talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

6 hours ago, Toinho said:

It's mad the state of origin has been played in Melbourne a few times. 

Victoria loves their sport, or their major events at least... Sydney on the other hand is a bit of a joke. 

Sydneys stadium locations are a joke, in Melbourne it's all central and linked by train and tram. In Sydney you have to get a train to the Olympic stadium from Central Station and even then it's  a specially designated train because on the way back you have to swap lines at some random station. The cricket ground/Allianz Stadium doesn't even have public transport to it other than a bus.

6 hours ago, Toinho said:

Please tell me you went to Rottnest Island...

No 😩 Couldn't afford it mate unfortunately, had to bring NZ forward by a week

1 minute ago, Stan said:

all I can say today is thank fuck for Lucozade.

Hanging out my ass so much. 

Ever since they changed the recipe in Lucozade, it tastes like bleach and nothing like it used to. I used to love the stuff bout have stopped buying it.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Ever since they changed the recipe in Lucozade, it tastes like bleach and nothing like it used to. I used to love the stuff bout have stopped buying it.

i've never had bleach so can't compare. 

On 02/03/2018 at 00:34, Danny said:

Sydneys stadium locations are a joke, in Melbourne it's all central and linked by train and tram. In Sydney you have to get a train to the Olympic stadium from Central Station and even then it's  a specially designated train because on the way back you have to swap lines at some random station. The cricket ground/Allianz Stadium doesn't even have public transport to it other than a bus.

No 😩 Couldn't afford it mate unfortunately, had to bring NZ forward by a week

I should've just paid! 

Been spending a lot lately on alcohol and food. Even with mates buying me drinks all night for my bday I spent $90 somehow?! 

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

You do get some hilarious meltdowns over completely innocuous things on mumsnet. It's like a menopausal ArsenalFanTV. There's a brilliant Twitter account called Mumsnet Madness that highlights some of them, although they seem to have stopped posting recently.

https://twitter.com/mumsnet_madness

Worth a look if you've got time to kill

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

That's good news in a way as I was a sucker for buying bottles of that for work(and it's not exactly great for you), but now I won't go near it. It tastes wank now.

2 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

You do get some hilarious meltdowns over completely innocuous things on mumsnet. It's like a menopausal ArsenalFanTV. There's a brilliant Twitter account called Mumsnet Madness that highlights some of them, although they seem to have stopped posting recently.

https://twitter.com/mumsnet_madness

Worth a look if you've got time to kill

That is ridiculous to be honest but nothing to do with this particular case mate.  The Lucozade issue is one that affects generations before it...  I drank Lucozade as a kid and remember the glass bottles with the foil top and orange/yellow transparent paper the bottle was wrapped in.

Aside from nostalgia, the taste is 100% different and then you have the reasons behind their recipe change which are connected to the tax on sugar which is indirectly related to governments apparently wanting to offer consumers healthier stuff.  But healthier isn't the reason as to why the makers of Lucozade changed their recipe and where it's totally connected to the former.

14 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That is ridiculous to be honest but nothing to do with this particular case mate.  The Lucozade issue is one that affects generations before it...  I drank Lucozade as a kid and remember the glass bottles with the foil top and orange/yellow transparent paper the bottle was wrapped in.

Aside from nostalgia, the taste is 100% different and then you have the reasons behind their recipe change which are connected to the tax on sugar which is indirectly related to governments apparently wanting to offer consumers healthier stuff.  But healthier isn't the reason as to why the makers of Lucozade changed their recipe and where it's totally connected to the former.

It's a fizzy drink, mate. I agree it's a bit shit that they've changed the recipe, especially as most of the appeal of Lucozade was down to the amount of glucose in it, but... come on. There are better things to be angry about.

5 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

It's a fizzy drink, mate. I agree it's a bit shit that they've changed the recipe, especially as most of the appeal of Lucozade was down to the amount of glucose in it, but... come on. There are better things to be angry about.

Hahaha... Mate, I'm obviously not going around life angry about the situation revolving Lucozade.  It's just that the subject cropped up and I demonstrated my feelings toward the change.  There is a plus side to the sentiments though which revolves capitalism to be honest!  I bet they never expected people to just stop buying it and for their sales to plummet.  

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

I've not had a fizzy drink for ages. Not because I've decided to cut them out or anything but because there's much better out there. Liptons Iced Tea is a personal favourite, good old water is lovely too. 

The only fizzy drink that I'll touch is Monster Energy and I've not had a can of that in a good while.

I used to love Monster Ripper (the yellow one) which was pineapple flavoured, but they've gradually reduced the fruit juice content from 50% to 20% and it now just tastes like a sweeter version of the original.

Obviously this is completely outrageous and we must take to the streets immediately :ph34r:

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Danny said:

Anyone ever had an interview and also needed to shit? Honestly so close to shitting myself whilst explaining what I could improve on haha

Fight or flight moment.

Hope you shat yourself and didn't get the job mate. 

On 3/4/2018 at 08:59, SirBalon said:

Lucozade saved my life when I was 17. I was very ill, losing weight, I dropped nearly 15kg in two weeks, I couldn't eat as my body rejected everything. I would instantly vomit anything that I tried to eat, but I could stomach Lucozade. If not for Lucozade I imagine I would have been hospitalised from dehydration.

Just now, Spike said:

Lucozade saved my life when I was 17. I was very ill, losing weight, I dropped nearly 15kg in two weeks, I couldn't eat as my body rejected everything. I would instantly vomit anything that I tried to eat, but I could stomach Lucozade. If not for Lucozade I imagine I would have been hospitalised from dehydration.

I believe that mate and I can relate back to the late 1970s and early 1980s where the typical drink seen at a hospital bedside was Lucozade. There are reasons for this and aside from that it tasted amazing unlike any other drink in my view.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I believe that mate and I can relate back to the late 1970s and early 1980s where the typical drink seen at a hospital bedside was Lucozade. There are reasons for this and aside from that it tasted amazing unlike any other drink in my view.

I couldn't tell you that I remember the taste. I just remember the effervescence.

31 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Really mate? 

My parents always use to give it to me if I was ill as a kid, maybe there's some connection there. How was Lucozade viewed back then?

Edited by carefreeluke

It clearly says on the bottle not to be used to hydrate if you have the shits, doctors used to prescribe Guinness to people but that turned out to be a myth as well.

With that said I loved Lucozade, me dad used to buy a bottle of it during the week and it'd be treat. Get a glass or two to yourself and you were buzzing