talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Generic Watford Sack Another Manager Thread

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

They're 14th in the league. Hard to tell what they expect.

Yeah I agree but this is Watford. They generally pull the trigger early don't they? And it's not worked too bad for them. I'd question getting rid right now though when this is the start the new man will be coming into

Screenshot_20211003-105605.png

Watford, West Brom and Norwich neck and neck in the pointless, tinpot, weird shite club awards. 

I absolutely hate Watford, it's ridiculous how you've got proper clubs like Wigan, Charlton and Blackpool going through issues and these daft cunts haven't managed to go pop. Would absolutely love them to go bust, sacking managers left right and centre as AFC Watford United in the 18th tier.

14 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah I agree but this is Watford. They generally pull the trigger early don't they? And it's not worked too bad for them. I'd question getting rid right now though when this is the start the new man will be coming into

Screenshot_20211003-105605.png

With that fixture run I might put money on whoever is in charge to be the next PL manager to get sacked.

6 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Watford, West Brom and Norwich neck and neck in the pointless, tinpot, weird shite club awards. 

I absolutely hate Watford, it's ridiculous how you've got proper clubs like Wigan, Charlton and Blackpool going through issues and these daft cunts haven't managed to go pop. Would absolutely love them to go bust, sacking managers left right and centre as AFC Watford United in the 18th tier.

I'd forgotten about the Marco Silva derby

I don't know, with the wording of it, whether he has lost the players in which case, you could understand it but yeah, the club is going to wind up a victim of its own trigger happy nature. Who's actually going to want to go there that can really keep them up? They knew that they'll be gone, probably within a few games, if it doesn't go well. They're one of those clubs where you really think they do have to limit clubs to one sacking a season - unless it's gross misconduct, obviously.

In their next eight games, I would say they only really have a chance in the Southampton game with how they're playing. The new guy could be gone by the end of that even if they get him in immediately.

56 minutes ago, Devil said:

Ranieri rumoured to be taking the position.

I like Ranieri but he's maybe the only manager that's had more sackings than Watford have handed out.

That's destined for disaster.

Ah, second Premier League job where nice guy Claudio has been speaking to owners about replacing a manager that's still employed by the club then 🐍.

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I'd forgotten about the Marco Silva derby

Probably the most cringe nights in football that. Imagine coming up from London with inflatable snakes for a manager that you sacked yourself. 

Proper backward.

Honestly, no one here would have seen our game yesterday bar myself but I do not over embellish when I say we should have won by 4 or 5. They were never in it, our finishing kept them alive but they never mustered a shot on target.

What is also worrying is Ben Foster's interview after the game. He said they knew what they had to do against a team like us, and after the first few minutes, no one was doing it.

That tells you Xisco told the team the instructions and the the players ignored the gameplan. If they don't believe in his methods or he's lost their respect, I think that's what the statement means by "recent performances strongly indicate a negative trend at a time when team cohesion should be visibly improving"

He's lost the players hasn't he. At least they aren't accepting their fate like Norwich. They are attempting to fix the problem early even if it does appear pretty savage.

• The title was changed to Watford Sack Xisco Muñoz: Ranieri to be Hired
  • The title was changed to Generic Watford Sack Another Manager Thread

Archived