us with Origi as the option off the bench tells you everything you need to know. 

Just looked on the injury table. Liverpool have six players out but apart from van dyke how many are first team guarantees?  Klopp just seems to be making excuses to me.

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

Just looked on the injury table. Liverpool have six players out but apart from van dyke how many are first team guarantees?  Klopp just seems to be making excuses to me.

The bigger issue is lack of depth up top. 

The front three accumulated almost 200 points in two years whilst making two champions league finals in three. They are burnt out. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Gomez is to be fair. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

It’s okay though, we are definitely spending big in the summer...

This club hasn’t properly capitalised on the success this (same) group of lads have brought them. Instead, we have flogged the same group of players to high heavens. Now look at a what is happening. 

Agreed. You know why United were the top dogs for over twenty years? Because Ferge is not sentimental and will bin  a player when they are at the end. Did it to Becks, Staap, van Nistelrooj, Cole, P. Neville, Butt, Keane, it’s a rough business but when the candles is melted, you light a new one

Just now, Cicero said:

The bigger issue is lack of depth up top. 

The front three accumulated almost 200 points in two years whilst making two champions league finals in three. They are burnt out. 

I always thought they would burn out this season. To be at that level most mentally and physically is very hard to maintain 

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Van Dijk and Gomez or Matip. Henderson and Fabinho in midfield

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I'm fine with that. Any false hope I had can finally be put to bed

Ha ha I get that mate. That's the way I felt yesterday. Sometimes it's good to know you are out of something then you can stop worrying.

I meant with the champions league by the way I didn't mean I thought we could win the league 🤣

6 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I agree, we had 3 first 11 players missing today, De Bruyne, Aguero & Walker 

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived