talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dele Alli at Everton

1 hour ago, RondónEFC said:

Just found the first trickles from the reliable guys on Everton Twitter suggesting £10m is the correct one. Paul Joyce also reporting fee dependent on appearances.

I think that's a decent deal for us. We've not been a club where players like Dele Alli have come and rejuvenated their careers since Moyes left to be honest. Schneiderlin, Iwobi, Delph off the top of my head have been dreadful coming from top six clubs. It's on the manager to see if he can get him firing again.

Rondon>Sky News.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Good deal for all parties involved.

Everton get a decent player in despite their finances being a bit fucked. He'll probably trigger that first clause, which gives Spurs some fairly quick cash injection for next summer. And chances are he'll play a lot for them and they'll get more money out of it.

And if they don't, it means the players haven't done well. Because out of their current squad, on paper, he should be getting a lot of opportunities.

I think Deli Alli's incredible on his day, he's just not had too many "on his days" lately. A change of scenery is probably needed and at Everton I think he'll be an important player that gets lots of chances to show if he's still got it or not.

I think Everton need a bit more of a defensive minded midfielder and a reliable CB they can count on to marshall their defense... but I think this is a decent signing.

Yeah. I just hope Lampard doesn’t try and play him as a central midfielder. He will be awful there. He’s a second striker. If you want to get the best out of him you have to play him off Calvert Lewin - let him use his best skills which are his movement and instinctive finishing 

26 minutes ago, Danny said:

Really weird what’s happened to him, he was genuinely the best young midfielder in the world. He’s not suffered any injuries, physically must still have it. Just needs to unlock the motivation again. Easier said than done.

Not the sole reason but I do feel it was more than just coincidence that a great player like Mousa Dembele leaving affected the likes of Eriksen and Alli's role in the team, particularly the latter. Suddenly you can't always do what you are used to doing because the personnel elsewhere is missing.

And when you try to adapt and things don't quite work like before, there is a pressure and expectancy that builds for someone so hotly tipped. Once that confidence had dropped and form became stuttery, it was very hard to shake psychologically.

He should look at Jesse Lingard for inspiration, a guy heavily criticised by many of us for not helping himself but went to West Ham and really bought into it.

Dele needs to do that at Everton under Lampard because it's obviously in there somewhere.

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Not the sole reason but I do feel it was more than just coincidence that a great player like Mousa Dembele leaving affected the likes of Eriksen and Alli's role in the team, particularly the latter. Suddenly you can't always do what you are used to doing because the personnel elsewhere is missing.

And when you try to adapt and things don't quite work like before, there is a pressure and expectancy that builds for someone so hotly tipped. Once that confidence had dropped and form became stuttery, it was very hard to shake psychologically.

He should look at Jesse Lingard for inspiration, a guy heavily criticised by many of us but went to West Ham and really bought into it.

Dele needs to do that at Everton under Lampard because it's obviously in there somewhere.

I think you’re on the right track although would say the loss of Eriksen was the real challenge for Dele. Eriksen made everything tick for us - he found Alli in the box so often, and so when he was out of favour because he wanted to leave Alli suffered massively

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Curious to see how Everton lineup. @RondónEFC Any ideas?

Hoping to finally see a manager play a 433 as we've always had players best suited to that formation and too limited to play in a midfield two.

We still need a defensive midfielder to be honest. Allan, Delph and Davies can all sort of play in a number six role but they're not perfect and their strengths don't always lie in breaking up play. Delph and Davies are out long term anyway.

Perhaps he has visions of Doucoure being the one who breaks up play and releasing the ball to the likes of Van de Beek, Gomes, Alli and the wide players but it wastes Doucoure's ability to get from box to box. Still that loan inquiry for Idrissa Gueye in play yet as far as I'm aware.

Have to wait and see.

25 minutes ago, Lucas said:

He should look at Jesse Lingard for inspiration, a guy heavily criticised by many of us for not helping himself but went to West Ham and really bought into it.

That's a much more logical thought process than mine which was just equating the timing of that picture of him getting head coming out with his slide in form.

22 minutes ago, Storts said:

I think you’re on the right track although would say the loss of Eriksen was the real challenge for Dele. Eriksen made everything tick for us - he found Alli in the box so often, and so when he was out of favour because he wanted to leave Alli suffered massively

Yeah, that also makes sense too. Definitely was not the same either when it came to the last year of his contract and he knew he wanted to leave.

Wrong thread I guess but I am very surprised Conte didn't go there having had him at Inter, unless he was told for various reasons it was a no go by Levy.

I’m not a fan of this player at all, seems to me like his attitude stinks his always smirking and his lazy.

everything Mourinho said about him is true, bad trainer can’t be bothered attitude and generally not giving a toss about trying to help Spurs.

for me it’s a terrible signing for my Mersey side rivals, and where did Spurs get that figure from of sale also, he hasn’t done anything for 3-4 years sums up this players get too much money and power for me.

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'm surprised Liverpool fans aren't cheering. Everton have just been hauled over the coals for an absolute little rat cunt who likely won't improve the team.  

We haven't paid a fee and won't pay anything until he's played 12 times or something for us which, given that he's cup-tied, isn't even that likely to happen until next season. That £40m fee some clickbaity website or Twitter account has waved in front of you like a red rag isn't happening unless he turns out to be incredible. It's dependent on a bunch of performance-based clauses.

29 minutes ago, FavreM09 said:

following in the footsteps of the great theo walcott i see. washed up FC

Yep. Glad they exist for players like Fabian Delph, Alex Iwobi, Ashley Williams, Salomon Rondon, Asmir Begovic, Andros Townsend, Theo Walcott and Dele Alli. They've grafted for years, had some fun, often at times had some difficult injuries. Now they get to wind down with the safety net of that sweet Moshiri pay cheque for a couple of years before they decide whether they want to be competitive again.

• Subscriber

The last few posts of this thread are like Paul Merson had a love-child with TalkSport.

All I'll say is, if you come out and act like a know-it-all about someone else's football club, basing your opinions on selective or no evidence, like some of the Liverpool fans who claimed in the summer that Rafa Benitez was going to be the best Everton manager this century, and you turn out to be wrong, then I will bring it back up on a regular basis until someone else manages to be as catastrophically wrong as you about something else Everton-related.

With that in mind, I'd call it "bold" to be making some of these claims about a 25 year old player who has a track record of sustained, elite-ish levels of performance at a Champions League team, even if we haven't seen it recently.

Let the lad kick a ball at least before you compare him to Ashley Williams. Jeez.

Archived