talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Transfer window hasn't even opened yet lads. Missing out on paying 70 fucking million for a decent centre back is a blessing and the other targets will probably get sorted. 

Hard to really justify for LFC... generally when we miss our top targets we buy overpriced shite to fill the gap - which often ends up being overpriced shite. I have lots of faith in Klopp. But I don't have a whole lot of faith in our recruitment team, especially when it's headed up by a novice. I worry that beyond our top targets, we've got a shortlist of dross.

21 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Transfer window hasn't even opened yet lads. Missing out on paying 70 fucking million for a decent centre back is a blessing and the other targets will probably get sorted. 

Opens midnight of the final game of the season. 

It's looking like a real shame for us on the pitch we didn't follow the rules re: VvD. Klopp and him had talks including video on how we would set up defensively and the predicted impact he'd have on the team - very specific planning for why the move was good for the club and the player. It reminds me of Rafa Benitez's recruitment of Mascherano - very specific tactical roles were explained to him to show how the player would be a major part of the midfield and essentially how he would be key to not only his area of the pitch but the whole side. That convinced Mascherano to join... and it looks like we very nearly could have had VvD with similar recruitment, but for arrogance and stupidity. What a shame, cuz if VvD had anywhere near of an impact as Masch did he would be a fucking amazing signing.

Laddo who just got promoted to head of recruitment now needs to be fired out on his arse over this fiasco. We need to start from scratch concerning our transfer dealings because it's an embarrassment. 

Apparently, Roma have to sell a high value player to balance their books out before 30th June. So, we are going to wait until the very last moment to get the best deal. This is not a bad ploy, but I can totally see someone sneaking in and buying Salah for 25 mil, while we wait for the value to fall to 23 mil.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
19 hours ago, Machado said:

Some of the takeaways for me from that short display is a player who is always switched on in the box and the other is a guy who doesn't think there's a lost cause and will chase and hunt it down. Now, how that translates on the pitch remains to be seen but one of Mane's traits that I really like is that he's always trying and always pushing. The best of that lot was when El Shaaraway hits the post and the defense is still coming to terms with what has happened but Salah is onto it quick giving no one a chance. 

I read that Danny Ings has returned to training after suffering that knee ligaments injury (poor bastard, two in two years).

Apparently he “only had one week’s holiday” over the summer, before returning to training in pre-pre-season it attempt to impress Klopp. Will that be enough? Will he still be a LFC player in Sept? 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10937694/liverpool-players-return-for-first-day-of-pre-season-training-at-melwood

Shame to hear about Rhian Brewster breaking a bone in his foot. I’m sure many LFC fans were intrigued to see him feature in pre-season.  

5 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I am really looking forward to Trent Alexander Arnold's development this season. 

Hell yeah. 

It’s pretty inevitable Lucas is leaving, yeah? I wonder if Ovie Ejaria might be eased into more first team (cup) football  this season. Got to say though, segueing onto his achievement with the England U20s, his international team mate Josh Onomah looked pretty impressive in that similar central role for the U20s. I’d like to see him feature a bit more for Spurs this year, too. 

47 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Comparing the signing of Lukaku to Solanke is retarded. At least compare it to Salah. 

Salah isn't a CF though? 

I agree though that you can't compare Solanke to Lukaku seeing as Solanke has been told he's primarily been signed to lead the line of our under 23's with the hope that he'll break into the first team squad in due course. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Salah isn't a CF though? 

I agree though that you can't compare Solanke to Lukaku seeing as Solanke has been told he's primarily been signed to lead the line of our under 23's with the hope that he'll break into the first team squad in due course. 

I'm not talking about position, I'm talking about the stature of the signing. Ludicrous to name the biggest signing of every other club and compare it to one who everyone knows is only a prospect. It's like if Liverpool fans were like "LOL we signed Salah and Everton only signed Onyekuru".

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

No idea mate, one of the footy sites that's on my Facebook posted a picture of a load of your supporters invading the pitch. I gathered it might have been an inside joke like when we did it when Tony Hibbert scored. 

Edit: 

Strange? 

• The title was changed to Liverpool Discussion