talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jack Grealish - Winger Completes Move to Man City

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Devil said:

So players from the other clubs City own goes into the clubs finances?

That's not right surely, they can't be counting that towards Manchester City's income, the group yes but surely that's not fair if they are classing that income on their figures. 

I don't think transfermrkt is more accurate than Guardiola mate

4 minutes ago, Danny said:

I don't think transfermrkt is more accurate than Guardiola mate

Yeah, I understand they can't be spot on but there is still 26 million pounds difference.

I'm interested to know where the 60 million figure has come from. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Who have we bought this window exactly? 

Shifting goal posts now? You  complained how we could possibly be complying with FFP.  I showed you. 

To summarise all of this, timing has been on our side these past couple years. We are also still reaping the rewards of our loan system business model + Youth Academy to help fund our transfers.  So far this summer, we have sold Tomori (28 million), Guehi (18 million) Moses (4 Million) Bate (2.5 million) Livarmento (2.5 million) Peart-Harris (2.5 million)  and Giroud (2 million). That's 60 million we've generated so far for transfers. The season before that, we utilised the Hazard + Morata funds to secure Havertz, Werner, and Ziyech. 

Net Spend (Past 5 seasons)

1. Man City : - £505.6 M

2. Man Utd : - £378.9 M

3. Everton :  - £275.0 M

4. Arsenal : - £249.0 M

----------------------------------------

9. Chelsea: - £133.2 M

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

I've posted enough about this now and explained my gripes repeatedly. You've bristled at my mention of Chelsea and missed my point. I never said anyone wasn't complying with FFP. I said that FFP prevents clubs from spending beyond their means now. Because of investment in the academy and ongoing success over the years, Chelsea can afford to spend £100m on Lukaku if they want without breaking FFP, but if FFP had existed back in the 2000s then Chelsea would never have been able to establish themselves in the position they're in today, and they like most others, even with the backing of Abramovich, couldn't dream of spending that sort of money. Nor would Man City. These clubs might be "sustainable" now but it's only because they were allowed the financial doping that nobody else is now allowed to replicate, and once they bought their way into the elite group, they naturally starting investing in the infrastructure you need 

I'm sure you'll come back with some more carefully selected numbers that prove how actually fair it is after all that Chelsea can spend whatever they want on the most expensive risk-free assets every summer, and you're nowhere near as big offenders as Man City, I'll give you that, but it undeniably all goes back to a position that the club bought for themselves years back.

22 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I never said anyone wasn't complying with FFP.

Except, you did. 

15 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

And Chelsea spent some absurd amount on Werner, Ziyech and Havertz last summer, didn't really work out the way they wanted even if they did win the Champions League. If Financial "Fair Play" actually applies to these clubs then why can they just go and spend another 100 million this summer on Lukaku?

To which after my reply you instead tried to shift the goal posts to an argument I actually agree with. 

18 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I never said anyone wasn't complying with FFP.

Except, you did. 

15 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

And Chelsea spent some absurd amount on Werner, Ziyech and Havertz last summer, didn't really work out the way they wanted even if they did win the Champions League. If Financial "Fair Play" actually applies to these clubs then why can they just go and spend another 100 million this summer on Lukaku?

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Except, you did. 

To which after my reply you instead tried to shift the goal posts to an argument I actually agree with. 

Well I can see why you've taken what you did from that post so I'll hold my hands up. Poor wording, but my intention was to mock the naming of FFP, not accuse clubs of not abiding by it. Rather that it's a lot easier for clubs like City, United, Chelsea, PSG, etc to comply without really having to compromise on their transfer dealings, than it is for other clubs.

I can see why Grealish wanted to transfer, although seeing as City win multiple trophies a year anyway, how genuine will any achievements there feel for him (unless he scores a last minute winner in the CL final or something). 

It doesn't seem to make a difference to City as they've already got decent creative players so fully expected them to win multiple trophies with or without Grealish. 

I can see why it feels difficult to stomach for Villa fans as City don't feel like a massive club. I know they obviously are, but because when most of us grew up they were at best a middling Premier League club. City just feel like the PL equivalent of the Harlem Globetrotters. It would probably be easier to accept for Villa fans if he left for a Liverpool or a Man United as they could more easily acknowledge that as a move up, which I think is harder to do with a club like City. 

4 hours ago, Devil said:

You talk as if the teams at the top should be ashamed because they are bigger than the rest. United, Liverpool and Arsenal have always been the biggest three clubs in England with the biggest attendances and wealth, nothing new there other than we now have two money rich clubs and Spurs gate crashing the party. 

Put it this way, Spurs would be considered a big club in English football, possibly the next tier down from United, Liverpool and Arsenal.  Less than a decade ago they were in no better position than Everton sit now, good management and being fortunate with players and purchases have elevated them into a position where they now consider themselves ahead of the pack of chasing clubs. Everton have spent an absolute fortune over the last few years, bad recruitment is the reason your not competing for European football, it's nothing to do with the top six clubs. 

As for the likes of Southampton they've always sold their best players and that won't ever change because no matter what you think they are a far smaller club than the top teams, Everton included. Why wouldn't a player who's come through the ranks at Southampton want to play at Anfield, Old Trafford or the Emirates. 

Tbh mate, Everton are one of the historical bigger clubs in the country. They used to be regular contenders. It’s not really their fans fault that decades of mismanagement & an unambitious chairman let them languish while the money in football got outrageous.

17 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

It was me I’m very angry I know a lot about this deal as I knew a lot about what has gone before. I can’t share it but put it this way Villa have been fucked over massively by the Grealish camp.

I know you have been vocal on this before but do you not honestly feel he deserves a crack at the Champions League after staying last year, when it seemed there was a push for him to go?

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbh mate, Everton are one of the historical bigger clubs in the country. They used to be regular contenders. It’s not really their fans fault that decades of mismanagement & an unambitious chairman let them languish while the money in football got outrageous.

Yes, as recently as the 1980's Everton & Chelsea were pretty much reversed roles.

If you go back to the beginning of the Premier League era, Liverpool were the only giant of the game. Man United had been floundering for over 25 years. Arsenal were finishing mid table after George Graham left. Chelsea, Spurs & Everton were mid table sides. Man City weren't always top division. There was much more excitement about Newcastle anyway. And QPR were as relevant as Chelsea.

Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Blackburn Rovers, Norwich City & Aston Villa were early years Top 4 sides. Google some of the early to mid 90's league tables.

Go back just a little earlier, to the 80's & 70's & many unfashionable sides (these days) were winning league titles & European competitions. Because the money hadn't unbalanced things & weighted it all in favour of the select brand names & best financially backed.

Leicester these days are seen as that 1 blip in an otherwise Formula 1 style monetary alignment. The Big 4. The Big 4 - 2.0. The Super League 6. It really didn't used to quite so much like that. And that's what older people miss I suspect. That the fine balance of open competition is gone. And it shows little or no sign of returning.

15 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I know you have been vocal on this before but do you not honestly feel he deserves a crack at the Champions League after staying last year, when it seemed there was a push for him to go?

The club have more recently had Benteke & Delph leave for Liverpool & Man City.

Around a decade back there was Barry, Milner, Young & Downing, to Man City, Man City, Man United & LIverpool.

I can't recall the fine details, but fairly sure 1 or 2 of those moved after a Kane style insistence.

The 1 thing Grealish has done is ensure that if he does leave for trophies, acclaim, England recognition, sacks full of cash, he gets Villa the best possible deal too. And it's transpired to be while they're not in an unreasonable position.

I don't think too many Villa fans will see that as a redeeming feature any time soon. It will be like House of Commons Brexit debates when City play at Villa Park.

But he did sign up to a contract that was essentially like a Last Will & Testament that he wanted to leave Villa with something. Enough to spend a bit at current market rates.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm aware of the historical history of Everton mate, its clear they went through a period of not having a great deal of money at the start of the Premier league era, the last few years they had plenty pumped in.

I would have expected more from it to be fair.

4 hours ago, Lucas said:

No he’s good enough to play CL football. He’s a great player although I don’t know how he will fit in with City at present. What has angered me about this deal is the whole manner in which it’s happened. 

Last year Grealish’s camp met with united, they were geared up to go to Spurs the year before as we were about to go under and he needed to be sold, Levy lowballed and F’d up. Off the back of that his old man discovered that basically he would get a cut of any deal. so he instructed the agents to sort a deal for next summer they did United, £165k p/w but United wanted to pay £65m Villa wanted £100m. Woodward is a clown, commercially very good, transfers a window licker. Money from the agent fee again goes to the dad.

Jack signed a new contract £125k p/w on the condition that there was a £100m release clause. He then gave it the old “my club my city, my home” and fans brought in. 2 months later they brokered a meeting with City in London £300k p/w And told City about the clause, they agreed to match it.  He knew before Nov 2020 he was off . 

He then told our CEO mid Euros and our owners via zoom while on Holiday in Croatia after the Euros he was off when we had offered £225k p/w  to convince him to stay, which in turn they then leveraged for more out of city £365k p/w. We wouldn’t have signed off on that marketing campaign if we’d known he was angling for a move. 

City are a club that financially dope they have taken 4 of our captains in the last 14 years, how any Villa fan could consider going there is beyond me. Barry, Milner & Delph you can understand they’re not Villa but Jack was supposed to be different.

I could wish him well to a foreign club but for somebody who “bleeds claret and blue”  to treat his club so poorly walk out a week before the season and go there of all places is more than I’m prepared to forgive or forget any time soon. 

people outside of the Villa bubble scoff at this but from a Villa fans point of view he’s joining a rival, city are somewhat ahead of us however we’re now stinking rich ourselves now and the ambition of NSWE is very much to establish Villa as the top club in this country, when Jack said “I’ve seen the vision I’m excited” we bought into it because we see what’s going on at the club. FFP hampers progress of the first team (but we are climbing and aid argue better than our 11th placed finish we lacked squad depth and we are the youngest squad in the league) but our youth set up is cherry picking all the best talent in the country &where possible the continent because of the millions being ploughed in, we’ve just won the FA youth cup.  Wes Eden’s owns the Milwaukee Bucks who’ve just won the NBA and he’s following the same blueprint build a competitive team and blood the best youth into it. When they talk about sustainability they mean selling these players not good enough for the first team  to provide an income stream same as Chelsea and City do.  It’s happening at Villa now bankrolled by billionaires.  We genuinely feel that we will be a CL side competing with City and Chelsea 2023/24 to a degree (we would need a sustained period of this to really establish ourselves but no reason we can’t compete on the pitch at this point) and Jack would have led us there, he’d promised it seen the blueprint.

After 25 years of decline at Villa we’re on the up and we have a sense of being a big club instilled in us, we’ve not done much for 25 years but our dads, granddads, uncles etc instilled the mentality in you because they’ve seen Villa conquer Europe, these have been lean years hard to take as our proud club gets steamrolled by clubs we perceive as smaller. So when it appears to change hope ignites among the fans and Jack is the symbol of it because his family are Villa his grandad was a Villa player and he’s Villa we brought in even more to the cult of Grealish and kids idolise him etc. Mine aren’t but I’m sorry for the fans who’ve got to yet again console their children who are in tears because their Hero wants to go play for the oil club?  And what is going to be a rival? Jack has that maverick aura that brings in the neutral and City have paid for that because they need it as they’re still small in reality nobody considers them a big club other than in terms of wealth due to oil. It makes our task harder

The thing that gets me most is the Grealish FC show, and condescending nature of pundits, media & other fans and the narrative that we’re a one man team or that we owe him a crack at the big time. 

Jack didn’t get us promoted we were mid table, Tyrone Mings stabilised the defence and that got us up, playoff final Jack didn’t score or assist in either goal. Nor did he score the goal to keep us up, because 60 seconds later it deflected back into our net off him. Defensive stability kept us up, there’s no denying he helped us he would typically be doubled marked and that would create space for others. The address thing is that we’ve added that in Buendia and we won’t get to see it come to fruition it very much feels like he’s took the easy road. But as he was typically late for training and shagging out every night it’s no great loss. Of and his shins are hairline fractures it’s persistent enjoy City he’s missed 1/3rd of the last 5 out of 6 seasons. It’s Villa fans that have defended him sang his praises talked about his game made the public aware of what he brings and he’s basically said thanks I’m off to mercenary myself for my £100m contract fuck you lot best of luck. 

Well  fuck him if I ever see him at Villa park I’ll spit in his face the Judas cunt

Its strange talking about Everton as I remember them being a decent side,  with Chelsea for me it changed in the early 90's with CFC offering Hoddle training facilities and then he signed to be player manager attracting Ruud Gullit.

• Hoddle then to England,
  • Gullit takes over brings in Vialli etc, etc.
  • 5 cups in 5 years, 2 of them glamour cups yet 2 Fa Cups and a Cup Winners Cup.
  • Then we beat Liverpool under Ranieiri to claim a CL spot and Roman Abramovich decides to buy.

I always think this started with Chelsea offering training facilities to Hoddle after Spurs turned him down.

Just now, Fairy In Boots said:

Yes but we are complying with FFP. Not that FFP rules aren’t BS however 

Tbh, I think most clubs in our league are financially doped - at least comparing our league to other country's top flights. The amount of money the bottom half of our league has to piss away compared to clubs in the top half of Germany, Spain or Italy (other than some of the giants in those leagues, and even then, only some of them) is pretty absurd.

City have saved football, covid has hit clubs hard and we are here helping the smaller clubs out, Spurs are nearly bankrupt with the stadium fee, just say thank you City for saving our clubs and making football great again then we can all move on ..form a que now :4_joy:

1b798430f722c9ea0a68d391bd03fbc9.gif

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

City have saved football, covid has hit clubs hard and we are here helping the smaller clubs out, Spurs are nearly bankrupt with the stadium fee, just say thank you City for saving our clubs and making football great again the we can all move on ..form a que now :4_joy:

1b798430f722c9ea0a68d391bd03fbc9.gif

Please buy Origi at an insane price.

Archived