talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jadon Sancho - Back to Dortmund on Loan

• Administrator

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/transfer-news/uk-premier-league/2023/06/exclusive-man-utd-transfer-news-jadon-sancho-listed-for-sale-aston-villa-interest

Man Utd are demanding £60 million (€70m) for Sancho. At the moment, the Midlands club are not willing to buy the Englishman for that price, but negotiations could well take place and a compromise reached between the two parties.

The 23-year-old clocks in at an Expected Transfer Value (xTV) of €55.4m in our in-house algorithm, so the side from Birmingham are well within their right to request United to lower their asking price.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Mad how we all hyped him as the next big thing. He did look like he was starting to find his place at United though?

No. He’s been awful, and I mean awful. Can’t take a man on, can’t pass more than 5 yards, can’t cross a ball, looks like he’s running in mud. Genuinely don’t know what happened when he left Dortmund but he’s been gash.

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

No. He’s been awful, and I mean awful. Can’t take a man on, can’t pass more than 5 yards, can’t cross a ball, looks like he’s running in mud. Genuinely don’t know what happened when he left Dortmund but he’s been gash.

I remember Dortmund/Bundesliga fans saying that his final season was already a descent into this. There was a MOTD analysis of him recently where they spoke about him having a good game, creating chances left right and centre. Assumed that might have been consistent behaviour towards the end

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Danny said:

I remember Dortmund/Bundesliga fans saying that his final season was already a descent into this. There was a MOTD analysis of him recently where they spoke about him having a good game, creating chances left right and centre. Assumed that might have been consistent behaviour towards the end

Think I remember Dortmund fans saying he can only play one way, and in one system, and that's how to get the best out of him. 

Personally, I would be fascinated to see what Unai Emery could get from him, in this Villa team.

I think I read somewhere Villa were reluctant to go beyond £40m. Which as things stand is club record area of the spend on Buendia. And read since then, that Spurs might be interested too.

If any remember, fairly sure Villa paid around half the Sancho fee at the same time, for Leon Bailey, from Leverkusen, and he has had trouble seeming like a starting 11 player, for Villa.

I also feel Bellingham has made a smart choice to go to Real Madrid. 

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Modern day Stewart Downing?

Depends on whether we are bought by the Qatari.

If he gets hold of the club I think we will sell at a cheap price around 40 million. 

He's so frustrating though, he just doesn't seem to want to give 100%. You can see Bruno get frustrated with him so often during a game. He just refuses to track back and he won't put any sort of an effort into winning the ball in a challenge. 

• Upvote 1

I would genuinely be surprised if we bought him, so much lazy journalism around Villa. Villa pre V sports aside from the Gerrard era yeah, we always brought tat or past their best from “top 4 clubs” always linked with their players too. 

Now I think we’ll raid Spain and Portugal as bargains to be had

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Devil said:

Mental thing is Sancho could go and then ETH could potentially lose his job.

The next guy might have wanted to see if he could work with Jadon. 

Probably best let him get some form and confidence on loan and then start fresh in the Summer 

• The title was changed to Jadon Sancho - Back to Dortmund on Loan