talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Worst Thing You've Done When Drunk

football forum

Okay, so this comes off the back on me having the worst hangover of my life yesterday, which is that bad I'm currently nursing a second day hangover. Saturday like most Englishmen I went out for the football, met my friends at 3pm in Sale and didn't get home until 3am the following morning. 

Now usually after one of these crazy drinking sessions I will wake up in my bed wondering how I managed to get home, this time I woke up in a more unusual spot, in front of my wife's car in the front garden at 4am. My wife literally found me asleep on the driveway to our house!!

Not content with being found on the floor of the drive I then stand up and realise I don't seem to have the use of my legs and fall face first through the door. I spent the remainder of the night lay motionless on the living floor with my wife lay next to me because she was so worried. 

Turns out I wasn't actually asleep on the drive after all, yesterday was a blur anyway and it's only today I've realised the whole right hand side of my body is in agony and I my right temple has an horrific bruise and lump. I must have slipped over and knocked myself out. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Worst Thing You've Done When Drunk
51 minutes ago, nudge said:

Oh wow :4_joy:

Yeah, to be fair it was pretty extreme for me that and it has shocked me a fair bit if I'm honest. 

It's all good getting drunk and that but you hear about people dying from drunk injuries all the time and it was pretty scary waking up in front of the car. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Devil said:

Yeah, to be fair it was pretty extreme for me that and it has shocked me a fair bit if I'm honest. 

It's all good getting drunk and that but you hear about people dying from drunk injuries all the time and it was pretty scary waking up in front of the car. 

You must have been completely wasted? And yeah, I can imagine it's a bit scary! 

I personally always loved a drink, but never liked getting drunk, if that makes any sense, haha. You could even say I'm a responsible drunk 😂

1 hour ago, Devil said:

Okay, so this comes off the back on me having the worst hangover of my life yesterday, which is that bad I'm currently nursing a second day hangover. Saturday like most Englishmen I went out for the football, met my friends at 3pm in Sale and didn't get home until 3am the following morning. 

Now usually after one of these crazy drinking sessions I will wake up in my bed wondering how I managed to get home, this time I woke up in a more unusual spot, in front of my wife's car in the front garden at 4am. My wife literally found me asleep on the driveway to our house!!

Not content with being found on the floor of the drive I then stand up and realise I don't seem to have the use of my legs and fall face first through the door. I spent the remainder of the night lay motionless on the living floor with my wife lay next to me because she was so worried. 

Turns out I wasn't actually asleep on the drive after all, yesterday was a blur anyway and it's only today I've realised the whole right hand side of my body is in agony and I my right temple has an horrific bruise and lump. I must have slipped over and knocked myself out. 

To be fair I think you can take alcohol better than me. Only had three drinks and I was chundering in the bushes (not for the first time this championships I should add). Shouldn't have had a mid session pie and mash. 

Just now, nudge said:

You must have been completely wasted? And yeah, I can imagine it's a bit scary! 

I personally always loved a drink, but never liked getting drunk, if that makes any sense, haha. You could even say I'm a responsible drunk 😂

Yeah, I guess I was wasted but it won't happen again. 

That's me and heavy nights out done, I've even told my mates I doubt I will be making a big thing of the semi or the potential final it's really shocked me that much. 

Would probably say around 25 onwards I stopped drinking heavyish.

I'm too impulsive and one or two can easily turn into a proper sesh with two drinks in my hands at all times, also always forget to eat when this happens and lose the ability to drink slowly.

Don't drink much anymore, last proper sesh was at my uncle's funeral recently which ended up in a house party at some matey's gaff at 3am.

• Subscriber

It's got to be in my army days in camp, Dortmund, Germany 1973, had a good session of drinking in the camp NAAFI, got pissed as a newt and was staggering back to our billets with my mate each with a German currywurst mit pommes, it was pissing down with rain.

We got to our battery square parade ground and stood beside our battery flagpole which was around 24 ft. in height and my mate bet me 50 Deutschmark that I could not climb up to the top and wave to him so I gave him my currywurst and climbed up to the top and looked down at him, waved and shouted "YOU OWE 50 FUCKING DEUTSCHMARK..."

Well, a flagpole tapers off at the top and because my body weight was making it bend I ended up twisting around holding onto it and the bloody thing snapped and I ended up falling onto the concrete parade ground, I ended up in hospital for 6 months and I suffered a fractured skull, broke my jaw in 3 places, broke my ankle and wrist and burst the blood vessels in my eyes, I thus got the nickname when I ended up back in camp as Captain Flagpole.

The only good thing that came out of that escapade was I met the wife in the army hospital in Hemer near the Ruhr River, started courting her and 6 months later married her in Edinburgh, Scotland and it's 47 years coming up married and she still laughs how I fell off a fucking flagpole.

4 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

It's got to be in my army days in camp, Dortmund, Germany 1973, had a good session of drinking in the camp NAAFI, got pissed as a newt and was staggering back to our billets with my mate each with a German currywurst mit pommes, it was pissing down with rain.

We got to our battery square parade ground and stood beside our battery flagpole which was around 24 ft. in height and my mate bet me 50 Deutschmark that I could not climb up to the top and wave to him so I gave him my currywurst and climbed up to the top and looked down at him, waved and shouted "YOU OWE 50 FUCKING DEUTSCHMARK..."

Well, a flagpole tapers off at the top and because my body weight was making it bend I ended up twisting around holding onto it and the bloody thing snapped and I ended up falling onto the concrete parade ground, I ended up in hospital for 6 months and I suffered a fractured skull, broke my jaw in 3 places, broke my ankle and wrist and burst the blood vessels in my eyes, I thus got the nickname when I ended up back in camp as Captain Flagpole.

The only good thing that came out of that escapade was I met the wife in the army hospital in Hemer near the Ruhr River, started courting her and 6 months later married her in Edinburgh, Scotland and it's 47 years coming up married and she still laughs how I fell off a fucking flagpole.

I'm sat here with a lump on my head moaning about it and you nearly lost you life!!

That story is insane. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Did you get the 50?

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Did you get the 50?

Fucking right I did, he travelled all the way from Dortmund to Hemer by train and he gave me the 50, plus a box of chocolate but I could not eat the bloody chocolates as I had my jaws wired together and I lost 3 of my front teeth and only had a gap in between for sucking condensed food through a straw and the chocolates would or could not be sucked up by the straw, I ended up giving them to my now wife I was courting.  :x

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

Fucking right I did, he travelled all the way from Dortmund to Hemer by train and he gave me the 50, plus a box of chocolate but I could not eat the bloody chocolates as I had my jaws wired together and I lost 3 of my front teeth and only had a gap in between for sucking condensed food through a straw and the chocolates would or could not be sucked up by the straw, I ended up giving them to my now wife I was courting.  :x

Makes notes. Don't let John see the pole they have next door at the school while drinking with him. Also, if you plan on paying him for a dare make sure its not done under the influence (as hard as that might be).

• Subscriber
Just now, Mel81x said:

Makes notes. Don't let John see the pole they have next door at the school while drinking with him. Also, if you plan on paying him for a dare make sure its not done under the influence (as hard as that might be).

Too old for that shit nowadays buddy, I was 2 days in extensive care before I was shifted to Hemer Hospital when that happened, our Battery Sgt Major wanted to charge me with inflicting grievous bodily harm to myself and breaking his fucking flagpole but the 2 Staff Sgt Quartermasters convinced him that I had suffered enough without being charged and fixed his flagpole for him. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

Too old for that shit nowadays buddy, I was 2 days in extensive care before I was shifted to Hemer Hospital when that happened, our Battery Sgt Major wanted to charge me with inflicting grievous bodily harm to myself and breaking his fucking flagpole but the 2 Staff Sgt Quartermasters convinced him that I had suffered enough without being charged and fixed his flagpole for him. 

Think of the silver lining. You met your wife, got paid the 50 and everything worked out for the better in the end. Except for your 2 Staff Sgt Quatermaster. I don't think he particularly enjoyed fixing the Sgt. Major's flagpole. 

• Administrator
3 hours ago, MUFC said:

For those who drink. At what age was your recovery from binges starting to decline?

Literally in the past couple of years.

Not drinking a lot through COVID has probably sped up the decline

Since we've been allowed to go out more and enjoy ourselves a bit more, the mornings after the nights out are like I've been hit by a truck. 

I'm now severely worried for my stag do in a few weeks xD 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Since we've been allowed to go out more and enjoy ourselves a bit more, the mornings after the nights out are like I've been hit by a truck. 

I'm now severely worried for my stag do in a few weeks xD 

:4_joy:

6 hours ago, Devil said:

I'm actually quite happy that I never got THAT drunk. xD

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I'm actually quite happy that I never got THAT drunk. xD

It's defo the last time, weird thing is my mate who was in the same taxi says I was fine up until he dropped me at the end of my road. He said he noticed me stumble a little but nothing that bad. It was raining and part of my drive can be slippy so I think I've lost my footing and banged the side of my head. 

The wife thinks I've actually got concussion and that's why my hangover was so bad. 

I've fallen a sleep couple of times on the street. Once got woken up by a guy who i think may have been homeless. I had my debit or phone(I cant remember which) infront of me. Anyone could have stolen it. 

I once drunk about 9 shots in one go. I cant remember exactly what happened but I was told I thought a bouncer was hitting my mate so I tried to hit him. He restrained me and called the police and they took me home. There was a riot or something that night so they were busy if  not I might have got arrested.

Also had a fight with my ex girlfriends brother once.

It sounds like in a trouble maker but that is over the space of 20 years so it's not to bad.

Also fell once from about two feet because I was dancing and sprained both ankles. That was in 2015 and they are still bad.

A bit of topic but this chef I knew told me she went  to work after a night out and she had taken that drug that makes you hallucinate and hadn't recovered.  She said cabbages were walking around the room 🤣

• Subscriber

Had a good hockey buddy that used to work at a pub/strip club about a block and a half from my old place. I had just bought the place so I would have been about mid twenties at the time. Well we carpooled for awhile from hockey and maybe once a month or so hed bring up the old "ah lets stop for 1 drink" well hes a half raging alcoholic and Polish to boot so there was never just 1 drink but its stumbling distance to my place. One night I actually dont remember much but he had a buddy drive me to my place cus I wouldnt have made it home and the guy actually took me up the stairs through the front door (was a condo) so we made it to the elevator before the spins hit... threw up in my mouthe as we hit the top floor... as soon as the elevator doors open I couldnt hold it in and proceeded to projectile vommit all over the walls and floor. He still kept limping me along and got me into bed and put a bucket beside me and a towel and some water before he took off. I had a solid two day hang over and didnt really remember much of what happend that night, my buddy told me we ended up in the parking lot with a bottle of Jack Daniels at some point... that probably ended it all there. The funniest part to me is his buddy that nearly tucked me into bed I had never met before and I actually dont remember what he looked like at all.. what a guy though xD

The next morning I had a voicemail on my phone from the developer of my building (the place wasnt sold out yet so he was still acting "strata" more or less) and he had cameras up and figured out pretty quickly who destroyed the hallway. I had to call him back the next day as I couldnt function still but basically I ended up covering the cleaning bill of about 200$, in exchange he didnt tell anyone who did it... I figured it was a fair deal.

Archived