The better place to talk football.

Your Favourite Fast-Food Items

football forum

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
12 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

£5 donation for 20 minutes. I threw a few quid in to support the effort, but believe that @Stan and @Batard stayed for the full duration.

2 minutes ago, Pugwash said:

Kleenex must have got battered that day     xD

Agreed. In the end it was just myself and @Batard and we forgot @MUFC was even doing anything.

image.png

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Pugwash said:

Smoked Sausage Supper - Picture of La Dolce Vita, Lochwinnoch - Tripadvisor

and NO     it is not an 'orses villy

seeing those chips makes me yearn for a proper good fish and chips. Everyone of course has their favourites so there's not really any point in going in to who's the best but just seeing those chips makes me salivate. Love all the crispy ones.

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

seeing those chips makes me yearn for a proper good fish and chips. Everyone of course has their favourites so there's not really any point in going in to who's the best but just seeing those chips makes me salivate. Love all the crispy ones.

Harry Ramsden does elite F&C.

22 minutes ago, Stan said:

Had good one in Whitby,  queue was down the street and a dont mean a lockdown queue, well worth the wait though

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Moon Monkey said:

Had good one in Whitby,  queue was down the street and a dont mean a lockdown queue, well worth the wait though

true, never been but have heard Whitby is famed for fish and chips.

49 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Harry Ramsden does elite F&C.

I love a Harry Ramsdens but I haven't been to Blackpool for ages so it's a while since I had one.

Manchester airport user to have one as well but don't anymore for some reason.

The fish bites they do (or at least used to do) were fantastic.

• Administrator

A new player entered my fast-food world yesterday. 

Was with the missus and with restaurants still shut here we were looking for something to get delivered but not any of the main fast-food places we'd go to, so avoiding McDonald's, KFC etc. Both fancied a kebab and saw German Doner Kebab places dotted around. 

My word they were fantastic. Chicken Doner with fries and a doner sandwich with salad and curry-spiced fries. Delicious. Very generous portions too. 10/10 would go back and eat again. 

8 hours ago, Stan said:

Was with the missus and with restaurants still shut here we were looking for something to get delivered but not any of the main fast-food places we'd go to, so avoiding McDonald's, KFC etc. Both fancied a kebab and saw German Doner Kebab places dotted around. 

My word they were fantastic. Chicken Doner with fries and a doner sandwich with salad and curry-spiced fries. Delicious. Very generous portions too. 10/10 would go back and eat again. 

One opened near us recently, will be giving it a go now I know they are decent. 

11 minutes ago, Toinho said:

German kebabs? What’s the difference? 

Show me yours and I'll show you mine.

But Döner Kebab was invented in Germany apparently. By a German-Turk of course. I know that kebab can mean quite a few different things. Not sure how a German Kebab differs. It's delicious though. 

Usually looks like this. 

Doner-kebab.jpg

PS: Not my picture. That's why the thumb is so ugly. 

24 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Show me yours and I'll show you mine.

But Döner Kebab was invented in Germany apparently. By a German-Turk of course. I know that kebab can mean quite a few different things. Not sure how a German Kebab differs. It's delicious though. 

Usually looks like this. 

Doner-kebab.jpg

PS: Not my picture. That's why the thumb is so ugly. 

Sandwich form! Ours down under come in wraps. Same toppings 

7 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Sandwich form! Ours down under come in wraps. Same toppings 

We got them in wrap form too! Then it's called Döner Dürüm. 

On 20/03/2021 at 23:33, Stan said:

I don't even really like doner kebabs anymore due to the fact I'd abuse them in my drinking/partying days, but the ones from German Doner are excellent. Nicest tasting doner meat I've had.

I was going quite regularly during the first lockdown but seemed to forget about it recently for some reason.

My only criticism is how expensive it is when baring in mind the size of the portions. 

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Just saw this on facebook. Would anyone of you actually eat that? :52_fearful:

Not at all. Literally no point in battering something like that.

Chip cob/butty/roll is perfectly fine as it is. Should not be messed with!

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not at all. Literally no point in battering something like that.

Chip cob/butty/roll is perfectly fine as it is. Should not be messed with!

Wait, you people actually eat chips INSIDE of a sandwich??? xD Weirdos.

Archived