The better place to talk football.

Arepas vs Fish and Chips

football forum

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Spike said:

i think newspaper was a bit before my time but they did use that paper which essentially was newspaper, just without the whole printed ink issue, it was greyish and maybe a bit thicker

Funny nowadays they all come in boxes with plastic forks and knives 😄

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think the fact probably none of us knew what the non-fish and chips one is means that fish and chips is the clear winner

we'd gone nearly a day without a SA vs Europe/England debate so @Mpache took the initiative upon himself like a true man he is and delivered.

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Is that what happened to Blinky after he finished filming The Simpsons?

trust phil to make a simpsons reference from the third fucking episode ever and not the holy collection of  seasons 3-8, but hey i heard in liverpool they just got episode two last week so it could be worse

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

trust phil to make a simpsons reference from the third fucking episode ever and not the holy collection of  seasons 3-8, but hey i heard in liverpool they just got episode two last week so it could be worse

Shhhh. You’ll offend someone........

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Spike said:

article-0-1D6A83D200000578-404_634x623.j

17 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Funny nowadays they all come in boxes with plastic forks and knives 😄

And don't taste as good as fish and chips wrapped in paper. Back then, the portion of chips would feed 3 people today 🤣

@Mpache  you're a strange guy sometimes. You come on a forum with mainly uk people. Ask them what do they prefer. A dish that they haven't heard of or one of the most popular dishes in the country xD

1 hour ago, Danny said:

You don't get good chip shop chips in straya, generally steak cut like weirdos

ah yes every single one in australia is bad, you must have been busy in the six months you were there

49 minutes ago, Spike said:

ah yes every single one in australia is bad, you must have been busy in the six months you were there

and here we have spike, a delightfully argumentative member of the species who has never light-heartedly made a generalisation based on his living experiences in another country.

But two years and yes, never came across any good chippys, always done steak cut, which as chips are nice, but if you ain't had chip shop chips you ain't had fish and chips. Nice fish obviously in Aus, but the chips lacked. Much like roast dinners, fried breakfasts and pork sausages, they don't really do them well in Aus (or at all if you're after a decent sausage, insert joke about gay sex here). Fortunately you have chicken parmas and a plethora of takeaways selling gyros to make up for it

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

and here we have spike, a delightfully argumentative member of the species who has never light-heartedly made a generalisation based on his living experiences in another country.

But two years and yes, never came across any good chippys, always done steak cut, which as chips are nice, but if you ain't had chip shop chips you ain't had fish and chips. Nice fish obviously in Aus, but the chips lacked. Much like roast dinners, fried breakfasts and pork sausages, they don't really do them well in Aus (or at all if you're after a decent sausage, insert joke about gay sex here). Fortunately you have chicken parmas and a plethora of takeaways selling gyros to make up for it

and here we have danny, knickers in a twist always taking it the wrong way, thinking that the other guy is also getting his knickers caught up. for fucks sake mate, that is the pot calling the kettle black

1 minute ago, Spike said:

and here we have danny, knickers in a twist always taking it the wrong way, thinking that the other guy is also getting his knickers caught up

and here we have spike, a man with a strange interest in twisted knickers, who does not realise that I know him well enough to know that he was just throwing out light bait for a catch, who thought he'd caught a whopper but instead got his hook stuck on a sunken cooker. He also has a burning hatred for Australian border forces for even letting me into the country

Just now, Danny said:

and here we have spike, a man with a strange interest in twisted knickers, who does not realise that I know him well enough to know that he was just throwing out light bait for a catch, who thought he'd caught a whopper but instead got his hook stuck on a sunken cooker. He also has a burning hatred for Australian border forces for even letting me into the country

Rusty Hooks High Resolution Stock Photography and Images - Alamy

Archived