• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 1-4 Manchester City - Sunday 7th February 2021

football forum

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Panna King said:

Got a feeling Klopp will be gone by next season he has achieved everything and now he is blaming everything and everyone apart from himself which is unlike a German as their things always work.   Klopp will be the German national coach after their disastrous Euros and finally sacking Low.  Gerrard will take over Liverpool after winning the league with Rangers. 

Surely Liverpool will have had an eye on what happened at Chelsea with Lampard, too much too soon, rushing him into the job doesn’t seem smart. 

1 hour ago, Panna King said:

Got a feeling Klopp will be gone by next season he has achieved everything and now he is blaming everything and everyone apart from himself which is unlike a German as their things always work.   Klopp will be the German national coach after their disastrous Euros and finally sacking Low.  Gerrard will take over Liverpool after winning the league with Rangers. 

Not a snowballs chance in hell.:coffee:

13 hours ago, Rick said:

Roy Keane is pretty much bang on here. The number of excuses this season has been outrageous from some people. We are terrible champions, with a shockingly shit effort defending the title. 

I've just read what Keane said. As if you are lapping up the shite that cunt is coming out with

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

He was absolutely right about us being bad champions. 

Nah he doesn't offer anything insightful. Just a sensationalist dickhead who should probably be on Talksport rather than a post match show that is meant to analyse a football game properly. 

If Liverpool are bad champions then pretty much everyone who's won the title since Man Utd in 2013 has been then (apart from Man City 2019) 

I'm shocked you're lapping this shite up.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

If Liverpool are bad champions then pretty much everyone who's won the title since Man Utd in 2013 has been then (apart from Man City 2019) 

Guilty as charged.

Having rewatched it, I don’t quite understand the Dias penalty decision, or the rule about double jeopardy more generally. I don’t really care about it’s impact on the result but it’s interesting after the Luiz and Bednarek decisions. 

We've seen players getting sent off for any contact, when not challenging for the ball. The foul on Salah given was a pull on the arm, which is by definition not a challenge on the ball. 

By a strict reading of the law, shouldn’t it be a red and a pen? It seems like to me Oliver has felt that it’s a soft pen, and decided not to go the whole way. 

Which, though reasonable from a common sense perspective, doesn’t seem to line up with the letter of the law. Are they just changing it as they go?

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

What was Alisson's illness in the week? Was he even fully fit for yesterday's game?

No idea. Kelleher wasn't on the bench either yesterday. I wonder, if Kelleher was available, (I'm just assuming he had some sort of issue, I don't know for sure) if Alisson would have played.

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

What was Alisson's illness in the week? Was he even fully fit for yesterday's game?

He said himself he made mistakes because Robinson kept yelling in his ear.

Genuinely don’t understand what the issue is with what Rick’s saying. Top sides have deep squads, Liverpool have been Champions League finalists, winners and league winners in the last 3 years. That boosts finances to improve the squad. 

You signed two centre backs at the end of the transfer window, yet you went into the season with only 3 experienced centre backs. You relied on Matip of all players to cover the Van Dijk/Gomez injuries and decided not to have deals done for players to come in January 1st.

There is a lack of planning here considering most of your cover in midfield and defence are injury prone players.

33 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Nah he doesn't offer anything insightful. Just a sensationalist dickhead who should probably be on Talksport rather than a post match show that is meant to analyse a football game properly. 

I'm shocked you're lapping this shite up.

Lapping it up xD

Listen Mike, we clearly have differing opinions on the whole situation. That much is clear, so I’m not going to get into another tiresome back and forth. Had enough of that with madlad. 

7 minutes ago, Danny said:

Genuinely don’t understand what the issue is with what Rick’s saying. Top sides have deep squads, Liverpool have been Champions League finalists, winners and league winners in the last 3 years. That boosts finances to improve the squad. 

You signed two centre backs at the end of the transfer window, yet you went into the season with only 3 experienced centre backs. You relied on Matip of all players to cover the Van Dijk/Gomez injuries and decided not to have deals done for players to come in January 1st.

There is a lack of planning here considering most of your cover in midfield and defence are injury prone players.

Spend as much money as you want. Man City did that. They still couldn't follow up two 95+ point seasons with another title challenge

I think Klopp is just a touch too loyal to his long-serving players.

From a brutally logical perspective, Gomez and Matip are too injury prone to be 2/3 of your CBs. So, you either keep Lovren, or you move both Lovren and Matip on and bring in a reliable option to be 3rd choice behind Van Dijk and Gomez. 

Just getting rid of Lovren alone was a halfway measure that has proven costly.

I also think Liverpool have been led into a false idea of what kind of fees they can get for their unwanted players. Apparently they missed out selling Wilson last summer because the bids were a few million too low. There isn’t always going to be a club dumb enough to get rinsed for unproven or inconsistent players. 

Sometimes it’s better just get players out for a decent bid and keep up the momentum of squad renewal. 

• The topic was locked

Archived