talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

• Administrator

It really is phenomenal what this side are achieving right now. 

They're bound to break the record for fastest title win as well. Think the record is mid-April. At this rate they're winning it in March. 

38 minutes ago, Stan said:

It really is phenomenal what this side are achieving right now. 

They're bound to break the record for fastest title win as well. Think the record is mid-April. At this rate they're winning it in March. 

It definitely won't be March, that's virtually impossible I think. The only recent comparison we have is City 17/18 and they won it mid April I think

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

To be honest, I'm not interested in these records when there's still two other competitions we can win. They only really become relevant if we go out of the other two cups and if we secure the league mathematically

Is that you Darren?  xD

That's our son's way of talking, I keep telling him you have the League sowed up now but he said "I won't celebrate that until we mathematically win it pops",  he then went into the backroom to watch Spurs v Pool and I was sitting in the lounge here with the wife and our daughter watching a show on tv when we heard an almighty YEEEEESSSSS, GET IN THERE..." the wife shite a brick and jumped, our daughter jumped and said "What the fuck did he yell like that for?", I said calmly without jumping "More than likely his Liverpool has just scored against Spurs".  :coffee:  xD

6 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Matip, Lovren and Fabinho back soon then you'd expect

Klopp's said they're expected to be "normal participants" in preparation for Man Utd - so it looks that way.

What a couple of weeks for Nat Phillips though. From Bundesliga 2 to beating the shite (as one of our more senior players lol - he's even older than Gomez) while the shite put out a strong side against us.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Apparently the AFCON could be moved back to Jan/Feb next season. Would obviously be a big blow to us losing Salah, Mane and Keita for a few weeks

I honestly dont know why they cant play the fucking thing in Europe's off season? 

Taking the top players from clubs that pay their wages is just wank. 

Edited by LFCMadLad
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I honestly dont know why they cant play the fucking thing in Europe's off season? 

Taking the top players from clubs that pay their wages is just wank. 

Because their world doesn’t revolve around Europe...

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, Cicero said:

And? This has been happening for years. We lost Drogba, Essien, and Kalou all the time when they were vital for us. 

Just because it’s now happening to Liverpool doesn’t mean it deserves an outcry 

Yep - we lost Mahrez in 14/15 & 16/17 and Slimani in 16/17. 

Been happening to several clubs.

• Subscriber

Nothing new here, clubs have been dealing with this kind of problem for years. Its why clubs have to be smart about how they build their squads and rotate them during these periods. I honestly think that if that's something that isn't a priority now (which I dont think is the case) it should be for the future. The AFCON isn't going to subject their players to the cruel weather of an African summer just to appease the European football federations and rightly so. 

13 minutes ago, Danny said:

Clearly not here eh

It revolves around money and in this case that’s best to be made in Jan

And that's why you can expect fans of European sides to bitch about the competition being held in the middle of our season. Especially fans of sides that play in the most watched league in the world, many of whom don't give a shit about ACON and won't be watching anything in that tournament.