talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kylian Mbappe Refusing to Sign Contract Extension

37 minutes ago, Devil said:

Haaland is a machine but Mbappe ie far the superior footballer. 

If you got him alongside Haaland that would be mental.

Both are machines and have amazing consistency. Very little magic though.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Both are machines and have amazing consistency. Very little magic though.

Don't agree with that, I think Mbappe is graceful and has bags of skill. 

Haaland is basically a warrior animal. 

If I was buying based on attitude and drive I think I'd go for Haaland but on initial view I'd take Mbappe every time.

20 hours ago, Devil said:

If I was buying based on attitude and drive I think I'd go for Haaland but on initial view I'd take Mbappe every time.

Mbappe's general play is better than Haaland's but that's not really saying much as Haaland barely does anything most of the game. Both rarely do things that make me go "wow". Rarely score great goals for example.

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Mbappe's general play is better than Haaland's but that's not really saying much as Haaland barely does anything most of the game. Both rarely do things that make me go "wow". Rarely score great goals for example.

You have to watch them more often! Both are simply amazing. Even Kylian ‘thirty shots a game’ Mbappe has converted me into a believer.

21 hours ago, Devil said:

I think I'd depends on what you need at the time. For us with Eze, Zaha, Olise, Ayew and Edouard who are more effective out wide you'd want a Haaland to be the cherry on top. Whilst someone likes Spurs would take Mbappe every day.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 16/06/2023 at 16:39, Happy Blue said:

Pep's one of the few managers that can get this kid in line but if he's want to play 2nd fiddle to the worlds best striker in Haaland is another matter

Don't think there's much chance Mbappe goes to City, he doesn't like playing with Neymar and Messi, so he's not going to get himself into a situation that's like the one he is trying to get out of at PSG.

I've never seen a top player be so greedy or miss so many chances. The thing is, he's actually a very creative player and if he could learn to play these passes more often in certain situations and be more clinical then he'd be an even better player. 

For France he is a different class also.

Edited by Carnivore Chris

1 hour ago, Redcanuck said:

Don't think there's much chance Mbappe goes to City, he doesn't like playing with Neymar and Messi, so he's not going to get himself into a situation that's like the one he is trying to get out of at PSG.

I don't think we would pay his wages tbh and defo wouldn't put up with his shit. we can use this to buy Valverde though

29 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I've never seen a top player be so greedy or miss so many chances. The thing is, he's actually a very creative player and if he could learn to play these passes more often in certain situations and be more clinical then he'd be an even better player. 

If he wants to improve he needs Pep. a front 3 of Alvarez - Haaland - Mbappe would be tasty 

9 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

If he wants to improve he needs Pep. a front 3 of Alvarez - Haaland - Mbappe would be tasty 

Do you think Alvarez is going to start on a regular basis?  Seems to be coming off the bench most of the time.

33 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Do you think Alvarez is going to start on a regular basis?  Seems to be coming off the bench most of the time.

Now Mahrez has gone he could play on the right, he's too good to sit on the bench but you cant drop Haaland. id play them both together in a hybrid 3-2-3-2 with stones in midfield but also dropping in at CB like he is now

Ederson

Akanji        - Dias -     Gvardiol

Stones   - Rodrigo

Bernardo - De Bruyne - Foden

Alvarez - Haaland

11 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

He is allowed to miss chances because his movement and speed is so unbelievable he gets ten shots a game. But yeah, I agree he is very wasteful.  

1 hour ago, Reluctant Striker said:

I'd be shocked if it's not Real Madrid or Barcelona.

He supposedly prefers being number 9.

It should be made globally illegal for any one club to have both Mbappe & Haaland.

City are getting banned anyway mate, the only way 100+ charges are getting cleared are if City find loop holes again. If that happens I'd be disgusted if the Premier league clubs didn't try and make a stand against them.