talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 3 - 25-27th August, 2023

football forum

10 minutes ago, Danny said:

You do wonder at what point are players like Trent and VVD given too much freedom to make mistakes without competition to push them out of the team

Shhh you can’t criticise Trent defensively! 

I’m absolutely fed up of the entire defence. I don’t rate a single one of them that highly anymore. Robertson has followed VVD & the others in falling off. And we will end the window without any re enforcements by the looks of it. 

10 minutes ago, Danny said:

You do wonder at what point are players like Trent and VVD given too much freedom to make mistakes without competition to push them out of the team

Shhh you can’t criticise Trent defensively! 

I’m absolutely fed up of the entire defence. I don’t rate a single one of them that highly anymore. Robertson has followed VVD & the others in falling off. And we will end the window without any re enforcements by the looks of it. 

Gotta question Newcastle’s inability to control possession since going a man up, they shouldnt be getting hit like this. Control possession, slow the game down, frustrate the opposition. So naive playing this back and forward game with Liverpool

I thought that was embarrassing to watch for Liverpool initially and Newcastle somehow managed to show their arses even more.

When you've got infinite money you've got work out something better than being compact, breaking up play, and having good set pieces and counters, I think.

4 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I thought that was embarrassing to watch for Liverpool initially and Newcastle somehow managed to show their arses even more.

When you've got infinite money you've got work out something better than being compact, breaking up play, and having good set pieces and counters, I think.

IMO Newcastle's attack is a bit light weight for a Champions League team. They have good players but no difference maker. 

Punched well above our weight last season with the players we have. Howe’s subs were very odd too.

Liverpool’s front 3 are a million times better than what we have, showed some class at the end two great finishes from Nunez. 

Fair play to the Liverpool boys on here be back in the top 4 comfortably this season

2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

He did everything right last season but finish. #once he sorts that out you'll have a player on your hands.

He should start over Gakpo in that front three. Gakpo is good, but Nunez has earned a starting role now for me. 

• The topic was unpinned