talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Moises Caicedo - Chelsea Sign Midfielder

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think £80m is a more than fair offer tbh. But I don't want Chelsea to walk away because I don't want them turning their attention to Lavia now that we're quite close to getting that over the line.

Think Lavia has been off the table once it was decided Santos would be part of the first team. They are very similar. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rick said:

I’d be delighted and surprised. 

It all sounds like the typical pre-season transfer crap they normally come out with around this time each year.. They are reporting it like it's a kids fight between the clubs... We go in for Lavia so Liverpool go in for Caicedo as an act of revenge sort of thing.. I mean why would Liverpool try and low ball Southampton by not meeting their valuation for the player if they wanted him then go and pay double that for another player instead?? 

48 minutes ago, Devil said:

Why didn't you push harder for Bellingham then?

The Saudis didn't come in for our whole team at that stage in the window. Caicedo fits better as a Fabinho replacement. I think with Bellingham our alternative was bringing in Mac Allister + Szobozslai (dunno if I spelled that right).

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

It all sounds like the typical pre-season transfer crap they normally come out with around this time each year.. They are reporting it like it's a kids fight between the clubs... We go in for Lavia so Liverpool go in for Caicedo as an act of revenge sort of thing.. I mean why would Liverpool try and low ball Southampton by not meeting their valuation for the player if they wanted him then go and pay double that for another player instead?? 

Tbf we did the same thing with Thuram. We low balled that valuation and when his club came back asking for a ton of money we went ahead and signed Szobozslai for more money than we were willing to pay for Thuram. And he's also a more experienced player than Thuram so the value in the higher valuation seemed more tangible.

I think Lavia's got more potential, but Caicedo's clearly more established. So he's worth more up front today than Lavia is. Lavia's barely been tested at this level tbh and it's not beyond the realm of possibility that his good form in the second half of last season is just a flash in the pan and could even be the height of his career.

If Liverpool have the cash to sign Caicedo then for me it is an absolute no brainer. Strengthens their midfield massively.

Can’t say I’ve seen enough of Lavia to know whether or not he’s at that level but the stats I saw from him recently suggested he’s more of a Thiago/Wijnaldum than a Fabinho.

I think Caicedo can end up Kante levels of brilliant so I would absolutely sign him over Lavia. He’s only 21 himself so we are still signing a young lad. 

I really hope this isn’t all smoke and mirrors, which I suspect it is. 

3 hours ago, Devil said:

Why didn't you push harder for Bellingham then?

Wages probably. Caicedo isn't going to be on anywhere near what Bellingham is getting at Madrid. Liverpool have spent big money recently, Nunez for example, but his wages aren't that much in comparison to a lot of others.

• The title was changed to Moises Caicedo - Chelsea Sign Midfielder