talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics & Brexit Discussion

football forums

• Subscriber

That's democracy unfortunately.

The disgrace here is the media, especially the BBC, and to some extent the two major parties who are all in some way culpable for allowing the debate on cultural issues and immigration to move further and further to the right. 

Farage's views used to be so extreme that they weren't allowed as part of the mainstream conversation. Nowadays the viewpoint that "immigration really isn't that much of a problem" is the one deemed an extremist and unrealistic view.

Country is shite after years and years of shite leadership
Country commits economic suicide to 'get rid of the immigrants' and 'win our nation back'
Country remains under shite leadership through this time
Country gets worse rapidly
Country finally gets so bad the opposition are voted in
10 seconds later right wing rioters marching in the street asking 'how did we let immigrants do this to our country?'

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Country is shite after years and years of shite leadership
Country commits economic suicide to 'get rid of the immigrants' and 'win our nation back'
Country remains under shite leadership through this time
Country gets worse rapidly
Country finally gets so bad the opposition are voted in
10 seconds later right wing rioters marching in the street asking 'how did we let immigrants do this to our country?'

Seriously, fuck these people. These people are probably most directly responsible for the fucking state of the UK in the modern day - but they don't want to face facts that the dickheads they voted for are why the country's dogshit now, and would rather blame people that have a different skin colour.

Too bad they can't be fucking deported, because it's what they deserve and what the rest of the UK deserves.

• Subscriber

Yeah I am massively like "you guys wanted Brexit and insisted it would solve all our problems, it's only made things worse, and you still expect to be listened to?". Dickheads.

• Like 2

It has been a truly horrific week. Brought to you by the same people that cheer on all the foreign players at their football clubs, all the not white GB Olympic medallists, etc.

And the more I think about it all, the more sad it is how things have changed since I was young. I remember the Euro tunnel being completed. It was exciting. It was positive. It was opportunity. And back then the Royal Family were more loudly touring further off places, promoting Britain, as a global friend, ally & trading partner for all.

On a side note intellectual level, it was a questionable point, to me, when it became EU or others. The EU put that on the table. It did not need to. But, the rioters are not exactly pro the 'others' are they? They are just the idiots, blaming all around them for the results of their own idiocy. That really is who they are. While the EU is a few steps from Ursula Von Der Leyen being the EU literal equivalent of Joe Biden. 

And, as against the rioters as I am. And as much as Brexit was a negative thing. I can't at the same time ignore that the political entities which still shout against it, would invariably also back Irish terrorists if it was the 'correct' side doing it, ignore similar culture issues in France, the racism in Italy & generally begrudge England being the epicentre of the English speaking world. Above & beyond the toxicity bomb that is gun rampage & assassination central America. And Russia in Ukraine. Israel & the Palestinians.

If civilised aliens find us any time soon, they'll turn round & head off home when they start translating what we're all on about.

8 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

It has been a truly horrific week. Brought to you by the same people that cheer on all the foreign players at their football clubs, all the not white GB Olympic medallists, etc.

And the more I think about it all, the more sad it is how things have changed since I was young. I remember the Euro tunnel being completed. It was exciting. It was positive. It was opportunity. And back then the Royal Family were more loudly touring further off places, promoting Britain, as a global friend, ally & trading partner for all.

On a side note intellectual level, it was a questionable point, to me, when it became EU or others. The EU put that on the table. It did not need to. But, the rioters are not exactly pro the 'others' are they? They are just the idiots, blaming all around them for the results of their own idiocy. That really is who they are. While the EU is a few steps from Ursula Von Der Leyen being the EU literal equivalent of Joe Biden. 

And, as against the rioters as I am. And as much as Brexit was a negative thing. I can't at the same time ignore that the political entities which still shout against it, would invariably also back Irish terrorists if it was the 'correct' side doing it, ignore similar culture issues in France, the racism in Italy & generally begrudge England being the epicentre of the English speaking world. Above & beyond the toxicity bomb that is gun rampage & assassination central America. And Russia in Ukraine. Israel & the Palestinians.

If civilised aliens find us any time soon, they'll turn round & head off home when they start translating what we're all on about.

Edit: Misread epicenter as epitome.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Clearly aimed at me and Stan in order to cause online tension between India and Pakistan.

Worse than Trump, this kind of behaviour. Inciting hatred.