• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arepas vs Fish and Chips

football forum

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Toinho said:

You’ve been to every one? Funny enough I’ve only had fish and chips a couple of times in England (London) and they were very disappointing. 

Tbh a lot of food in London is disappointing, mainly if you're site seeing. There so much great food in London but its crammed between shitty chain restaurants that all serve the same Wetherspoons style food and it's horrible. 

6 hours ago, Danny said:

The plus side to Australia is the jug culture, 3$/5$ jugs, about 3 schooners, was decent to get you pissed. Plus you have goon which is essentially our white lightening/special brew. Sydney is terrible to party in, or at leats was, lockdown laws were stupid and ruined Kings Cross

Jesus no jugs here for that!

also on the schooner debate pretty sure pints are rare in Melbourne and Sydney? @Devil-Dick Willie @Harry could be wrong!! 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Toinho said:

You’ve been to every one? Funny enough I’ve only had fish and chips a couple of times in England (London) and they were very disappointing. 

I'll take you out on a fish and chip date next time you come to the UK. Will be the best night of your life. 

Just now, Danny said:

Tbh a lot of food in London is disappointing, mainly if you're site seeing. There so much great food in London but its crammed between shitty chain restaurants that all serve the same Wetherspoons style food and it's horrible. 

Yeah makes sense! 

17 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Jesus no jugs here for that!

also on the schooner debate pretty sure pints are rare in Melbourne and Sydney? @Devil-Dick Willie @Harry could be wrong!! 

Pints are everywhere in Sydney and the gong mate, can't speak for Melbourne. However, I hear it costs $15 for a pint in Perth? 

5 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Is there a specific kind of fish that is served with the chips? I've never eaten fish & chips.

depends where you are but it is generally cod but in ozstralia you get a lot of flake (a culinary name for shark), barramundi, and snapper. I like flake but that is probably because I'm australian and that is typical

6 hours ago, Danny said:

Tiger generally, sometimes XXXX. But every prick was in the mines when I went to Perth so that's probably why xD

what the fuck is tiger? you're not talking about that import shit from south east asia, are you?

• Administrator
6 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Is there a specific kind of fish that is served with the chips? I've never eaten fish & chips.

In UK it's mainly haddock or cod. 

2 hours ago, Spike said:

what the fuck is tiger? you're not talking about that import shit from south east asia, are you?

I don't mind tiger. 

For Asian beers, Asahi, Bintang, Kirin, Sapporo, Tiger, even leo

Chang is to be avoided. It is known even in its own country as "Elephants piss". Very patriotic. 

For Australian beers, they mostly blow ass. 
VB, Tooheys new, XXXX, Byron, great northern, Crown, carlton dry... all dogshit

Coopers, Furphy, Kaiju all very solid to be fair.  Tooheys extra dry is drinkable, but so is ass juice. 

47 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I don't mind tiger. 

Chang is to be avoided. It is known even in its own country as "Elephants piss". Very patriotic. 

Coopers, Furphy, Kaiju all very solid to be fair.  Tooheys extra dry is drinkable, but so is ass juice. 

TEDS are fucking shite.

as for the whole fish thing snapper, hake, lots of different choices here 

24 minutes ago, Toinho said:

TEDS are fucking shite.

as for the whole fish thing snapper, hake, lots of different choices here 

As I said. Ass juice. 

Ginger Yowie. Now there's a fucking beer. I mean, It's a ginger beer. But fuck me it's good. Proper stuff, no vodka. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I don't mind tiger. 

Do you get Beer Lao in Australia? The best Southeast Asian beer, imo, and it doesn't have that sweetness to it like most other beers from the region. 

2 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

You only find proper chippies up north that's why.

Chippies down south are terrible. 

There are a lot of terrible chippies down here, you really have to stick to a decent one but even then it can be questionable

Archived