talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

11 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

An eventful few days for me. Firstly on NYE got with one of my best friends which was pretty awkward. Then yesterday we had to put my dog down at the ripe age of 15 which was awful, then today moved back out of the parents pad and in with three of my mates from school closer to work.

Shattered now.

All I've done is clean up a little bit since the turn of the year  (been on leave this week). xD

Sorry to hear about your dog (same with @Bluewolf which must have been heartbreaking at that young an age) Mine was put down in the middle of last year at 16 and a half after having her as a puppy. A variety of issues such as a knackered back leg (she basically couldn't get up on her own and when helped up, would spin around on the spot before landing hard on the floor), a swollen front leg and when checked by the vet, there were signs of internal blood and possible traces of cancer. Given all that and her age as well, there was no other choice.

2 hours ago, Tanksie said:

It's 6.30 am her in Australia. I have work in half an hour. A bird I work with called me at 4.30, I went round hers, snorted a line and shagged her rotten. It's been a fucking interesting day already.

Look at what can be achieved before breakfast!!!

Being a Magic the Gathering's player and shagging a girl who offers you free coke no strings attached, i tip my hat to you Daniel. :ay:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Anton said:

Can't put my finger on Tanksie. Massive Aussie hating nerd who does drugs and gets the occasional bang? Doesn't add up. 

I am a social chameleon mate. 4.30 - 6.30 In an oak flats appartment slipping a lass my limb and sampling some of blakes finest partypowder. 7-1.30 Working as a constructive member of society. (while trying really hard not to talk too much or give away my game) 2-6 chillin at home, trying to nap and watch cricket 6-8 out with a bunch of my whitest most upper middle class friends walking the dogs at the beach. 9pm on tff.

There are many facets to my game. Get on my level.

Edited by Tanksie
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Anton said:

Can't put my finger on Tanksie. Massive Aussie hating nerd who does drugs and gets the occasional bang? Doesn't add up. 

He can't escape it but that makes him more annoyingly Australian. Fucking silly prick, doesn't even realise what he is xD

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Been thinking a lot lately...maybe it's to emigrate back to Australia. It's a big decision that I'm not entirely sold on yet, there is a lot work needed to fulfill such an ambition, it isn't as simple as backing suitcase and flying. Since it's been so long since I've lived back there; there are a few questions I need answered by our Aussie members that actually live back on the homeland. @Tanksie @Harry Sorry Anton, you don't count because you're from Perth and you spend too much time abroad :ph34r:.

What is the current tax climate like? I keep reading about worrisome 'nanny state' ideals like taxing grog through the roof so Australians drink less. I hate that and it's an insult to me and every adult living in Oz. 
Housing? Is it still as shithouse as it was ~5 years ago? Nowhere to live and every house/flat costs an arm and leg?
Jobs? Is anything viable outside of Brisbane, Melbourne,  and Sydney? I'm not against living in those towns but it limits options and raises prices.

44 minutes ago, Spike said:

Been thinking a lot lately...maybe it's to emigrate back to Australia. It's a big decision that I'm not entirely sold on yet, there is a lot work needed to fulfill such an ambition, it isn't as simple as backing suitcase and flying. Since it's been so long since I've lived back there; there are a few questions I need answered by our Aussie members that actually live back on the homeland. @Tanksie @Harry Sorry Anton, you don't count because you're from Perth and you spend too much time abroad :ph34r:.

What is the current tax climate like? I keep reading about worrisome 'nanny state' ideals like taxing grog through the roof so Australians drink less. I hate that and it's an insult to me and every adult living in Oz. 
Housing? Is it still as shithouse as it was ~5 years ago? Nowhere to live and every house/flat costs an arm and leg?
Jobs? Is anything viable outside of Brisbane, Melbourne,  and Sydney? I'm not against living in those towns but it limits options and raises prices.

I live in Wollongong, and here's the deal.

Tax. Its pretty shit. grog, smokes and bottles are all taxed through the roof. If you don't drink a heap it's not noticable though. Regular goods are fine. Income tax is fine, unless you are right at the bottom of the second bracket (ie earning $1800 -$ 2200 a fortnight) where it's a touch rough. Buying at the bottle shop is fucking HUGE for savings. Even as a member of a club you're paying $4-6 for a beer.

Housing. It's starting to turn. A service is only worth what people are willing to play and people have stopped buying. The tide is turning, and there are plenty of places to rent. Also, A house listed at $400 000 can be picked up for $370 000 due to no intrest rather than the craziness that was 2012-16 The "I'll take it off the market if you pay $450 000" days. Also it's FAR worse in the big cities than it is in the regional areas, and housing is easy peasy in the rural areas.

Jobs. If you have a skill you have a job. If you are unskilled you're in trouble. I can only really speak for Wollongong and the couth coast but that's the case here.

1 minute ago, Tanksie said:

I live in Wollongong, and here's the deal.

Tax. Its pretty shit. grog, smokes and bottles are all taxed through the roof. If you don't drink a heap it's not noticable though. Regular goods are fine. Income tax is fine, unless you are right at the bottom of the second bracket (ie earning $1800 -$ 2200 a fortnight) where it's a touch rough. Buying at the bottle shop is fucking HUGE for savings. Even as a member of a club you're paying $4-6 for a beer.

Housing. It's starting to turn. A service is only worth what people are willing to play and people have stopped buying. The tide is turning, and there are plenty of places to rent. Also, A house listed at $400 000 can be picked up for $370 000 due to no intrest rather than the craziness that was 2012-16 The "I'll take it off the market if you pay $450 000" days. Also it's FAR worse in the big cities than it is in the regional areas, and housing is easy peasy in the rural areas.

Jobs. If you have a skill you have a job. If you are unskilled you're in trouble. I can only really speak for Wollongong and the couth coast but that's the case here.

That is the one thing you have to give to the Yanks, the hate taxes and they fucking hate the gubment telling them what to do. That is probably the only reason I can go to the grocery store and buy 750ml of decent vodka for $15.

Dunno if I could handle living the rural life again. Don't think the missus could cop it either, a place like Wollongong would be fine but moving from Chicago (half the population of Australia) to bloody Wagga Wagga just ain't on.

That leaves me up a shit creek without a paddle. Maybe I'd do TAFE or Uni again even though I hate it, the missus is fine though; a BA and job experience. It's a bit fucked though, two of my best mates (certified linesman, software engineer) are doing postie runs out bush.

24 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

You're a Barista right? You'd find a job. But your pay would be wank.

Yeah, I have all those skills (as if it's hard), could probably do bar tending as well but as the case in Sydney the gubment are trying to rape those industries to death. 

No tips either. Tips can turn a shite day into a bloody payday.

On 08/01/2018 at 9:54 AM, Spike said:

If you’re asking about the tax climate you should stay in the US and vote republican! ¬¬

Seriously, I’ve never paid much attention to tax rates I’d assume its reasonable compared to other countries. Its less flat than the US so the more you earn the higher you’re income tax. Cigarettes are the most heavily taxed item but I don’t smoke. Scotch and coke type can drinks are also pretty exorbitant bu the rest of it is ok.

Tanksie is right about property. We’re just coming into a buyers market. Prices have dropped maybe 5% in the past 6 months, and government changes to overseas buyers, increased interest rates to investors compared with owner occupiers, and moving towards a more transparent price advertisement process with the Statement of Information documents on very property ad have definitely tipped the scales towards the buyers. That said, prices are higher than they were 5 years ago, so it would still have been better to buy a few years back than to do so now.

I’d say wait a couple more years to buy. If prices aren’t rising then no point paying 5% interest on a property that int rising in value. Keep saving more and buy a bit further towards the bottom of the market.

Plenty of rental options available especially if you like inner city apartments in the major cities. There has been a huge boom of foreign investor driven apartment complexes where a lot of properties sit empty. They are talking about huge oversupply in that part of the market.

Jobs it depends what you do. If you’re a barista I’d say its a good time to live in Australia. Gourmet eatery type places have taken off enormously in the past 5 years. Maccas and KFC type places revenue has actually declined in this period where people are moving towaards more posh type coffee shops with fancy food served on chopping boards instead of plates. Good coffee is at the centre of that revolution so los of opportunities for work, or even business opportunities if you find the right strip of shops that is lacking in decent coffee and have the capital to try something like that. This is the case not just in major cities. People expect to be able to find this type of ship in even small little towns.

On 08/01/2018 at 0:31 AM, Tanksie said:

You're a Barista right? You'd find a job. But your pay would be wank.

That would earn you money in Aus I bet. Probably even labouring on brickies would to be fair, or any kind of site work in general.

Is health and safety not as over the top in Australia? Over here it would be "Where's your hard hat?", "Where's your high vis?" Fuck off.

I feel like I'm going to have a heart-attack from the anxiety. The Mrs. wants a kid, or at least she thinks she does, I think it's more that she doesn't want to wait much longer because her health won't set up the easier pregnancy. I'm only 24 and I'm not sure I can cut it right now. I think I'd feel different if we owned a house, I had a good job and so did she. 

2 hours ago, Spike said:

I feel like I'm going to have a heart-attack from the anxiety. The Mrs. wants a kid, or at least she thinks she does, I think it's more that she doesn't want to wait much longer because her health won't set up the easier pregnancy. I'm only 24 and I'm not sure I can cut it right now. I think I'd feel different if we owned a house, I had a good job and so did she. 

Don't let yourself get pressured into something you don't feel comfortable with. A kid is a huge responsibility, and you ought to make sure that everything is sorted out and in place before you make such a decision.