talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Anyway, I woke up this morning, put Good morning Britain on(as you do) and the Prime Minister of Barbados was on there offering British people to go over there working and they would be given a stamp which allows them to stay for a year. Does anyone know anything else about this? My eyes genuinely lit up when I heard her saying it. I did a bit of google searching and apparently she was referring to people working from home(i.e office) workers, going over there for months a time and doing their work from over there. But is there work going over there also? I'd definitely be up for that at the end of this year. If you earned enough to get by over there and had money in the bank already(which I do), you can treat yourself from time to time as well.

Not to mention you're closer to countries such as Colombia, Mexico, Jamaica, Costa Rica, Brazil, etc :x. Great excuse to explore some countries while you were out there if you have savings. Obviously you'd have to hold the travel off to other countries right now and stay in Barbados, but if this opportunity is still around later in the year/start of next year and boarders start opening up by then, you can go out there working for 6 months to a year and while out there, go on trips to a few other countries when you have time off from the work you're doing. Fucking sounds tempting if the opportunity is there.

That Welcome Stamp is only for remote workers ("digital nomads", although I hate this term), Chris. Not sure what the local job market offers and what are the requirements in terms of work permits, etc. 

I already looked into it too once I heard about it xD But the rent and overall cost of living seem to be a bit too expensive for my liking.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, it's irritating and also pretentious af.

53 minutes ago, nudge said:

("digital nomads", although I hate this term)

For that to be annoying to you means someone somewhere has referred to you as a Digital Nomad at some point I can assume.. xD

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

For that to be annoying to you means someone somewhere has referred to you as a Digital Nomad at some point I can assume.. xD

xD no, thankfully not... Just met too many pretentious hipsters who built their entire personalities around the fact that they work remotely and use it as a way to make a mundane set of activities seem enticing in order to boast about how cool they and their lifestyles are, so it carries negative connotations for me xD 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, nudge said:

That Welcome Stamp is only for remote workers ("digital nomads", although I hate this term), Chris. Not sure what the local job market offers and what are the requirements in terms of work permits, etc. 

I already looked into it too once I heard about it xD But the rent and overall cost of living seem to be a bit too expensive for my liking.

Ahh so they basically just want people to go over there and spend money then, which makes sense due to the recent crisis.

Yeah it is actually quite expensive there as I've just been looking now. It wouldn't balance itself out well enough to be worth it.

I knew you'd have looked into it also xD.

• Haha 1

So I had my theory test booked for the day prior to the lock down being announced in the UK. It got cancelled, and I've just gone in to book it again. I can't get one until the last week of August should I not want to travel into the centre of Birmingham or perhaps further afield. Makes me regret taking this driving malarkey so slowly.

Edited by Deco

2 hours ago, Spike said:

I find the term 'digital nomad' to be quite amusing and quite a good summisation of how people can work from anywhere with an internet connection.

Do you find Digital Slut showing bobs & vagana from anywhere with an internet connection to be amusing aa well ?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Azeem said:

Do you find Digital Slut showing bobs & vagana from anywhere with an internet connection to be amusing aa well ?

Yes, I also like digital cunt, which is common on football forums

• Subscriber

Barbers opened back up today, I thought I would be smart and as they were opening back up at 08.00 and get down there early to avoid any queues...wrong...there were about 15 guys lining up waiting outside the door and the same as the other 2 local barbers, bloody ended up waiting for around 45 minutes to get a haircut.

What pissed me off was there were a lot of us long hair gits just wanting the hippie look chopped off but there were some that wanted to get their hair styled...FUCK OFF...I am happy now, had to laugh as I asked the lady would she trim my tash, please and she said they weren't allowed to trim tashes because it was against the Corona rules as hairs could drop into your mouth and cause a virus, FFS, ended up trimming it myself when I got home and was going to put black duct tape over my mouth in case I caught a virus. xD

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Toinho said:

You lot have renamed the off topic section Haha. Looks silly. Probably a joke I don’t get though! 

I know.

It's in honour of @Bluewolf and all he posts these days. 

Don't worry, it's only temporary. Panic over!

On 14/07/2020 at 18:09, Carnivore Chris said:

Lancaster mate, trust me. Well, that's if they have the courses you're looking for.

Ask @RandoEFC

Great Uni and it's always expanding, there are new buildings all the time being built. Not to mention, it's actually a nice town(well a small city) to live in. You aren't exactly far from Liverpool or Manchester for days out and such either, nor are you far from the lake district if you travel in the other direction.

Anyway, I woke up this morning, put Good morning Britain on(as you do) and the Prime Minister of Barbados was on there offering British people to go over there working and they would be given a stamp which allows them to stay for a year. Does anyone know anything else about this? My eyes genuinely lit up when I heard her saying it. I did a bit of google searching and apparently she was referring to people working from home(i.e office) workers, going over there for months a time and doing their work from over there. But is there work going over there also? I'd definitely be up for that at the end of this year. If you earned enough to get by over there and had money in the bank already(which I do), you can treat yourself from time to time as well.

Not to mention you're closer to countries such as Colombia, Mexico, Jamaica, Costa Rica, Brazil, etc :x. Great excuse to explore some countries while you were out there if you have savings. Obviously you'd have to hold the travel off to other countries right now and stay in Barbados, but if this opportunity is still around later in the year/start of next year and boarders start opening up by then, you can go out there working for 6 months to a year and while out there, go on trips to a few other countries when you have time off from the work you're doing. Fucking sounds tempting if the opportunity is there. But it all depends on what she really was referring to and whether there is actually plenty of work out there, etc.

I might be going to Manchester at this rate 😂