talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League Transfers

Swansea City buy Ukrainian centre forward Mykola Kukharevych from French club Troyes. Kukharevych joined the top tier Ligue 1 club Troyes in 2021, as a 20 year old. He was loaned out the same season by the Ligue 1 club to top tier Belgium club OH Leuven. However, for the 2022/23 season, Kukharevych was loaned out to Scottish Premier League club Hibernian. Although Kukharevych missed 12 league matches through injury for Hibernian, he managed to make 15 league appearances for Hibs and he scored 5 league goals for them as well. 

Having just turned 22 this July, he now finds himself at Swansea City, having transferred permanently from Troyes. After a relatively impressive year for Hibernian last season, joining Swansea City seems a wise move for the youngster, as he seeks to improve his development as a footballer. The Championship should be an ideal place to improve his game.

Kukharevych is one of many young Ukrainian forwards touted as having a very promising future. Except the other top highly rated young Ukrainian forwards like Viunnyk, Sikan, Vanat and Supryaha all ply their trade with either Shakhtar Donetsk or Dynamo Kyiv, the two elite clubs in Ukraine. Kukharevych instead, has only ever within Ukraine, played for modest Ukrainian clubs, until he left for Troyes two years ago. His success at Hibernian last season has earned him this move to Swansea City where he will seek to improve his reputation as a player even further. Kukharevych is a strong centre-forward, who is good in the air and has an eye for goal. He is also known for his work-rate. 

Swansea City manager Michael Duff had high praise for Kukharevych and so has Vincent Kompany in the past, saying that Kukharevych has all the attributes to become a top player. I think that it will be exciting to see how the youngster performs in the Championship this season.

Our 6th signing of the season. Josh Bowler signs on a season long loan from Forest.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66373017

It's interesting for us now as we seem to have a few options attack wise now with Robinson, Ramsey, Grant, Meite, Ojo (depending on if he stays or goes) and now Bowler, but we're still lacking that striker who can just put the ball in the net (I know they're friendlies, but Ugbo and Etete haven't really convinced me so far).

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Our 6th signing of the season. Josh Bowler signs on a season long loan from Forest.

Interesting how his career took a nose-dive after joining them. He was highly rated at Blackpool if I remember correctly. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Interesting how his career took a nose-dive after joining them. He was highly rated at Blackpool if I remember correctly. 

Looking at when he joined Forest, I'm not surprised as they could have had 3 starting lineups with the amount they signed. xD

Also........career taking a nose dive?  Cheeky fucker. xD

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Looking at when he joined Forest, I'm not surprised as they could have had 3 starting lineups with the amount they signed. xD

Also........career taking a nose dive?  Cheeky fucker. xD

That was meant for the move to Forest, not to you!

But if the shoe fits... :ph34r:

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

Looks like things are happening again for us. Casadei is going to join now by the sounds of it, we definitely want Rak-Sakyi (two signings I'm really happy with), Seb Nanasi from Malmo another.

On the flip side - Harry Souttar might well be off. Clearly not fancied by Maresca. I feel for him a bit because I don't think he's done a load wrong in the few times he's played but if he isn't fancied then I'd rather cash in now than piss around and let it drag on for years. I'd sooner Vestergaard went than him personally.

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Looks like Joe Rodon is coming...

@Storts just never worked out for him at Spurs did it? Feels like a solid signing for the Championship at least.

Excellent signing for you lot, think you’ll love him.

Didnt work out here but he’s a good footballer, proper defender. Blocks everything, body on the line type. Probably not good enough on the ball at the highest level which was his downfall here but definitely can defend. 

14 hours ago, Storts said:

Excellent signing for you lot, think you’ll love him.

Didnt work out here but he’s a good footballer, proper defender. Blocks everything, body on the line type. Probably not good enough on the ball at the highest level which was his downfall here but definitely can defend. 

Happy days. We've been a soft touch for ages and as much as it seems defenders these days have to look elegent, I want someone that's gonna chuck themselves about and get stuck in.

Finally doing us a solid after nicking Robinson and Lennon off us xD

Bayern Munich have loaned out their 2 Scottish youngsters Liam Morrison and Barry Hepburn back to clubs in the UK. Defender Liam Morrison, who is now 20 years old, has been loaned out to English club Wigan Athletic. Wigan who were relegated from the EFL Championship at the end of last season, now play their football in EFL League 1. Meanwhile, 19 year old winger Barry Hepburn, has been loaned out to Scottish Championship side, Queen's Park. Queens Park narrowly missed out on promotion to the Scottish Premier League last season, when they finished in 3rd place in the Championship, level on points with 2nd placed Ayr United.

Defender Liam Morrison joined Bayern Munich from Celtic in 2019, when he was a 16 year old. While winger Barry Hepburn joined Bayern Munich from Celtic in 2020, also as a 16 year old. Both players have played for Bayern's youth academy and for Bayern's reserve team since they joined the German powerhouses. Liam Morrison is a starter for the Scotland Under-21 national team, while Barry Hepburn is a regular for the Scottish Under-19 national team. A lot is expected of the two youngsters and they seem to have a very bright future ahead of them.

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Though not officially confirmed, we've apparently signed Arsenal goalie Runarsson on loan for the season, though haven't heard many good thing about him.

@6666, are we fucked if this is official?

He reacts slow. His handling isn't great and he's not the tallest for a keeper.

That was from when he played a few games for us 3 years ago so maybe he's improved out on loan and I'm sure he's just joined as a backup.

Edited by 6666
  • Sad 1

• Subscriber

We're not half frustrating. We seem to haggle and haggle over selling players we won't use at all yet we're loaning Viktor Krisitiansen to Bologna for an absolute pittance. We need players off the wage bill to free up room to get signings in. This isn't really going to help at all. Don't really understand it. Maresca's even said he'd use him as backup.

• Subscriber

Looks like we're in for a pretty mad few days. Finally some departures that will give us some space to breathe. Castagne to Fulham is virtually done, that's probably £12mil or something for a player who hasn't played a minute for us this season and who doesn't want to be here, who'd have been on a decent wage gone.

I thought Castagne was decent but nothing special, but I think we were quite spoilt in that position for years to be honest, Ricardo it's frankly laughable is playing in this division, Justin as well another who injury has really scuppered after he'd broken into the England setup. Castagne is a weird player - sort of buying into the theory he's more of a wing back than a full back.

Ndidi is going to Forest as well by the sounds of it. I'm a bit disappointed it's Forest of all teams, but with a year left and him not being a natural fit to Maresca's system I'm happy to part ways. His drop off is really quite something. He was in the discussion for the best DMs in the Premier League just 2-3 years ago and he's completely fallen off. At Forest I think he'd probably be more suited to their game as they seem to low block against basically everybody so it should play to his strengths more, but then I don't know if it's just a bad fit for us in 2023 or whether it's that he really has lost it.

These two departures free up some money for us, meaning we'll be able to bring in another three players I'm hoping for. I wanted five this month. Casadei is in, Yunus Akgun is in, it's apparent that Sporting Lisbon winger Abdul Fatawu Issahaku is coming as well on loan. I think we're probably going to buy Harwood-Bellis, and I've got a feeling we might sign Ilias Chair too.

Get those three and we have absolutely no excuses to not get automatics frankly. We've won 4/4 with numerous square pegs in round holes, which is why I've given us the benefit of the doubt on the pretty mediocre performances. With better tactical fits I'm expecting to see an improvement in the performances because I'm not sure we can sustain winning like this.

I think we now have to just bite the bullet on Iheanacho and accept there's a chance he goes for nothing in a year. It's simply not worth the risk losing him. If we lost him or Daka we would need a striker too.

• Subscriber

I'm still not convinced anything more happens with us. Often ends up going this way on deadline day. Loads of talk because we're a player or two short on where we should be but it doesn't actually come to fruition.