talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Call me a humbug but if I had the choice of being in London while the fireworks go off or sitting at home I know where I would rather be. In fact, I'd rather by lying down in a Burns unit than listening to the shite that was being pumped out over the Thames. The broadcast is something that we watch every year as my family like seeing the fireworks but I think it's shite, a few fireworks from the locals going off around the houses is great but I'm not into that London stuff.

London is sexy mate! ;)

Finally feeling better after drinking way too much last night. Played Catan with some guys which was nice, but last night was mostly a blurrrrrr.

Nice to that the college football playoffs are finally starting. My alma mater, Alabama, starts in 3 hours so it's party time!

Just now, Stan said:

Congratulations mate!

Cheers - It's a big move, and going to really have to take a slight step back, to move way forward. I've reached my max at this current employer, and the new gig will have a lot more upside.

On the subject of moving onto larger and better things, I do desire to complete a tertiary education but the environment in the USA is quite negative. Expensive fees, usury loans, and the lowering value of a Bachelor degree has created a very unattractive position for those wanting to learn. The USA has a bizarre education culture plagued by 'Greek culture', old boys, political and cultural unrest, and sporting excellence; making education seem like an afterthought.

5 minutes ago, Rab said:

Just discovered a little girl who walks her dogs by our house everyday got kidnapped yesterday and was dropped back off today near where she was kidnapped.

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/15804580.Missing_East_Kilbride_teen_returns_home_safe/

What the hell! O.o

That the gods she’s ok but where’s the rest of the info. Do the police know who did it?

5 hours ago, Rab said:

Just discovered a little girl who walks her dogs by our house everyday got kidnapped yesterday and was dropped back off today near where she was kidnapped.

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/15804580.Missing_East_Kilbride_teen_returns_home_safe/

What on earth? Did she dip out for a cheeky pint and her best excuse was 'uhhhh, I was kidnapped'?

• Subscriber

An eventful few days for me. Firstly on NYE got with one of my best friends which was pretty awkward. Then yesterday we had to put my dog down at the ripe age of 15 which was awful, then today moved back out of the parents pad and in with three of my mates from school closer to work.

Shattered now.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

An eventful few days for me. Firstly on NYE got with one of my best friends which was pretty awkward. Then yesterday we had to put my dog down at the ripe age of 15 which was awful, then today moved back out of the parents pad and in with three of my mates from school closer to work.

Shattered now.

was he expecting it?

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Shattered now.

Sorry to hear about your dog mate, We lost our 3 year old last July. She just collapsed one afternoon in front of my Daughter and Grand Daughter at home.. That was a fairly bad experience for everyone.. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Sorry to hear about your dog mate, We lost our 3 year old last July. She just collapsed one afternoon in front of my Daughter and Grand Daughter at home.. That was a fairly bad experience for everyone.. 

After 3 years that's horrible. At least with ours we know she had a good (great) life at 15 years especially after falling off a thirty foot cliff two years ago and still living a reasonably happy life for 2 more years.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

After 3 years that's horrible. At least with ours we know she had a good (great) life at 15 years especially after falling off a thirty foot cliff two years ago and still living a reasonably happy life for 2 more years.

That was the shame of it... She had been unwell for a few weeks and after we took her in they said she had some form of cancer that was fairly advanced and gave her 3-6 months... she lasted 3 before going. I have had 3 Alsations and a Border Collie put down in my lifetime that all lived a good age but never seen anything like that... Just got a phone call at work from my daughter crying her eyes out and was home in 5 minutes but couldn't do anything to save the situation. When we found out that she was unwell my daughter wanted to have her put down so she could go with some dignity but the vet said she was still had a lot of fight in her and didn't want to do it too early.. Then suddenly that was it.. 

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Anton said:

Got back from Thailand, Monday. Moved house Tuesday. Cleaned old house Wednesday. Pre wedding banter Thursday. Wedding (and a speech uhh) yesterday. Recovery today. Japan tomorrow. Fuck I'm mad (and quite ill).

Different twist on Craig David's 7 Days song!