The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 1-4 Manchester City - Sunday 7th February 2021

football forum

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, JoshBRFC said:

72E8B74A-0164-4F2C-8645-B86C231447F3.thumb.jpeg.f5c7283574c785dffa5f708663d5b063.jpeg

State of that though O.o

I can't work out why the rest of his body moves so far forward in that fashion after a little pull on the arm. It's pathetic. Embarrassing.

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Which comes down to strength in depth. So really city are ahead because they have more strength in depth. Which makes them the better team. No good saying we would have won if we had no injuries. Not that I'm saying you are saying that. 

This thought process has been accepted by some Liverpool fans, me not being one of them. I don’t buy the “unlucky to lose our three centrebacks” when two of the three have had numerous injury issues. Then in attack we have Jota as our only good back up option to the front three. He then gets injured and we go back to relying on a goal shy striker in Origi. Shite team management from the decision makers. Rode our luck for far too long and it’s come and bit us in the arse. 

Now instead of one or two good players to freshen up the team, we will need a complete overhaul in the summer. 

12 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:
Just now, Happy Blue said:
52 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Gary neville absolutely buzzin that we are losing... totally forgetting who we are playing!

xD I thought Gary might have cut back on his obsession, if anything he's gotten worse.

48 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

All of that was actually so perfect I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow morning after I've had a full night's sleep and built the energy to laugh hard enough to do it justice.

Liverpool get such bad luck with their concussed goalkeepers :ph34r:.

We should have taken a leaf out of your book and turned it off after going two goals down.

42 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Pickford would have saved that last one. :coffee:

Big news for Ali to make a clanger, not so big when the T Rex makes his regular ones.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Micah Richards is about as funny and refreshing as aids. City pretty much fucked him off after their first title because he was shit. Now he makes a career acting like a club legend. Urgh.

Na he’s brilliant, stop being miserable Phill

33 minutes ago, Danny said:

The simple fact is that whilst you can’t blame the club for an injury crisis, you can blame them for the depths it’s hit. You have two in every position, they only had 3 experienced and proven centre backs. Two of which have a history of injuries, one in particular.

Then you look at midfield, they use Fabinho to cover centre back OK. What do they have in midfield? Thiago who is renowned to suffer injuries, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Keita who both suffer a lot of injuries. Their fringe players, cover, are generally sicknotes. The club have to take responsibility for that imo, bad planning as you have to be prepared for the possibility that all of these injury prone players could well be injured at similar times.

Completely agree with this. This is the worst possible season for an injury crisis (although I think there's an extent to which this season made it inevitable or at least more likely), but it's completely exposed the patchwork cover we have where one injury damages about three positions by pulling people around. 

The only excuse is if that's the only way we can afford the quality we have while staying FFP-compliant. I'm not au-fait with our financials, but I'd be surprised if we genuinely were that restricted

4 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

The only excuse is if that's the only way we can afford the quality we have while staying FFP-compliant. I'm not au-fait with our financials, but I'd be surprised if we genuinely were that restricted

I wouldn't say our dealings have been restricted. It's more a case of us not being able to spend like drunken sailors to prop up the squad or pack them off on loan.

Can't stand Micah Richards. He's a ridiculously exaggerated example of the modern pundit who's been hired for bants rather than insight. The lack of any sort of insight is so glaring it's almost a feature of the role, and his antics stop being entertaining once you progress past primary school.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

Can't stand Micah Richards. He's a ridiculously exaggerated example of the modern pundit who's been hired for bants rather than insight. His lack of insight is almost a feature of the role, and his antics stop being entertaining once you progress past primary school.

Weirdly I think he's much more restrained and insightful (to an extent) on MOTD than he is on Sky.

1 minute ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

I wouldn't say our dealings have been restricted. It's more a case of us not being able to spend like drunken sailors to prop up the squad or pack them off on loan.

The club take a very different approach than most in the way that they will not take out finance to cover signings like other clubs normally. In a way, it’s commendable because it keeps us completely debt free. On the other hand, there’s only so long it can last if you are not constantly investing into the squad. 

14 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Micah Richards is about as funny and refreshing as aids. City pretty much fucked him off after their first title because he was shit. Now he makes a career acting like a club legend. Urgh.

Micah was one of our best RB's in recent years, injury's finished him at City

well that ended badly xD season is finished but i just hope that no one at the club panics. get a full team back for the start of next season with fans back and liverpool will be back. the bad luck we have had with the injuries is like nothing ive ever seen before. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

So now we need a full re-build? 

Heard it all now. 

That’s what we are meant to be doing isn’t it? All we hear is “oh don’t worry, we are going big on the summer”. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived