talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 1-2 Chelsea - Saturday 8th May, 2021

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

No, add De Bruyne, Walker, Mahrez, Stones, Bernardo, Foden, Gundogan, so 7 players short of our most inform team right now, you could even include Fernandinho too

And I’ll raise you Havertz, Mount, Kovacic, Chilwell, and Silva. Not our fault you have a trillion pound bench with different options that blow hot and cold 

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

This place is all fished out to be fair, i've moved the trawler to LGBTQ site's now! :ph34r:lol

Going to a fishmarket isn't fishing, you know

• The title was changed to Man City 1-2 Chelsea - Saturday 8th May, 2021
2 hours ago, Rick said:

I just saw that Zouma challenge on Sterling. Chelsea got away with one there, cause that’s a penalty. 

I didn’t watch this match, but I just saw it on the highlights after our match. 

Was that reviewed by VAR? because I don’t know how that’s not a clear and obvious error

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Was that reviewed by VAR? because I don’t know how that’s not a clear and obvious error

It's dicey territory because Sterling could have been red carded earlier for a bad challenge on Werner. Overall, it was a very poorly controlled game.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It was reviewed. But the ones operating VAR also determined Sterling shouldn’t of been sent off in the first half for a studs up challenge. 

In the end, the shit officiating balanced itself out. 

1 hour ago, Spike said:

It's dicey territory because Sterling could have been red carded earlier for a bad challenge on Werner. Overall, it was a very poorly controlled game.

Sounds like any given weekend in the league then

• The topic was unpinned
23 hours ago, Cicero said:

Not having any of the B team nonsense. City and us have the best squads in the league. 

You would possibly be top of the league had Tuchel been there since the start of the season, or atleast right up City's arse. I also think you'll nick it in the champions league final.

Next season could be a big one for Chelsea. 

2 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

You would possibly be top of the league had Tuchel been there since the start of the season, or atleast right up City's arse. I also think you'll nick it in the champions league final.

Next season could be a big one for Chelsea. 

I party agree with this but think this is City's final to lose.

Would put my money on Chelsea to win a couple of trophies next season though. This is a very promising end of season for them.

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

We should be eyeing up Aguero in my opinion if he’s willing to come to Liverpool that is. He would be a goal machine.

Reckon he goes back to Spain or Argentina. 

• Administrator

Just seen the Sterling/Werner challenge. How was Sterling not sent off?! Studs shin-high level and didn't even get the ball with that anyway? After some of the red cards seen this season that is quite pathetic that that wasn't upgraded from the yellow initially given.

Even the penalty decision was a joke xD. Gilmour barely touches him. Jesus only imbalanced by his own actions in trying to get the shot away. Poetic justice that Aguero's penalty was equally horrendous. For consistency, given what Jesus had a penalty for, you'd think that would be given. But if that one didn't happen, it's not a penalty at all, Sterling goes down so easily, as standard.

Rodri having the audacity to think he was fouled when he lost the ball for Ziyech's goal is embarrassing. 

Man City looked awful based on the highlights - was Mendy even tested aside from the Sterling goal? 

Archived