talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wataru Endo - joins Liverpool

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

This doesn't seem like a Liverpool signing at all. 

The Schmadtke effect. Buy Szobo on a release clause, fuck off to Ibiza for 2 weeks (and get caught vaping in the toilets), balls up the prefered midfielder negotiations... then turn to Endo to bail you out after your first couple mont

Stuttgart fans seem to love him from what I've seen on the internet, so that's a promising sign. At least seems more promising than Arthur was as a stopgap signing last season. Stuttgart fans seem to think he's a great leader who gives his all on the pitch, so I like the sound of that. But yeah, seems a bit underwhelming considering we usually go in for younger players. We are lacking experience and leadership in the midfield though so... I can see the rationale I suppose.

13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

@Tommy @Rucksackfranzose @Viva la FCB ... is he any good?

Didn't watch much of Stuttgart the last few seasons.  The few times when I did he didn't stand out neither positive nor negative. Despite the stat @Danny forked out he hasn't a reputation of being a particularly unfair player, though. @Coma should be able to tell you more.

Endo has 50 international caps for Japan. He has represented Japan in 2 World Cups, as well as 2 Olympics and also an Asian Cup. Endo is certainly not lacking in experience. Endo is essentially a very hard working midfielder, with good leadership qualities. Not a bad player to have at Liverpool when needed. He is also the captain of the Japanese national team and is highly rated in Japan.

Edited by Michael

I guess if he had to go to a Prem club I'd prefer Liverpool.  Not quite sure why they'd be sniffing around him though as he's not a high profile player. 

He's the heart and soul of Stuttgart... grafts in midfield, breaks up passing play, pops up with the odd match-winning goal.  He's a 6 and does captain things... not flashy just all effort.  He bailed us out a couple seasons ago when he scored against Koeln in the dying moments to avoid relegation on the final day.  Good passer, great tackler, but not a dirty player in any capacity.  I'll be sorry to see him go, but at 18m that's probably about the right price for him considering he's 30 now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Devil said:

Bidding for players they know they can't get then buying a budget player.

Something stinks, I've seen this shit at United over the years. 

I mean in all honesty, Endo isn't a bad player, he's just not Liverpool standard. Fabinho, Henderson and Naby Keita are all better than him in my opinion and yet Liverpool let them all go. How Endo adapts to the pace and physicality of English Premier League football is another question that needs to be asked.

• The title was changed to Wataru Endo - joins Liverpool
10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Well, at least he looks good in the kit…

This is surely along with another midfield signing, surely. If we end the window only having brought this guy in then that’ll be a real issue. No criticism on him, I have never seen a second of him playing. 

It’s just concerning that the only deals we have got done under this new DOF is two players with release clauses sand another from the club said DOF used to work at. He needs to pull his socks up. 

5 hours ago, Michael said:

I mean in all honesty, Endo isn't a bad player, he's just not Liverpool standard. Fabinho, Henderson and Naby Keita are all better than him in my opinion and yet Liverpool let them all go. How Endo adapts to the pace and physicality of English Premier League football is another question that needs to be asked.

Shit if Keita’s better than him that’s truly bad news

#LFC will pay around €20m transfer fee guaranteed for Wataru #Endo.  €5m add-ons on top. According to the player has already received the permission to fly to  to complete his medical for today. No surprise: will replace Endo.

·

Views

The deal to transfer Endo to Liverpool is complete, as all parties have apparently agreed terms. The transfer fee paid to Stuttgart will be 20 million, plus add-ons worth 5 million on top. That's a pretty good deal financially for Stuttgart, even though they now lack that hard working midfielder type of player of Endo's quality. Karazor is not as good as Endo in my opinion, Endo was much better in the midfield role he played for Stuttgart.

Edited by Michael