• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gianluigi Donnarumma Leaving AC Milan - PSG To Sign Keeper on Free Transfer

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
On 26/04/2021 at 11:36, The Palace Fan said:

Juventus appears most likely destination.

That surprises me, he's a Milan fan and I don't think joining Juve right now is any form of career progression. From what I've read Milan have decided to halt negotiations until the end of the season. They also released this story, so there seems to be some game playing on both sides here. 

1 hour ago, Batard said:

That surprises me, he's a Milan fan and I don't think joining Juve right now is any form of career progression. From what I've read Milan have decided to halt negotiations until the end of the season. They also released this story, so there seems to be some game playing on both sides here. 

‘Milan fan’. He is also from Napoli so if he playing for them he’d be a ‘Napoli fan’

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Spike said:

‘Milan fan’. He is also from Napoli so if he playing for them he’d be a ‘Napoli fan’

I don't think his affinity for Milan can be questioned personally, he's just incredibly ambitious. We've been in this position before, in 2017 the Ultra's were giving him pelters over his contract demands. 

4 hours ago, Batard said:

I don't think Milan have any bargaining power at the minute. A new project every other season and it looks like they'll fall out the Champions League places. Given they've signed Mike Maignan it seems like they've admitted defeat.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

I don't think Milan have any bargaining power at the minute. A new project every other season and it looks like they'll fall out the Champions League places. Given they've signed Mike Maignan it seems like they've admitted defeat.

Maignan is a very solid signing, a few EPL clubs have missed out there. 

3 hours ago, Batard said:

I don't think his affinity for Milan can be questioned personally, he's just incredibly ambitious. We've been in this position before, in 2017 the Ultra's were giving him pelters over his contract demands. 

I don't believe any player when they say they are a fan of 'x club'

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Spike said:

I don't believe any player when they say they are a fan of 'x club'

Was it Robbie Keane that said he was a 'boyhood' fan of each club he moved to xD 

36 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

So, you don't believe Mark Noble supports West Ham?

Do any pros 'support' a team? Maybe he did when he was 10 but isn't he directly from that area anyway?

I just struggle to believe anyone from Napoli where they worship Napoli football club alongside Jesus Christ  and Diego Maradona as the holy trinity is a bloody AC Milan supporter, a northern team whose supporters call Neapolitans terrone

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, Spike said:

Do any pros 'support' a team? Maybe he did when he was 10 but isn't he directly from that area anyway?

I just struggle to believe anyone from Napoli where they worship Napoli football club alongside Jesus Christ  and Diego Maradona as the holy trinity is a bloody AC Milan supporter, a northern team whose supporters call Neapolitans terrone

Tevez openly supports Boca and spoke of it being his dream to return there, which he did. 

Milan are an Italian institution, dare I say bigger than Juve due to how impressive they were in the 80s and 90s. It's no different than Southerners supporting Man Utd in England. Location is a secondary consideration. 

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Probably means he was just a gloryboy who loved that legendary Milan side as a kid

3 hours ago, Batard said:

Tevez openly supports Boca and spoke of it being his dream to return there, which he did. 

Milan are an Italian institution, dare I say bigger than Juve due to how impressive they were in the 80s and 90s. It's no different than Southerners supporting Man Utd in England. Location is a secondary consideration. 

Tevez says a lot of things, I think even saying the same about Corinthians. An anecdote about Tevez doesn't change my mind.

I think it is very different, while there is a north/south rivalry in England it has nothing on the actual classism and racism of 'terrone'.

• 3 weeks later...

Are any of the big spenders desperate for a keeper on high wages? Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Juventus have money issues and have better keepers anyway. Even if they wanted to sell their keeper for a decent amount of money to sign Donnarumma on a free, who's actually going to give them a decent amount of money in the current climate? PSG could spend on a keeper but why wouldn't they just go for Donnarumma themselves? That's why I'd say PSG makes the most sense.

• Subscriber

Manchester United should be all over this honestly. Unless Ole has big plans for Henderson which looks highly unlikely I think he could be a good replacement for DeGea long term.

4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Manchester United should be all over this honestly. Unless Ole has big plans for Henderson which looks highly unlikely I think he could be a good replacement for DeGea long term.

How do you get De Gea and his 350k a week off your books?

Nobody is going to want him, he's looked a shadow of his former self for at least 3 years now. 

• The title was changed to Gianluigi Donnarumma Leaving AC Milan - PSG To Sign Keeper on Free Transfer

Archived