• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Moises Caicedo - Chelsea Sign Midfielder

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Lucas said:

£110m...

Brighton are geniuses.

4 hours ago, Rick said:

Insane. Brighton making a cool £105m profit on one player, fair play to them. FSG must have had a nice tax rebate cheque in the post.

Insane from them. Their recruitment is solid. The fees they've got for some players is mad, but fair play indeed. 

Mac Allister (bargain compared to what Caicedo has gone for!), Caicedo, Cucurella, White, Trossard, Bissouma. 

And they've still got Mitoma to cash in on if they want, whenever that may be... 

Well well well, what a turn up for the books!

Three signings that give us arguably one of the best midfields in Europe.. All in one window.

Make no mistake, this wasn't just a flash in the pan late bid by us. It will have been worked on between us, Brighton and the agent for months. Possibly using Romeo as a smokescreen ... 

Or maybe not? I've got a feeling we still might get Romeo .. ooohhh the scenes if we do .. lovely.

Maybe FSG aren't the horrible monsters after all?

Edited by LFCMadLad

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Well well well, what a turn up for the books!

Three signings that give us arguably one of the best midfields in Europe.. All in one window.

Make no mistake, this wasn't just a flash in the pan late bid by us. It will have been worked on between us, Brighton and the agent for months. Possibly using Romeo as a smokescreen ... 

Or maybe not? I've got a feeling we still might get Romeo .. ooohhh the scenes if we do .. lovely.

Maybe FSG aren't the horrible monsters after all?

Or maybe Liverpool shat the bed and didn't want Chelsea to get him. 

Come on, £110m is madness. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Or maybe Liverpool shat the bed and didn't want Chelsea to get him. 

Come on, £110m is madness. 

When have FSG 'shat the bed' and splurged that kind of money to stop another club getting a player?

Nah.. This has been going on behind the scenes all the.while. 

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

When have FSG 'shat the bed' and splurged that kind of money to stop another club getting a player?

Nah.. This has been going on behind the scenes all the.while. 

You've not been linked all summer. Only Chelsea really have. 

But suddenly this has been kept quiet all along amongst all the links and leaks that get bandied around and you've managed to get him. I don't buy that for a second, sorry xD

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

But suddenly this has been kept quiet all along amongst all the links and leaks that get bandied around and you've managed to get him. I don't buy that for a second, sorry xD

Honestly mate, have a look at our recent history regarding signing players.. we very rarely leak anything until a deal is done.

It's happened already this summer with the guy who's name I'm not going to attempt to spell xD

21 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

375x500.63033.jpg.2348839d9ac42ebe3cf081461e4da31f.jpg

Do you lot really think FSG said "OMG.. quick.. here's £110m .. go and sign that dude from Brighton before Chelsea do"?

That is totally opposite from how they conduct business.

Edited by LFCMadLad

37 minutes ago, Stan said:

Tbf not being linked with a player before we’ve gone and signed them has happened many times with FSG. Fabinho & Szobo are probably the biggest names.

This fee is insane though, but tbf we dare desperate for a good DM

• Subscriber

MacAllister and Caicedo were getting humped to death by a midfield of Gueye, Garner and Doucoure last time I saw them play so let's see how they perform at a higher level than Brighton before touting Liverpool to topple the Man City monopoly this season hey?

:219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:...

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf not being linked with a player before we’ve gone and signed them has happened many times with FSG. Fabinho & Szobo are probably the biggest names.

This fee is insane though, but tbf we dare desperate for a good DM

Makes you wonder what's left in the kitty to improve the defence...

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Not much I imagine.

I think Klopp will gamble on the defence for now and then overhaul it next summer, or even in January.

Just a hunch.

January can always be a bit hit and miss, for most clubs. 

Risky to gamble on the defence. Maybe see plenty of high-scoring games with the kind of attack you have...

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Do you lot really think FSG said "OMG.. quick.. here's £110m .. go and sign that dude from Brighton before Chelsea do"?

That is totally opposite from how they conduct business.

Well no, because I don't imagine FSG use words like OMG as if they're teenage girls that are in to Love Island.

Brighton have been very public with there valuation of Caicedo. If Liverpool are deciding to pay the fee the day the season starts, its because FSG have been persuaded to depart with more money than they were willing to.

• The title was changed to Moises Caicedo - Chelsea Sign Midfielder