talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton 0-1 Man City - Saturday 26th February, 2022

football forum

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Dan said:

I genuinely have no idea where peoples confidence that it isn't has come from. I've been laughed at many a time for saying it, but genuinely, what else can it be? They aren't that inept, surely?

The thing is that years of incompetence and inconsistency from the officials make it absolutely believable that they're just that bad. However, when you get an extreme example of a blatantly awful decision like this favouring the defending champions, they might as well get on their knees and beg to be called corrupt.

I'm not going to try and paint some unique conspiracy against Everton here. Like I said in the first place, if that happens in a 3pm kick off "nothing" fixture against Brighton or Watford or Crystal Palace then that gets given as a penalty a hundred times out of a hundred and I say that with absolute confidence.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

It evens out over a season. the year you won the title we was robbed of 12pts 

I know luck possibly evens itself out over a season but in this case its a blatant piece of a referee and VAR not giving a penalty because it could possibly cost Man City points. Shambolic decision.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

The FA can't have Liverpool winning the league again. 

Shit scared of the Manchester clubs. 

I don't agree with the first bit but why would they be scared of the Manc clubs? 

• The title was changed to Everton 0-1 Man City - Saturday 26th February, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned
  • Administrator

What is the fucking point if there's actually no change brought about? 

Riley and his team are just a joke. Everton won't give a shit about an apology. It literally means nothing. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

What is the fucking point if there's actually no change brought about? 

Riley and his team are just a joke. Everton won't give a shit about an apology. It literally means nothing. 

Said it once and I'll say it again, there is absolutely no negative impact to referees for poor refereeing decisions. If they implemented something like a three strike rule half or maybe all these refs would be in lower divisions doing the same BS they are in the top flight. But, they get to apologize to the team that was robbed and just move on like that doesn't affect Everton or whichever team they rob with their ineptness. Its them failing to do their job right and their excuse will always be using terms like "clear and obvious" while pushing ambiguity as the agenda when anyone with two eyes can see how "clear and obvious" a penalty is.

When you have ex officials like Twattenburg who go on record saying they purposely made the wrong call or prevented from making a correct call, that's when you know they can get away with anything. 

Archived