talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 0-1 Man City - Thursday 5th January, 2023

football forum

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

City will do what they always do against us at the bridge which is take full advantage of how narrow it is. 

They will pin our fullbacks, particularly Azpilicueta given his limitations on the ball. Our full backs will either recycle it back to the CBs or Kepa, where they will either hoof it up or try and play it to Jorginho who will be left completely isolated. 

0-2 City. 

23 hours ago, Cicero said:

Every time Azpilicueta starts at RB, Pep salivates. 

Every. Time. 

I read earlier Azpilicueta has managed just 9 crosses in 7 games at Full Back. You are talking barely one cross a game. Mad.

Compare that to Reece James who managed 41 crosses in 8 appearances. No wonder he has the opposition on the back foot.

Chance creation plummets without James. These are basic stats, I'm surprised Chelsea don't try to find an alternative solution for when James is missing.

Just now, Lucas said:

I read earlier Azpilicueta has managed just 9 crosses in 7 games at Full Back.

Compare that to Reece James who managed 41 crosses in 8 appearances.

Chance creation plummets without James. These are basic stats, I'm surprised Chelsea don't try to find an alternative solution for when James is missing.

From where though? Mount, Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante, etc aren't creative players. We typically find Silva doing the chance creating from CB!

There is a reason why we want Enzo Fernandez. 

I think this should be a tough game, and not as easy for City as some are making out. Both sides haven't been great recently, City drew with Everton a few days ago and they lost to Brentford not so long ago. If there is a winner in this game, it'll probably be a narrow win.

There was a ball there just a moment ago, where Chelsea won the ball back high up the pitch. Havertz got the ball, and rather than look forward as see where Aubameyang was (he was open in space for a pass) he ran away from the goal and passed the ball backwards. 

Stuff like that infuriates me as a football fan. Players having zero awareness. 

City not even out of first gear and taking the piss. 

Commentator won’t shut the fuck up about our injuries as if our first team players bar James haven’t been shit all season. They’d make zero difference. 

I am not too displeased showed more desire than against Forest. Unluckz in the first half not to lead, in the second City pressed on early and scored which was expected. Very happy to see Hall, Conor and Hutchinson i always enjoy seeing the kids play. Chukwuemeka did more that Hakim and Pulisic combined this season, must have more game time. Next up again City in the Fa Cup away, we shuld field a mixed team with a lot of academy players.

A slim 1 nil away win for City in the end, thanks to Mahrez's 2nd half goal. But in reality, it wasn't a great match and both sides really need to pick up form. Chelsea could finish outside the top 10 come the end of the season at this rate. As for Man City, well, let's just say that I'd be very confident of Arsenal's chances of winning the title this season, if I was a Gunners fan. 

Chelsea played better in the first half but had no bite. Man City were better in the 2nd but they didn't really do a whole lot either. Kepa deciding to just let the ball go across him was just confusing.

There are so many better ways Chelsea could have recruited when they spent that £250m quid in the Summer. 

Hard to feel sorry for a club with big resources that find a way to just blow it away like that.

Literally have nothing to show for it do they.

11 minutes ago, Lucas said:

There are so many better ways Chelsea could have recruited when they spent that £250m quid in the Summer. 

Hard to feel sorry for a club with big resources that find a way to just blow it away like that.

Literally have nothing to show for it do they.

How dare you speak the truth

2 hours ago, Michael said:

A slim 1 nil away win for City in the end, thanks to Mahrez's 2nd half goal. But in reality, it wasn't a great match and both sides really need to pick up form. Chelsea could finish outside the top 10 come the end of the season at this rate. As for Man City, well, let's just say that I'd be very confident of Arsenal's chances of winning the title this season, if I was a Gunners fan. 

We are in a slump at the minute, we just need to stick with Arsenal because sooner or later we will hit top form and we still have to play Arsenal twice, must win games for us but our squad is stronger and we only mid season

• The title was changed to Chelsea 0-1 Man City - Thursday 5th January, 2023
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived