talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alexis Mac Allister - Liverpool Complete Signing

• The title was changed to Alexis Mac Allister - Liverpool
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a lovely player to watch. I think I only truly appreciated what he brought when he played in the World Cup but he'll be a great addition to Liverpool's midfield assuming it all goes through.

Very tidy on the ball, intelligent, offers great versatility and has a goal threat to support the attackers. I like that he has an edge to him too, little nasty streak when needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
·
18m
Liverpool plan for Alexis Mac Allister deal: complete player side details this week, personal terms are almost agreed — then finalize the deal next week. 🚨🔴 #LFC

Liverpool are prepared to pay the exit clause [it’s less than reported £70m] if all goes to plan on player side.

4 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

putting buyout clauses is tragic, Brighton will lose him for 25-30m less than they could get.  he is easily 80-90m worth

He signed the extension before the world cup, otherwise I think Brighton could have asked for more for his release clause. But they'd also probably have had to have paid him a lot.

I hope this one goes through though because this is the exact sort of signing we need to be making with our midfield.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He signed the extension before the world cup, otherwise I think Brighton could have asked for more for his release clause. But they'd also probably have had to have paid him a lot.

I hope this one goes through though because this is the exact sort of signing we need to be making with our midfield.

he is a good signing

• Administrator

Could be one of the signings of the season. Very dynamic player, exactly what that Liverpool side would need/want when the older players leave/become less effective.

If I was a fan of another top 4 club, I'd be very envious of this signing. Especially that it may be approx £40-50m as the fee?

33 minutes ago, Stan said:

Could be one of the signings of the season. Very dynamic player, exactly what that Liverpool side would need/want when the older players leave/become less effective.

If I was a fan of another top 4 club, I'd be very envious of this signing. Especially that it may be approx £40-50m as the fee?

Brighton fans are even confused on it. They believed he didn't have a release clause. 

Wonder what this means for Caicedo. 

I like how these journalists are just rehashing whatever Paul Joyce said. Having said that, Joyce coming out with it means it's 99% done - so I'm not surprised the twitter tap in merchants are running with it.

45m is a fantastic bit of business. Next up could be Thuram from Nice. He ‘liked’ a post on Instagram about us having this deal pretty much done. Read into that what you will. 

If we manage to bring in Mac Allister, Thuram & Kone this summer I’ll be delighted. 

12 minutes ago, Rick said:

45m is a fantastic bit of business. Next up could be Thuram from Nice. He ‘liked’ a post on Instagram about us having this deal pretty much done. Read into that what you will. 

If we manage to bring in Mac Allister, Thuram & Kone this summer I’ll be delighted. 

So in the article that Joyce posted (and I think Joyce is basically a club mouthpiece of a journo), he mentions Thuram as a top choice after we get Mac Allister done. Imo he's the man to listen to if you want to have an idea of who our actual targets are - and he lists Thuram and Celta Vigo's Gabri Veiga as our next two midfield targets. He doesn't mention Manu Kone though, which makes me think if we had any interest in him at all... it's cooled off.

10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

So in the article that Joyce posted (and I think Joyce is basically a club mouthpiece of a journo), he mentions Thuram as a top choice after we get Mac Allister done. Imo he's the man to listen to if you want to have an idea of who our actual targets are - and he lists Thuram and Celta Vigo's Gabri Veiga as our next two midfield targets. He doesn't mention Manu Kone though, which makes me think if we had any interest in him at all... it's cooled off.

I’d be happy with that. I’d definitely prioritise Thuram over Kone because we need a powerful runner in the midfield. I’ve not seen a single thing of this Veiga lad, but he seems very highly rated so I’d trust Klopp to guide him well. 

@Spike Rodrigo de Paul would be a fucking great signing, but negotiating a fee with Atletico would be ridiculous, they’d want Fort Knox. 

• The title was changed to Alexis Mac Allister - Liverpool Complete Signing

Archived