talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 8 - 7-8th October, 2023

football forum

Great point for us given the size of the injury list. Four clean sheets now and everybody is playing at 100%.

We have more of our starting XI injured than available. Yet have we still have played the least amount of players in the league. I cant for the life of me understand why the board havent invested in depth for the squad. The last eighteen months have been a real great opportunity to push the club on missed.

17 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

3-0. Sound. If only we'd done the business last week that'd be a fourth win on the trot and a genuine feeling of lift off.

Dyche brings that extra grit and Goodison is one of the hardest grounds to be an away team at when Everton are on tune.    Home form will probably be what keeps you safely up.  i don't think you will be holding on this season, I think maybe you could even push to win the bottom half table.  i think an 11th place would be a stellar season.

3 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Yes. The bloke has butter fingers. His shot stopping ability is shambolic. 

I read a story that he only became a keeper late into his development, he was a midfielder and got signed to a European club as a midfielder only to be converted in a crisis.

Bit of a injury and suspension crisis, Botman, Barnes and Willock are definitely missing while Joelinton and Wilson are close but unlikely to start.   Gordon is suspended leaving us without a left sided forward.    

I am going to have a guess that Anderson will fill in on the left flank with Tonali retaining his place.  Wilson and Joelinton will only play if absolutely needed.  

So we’re looking to be without Dasilva and Schade until maybe the Arsenal game at the end of November. Ben Mee and Damsgaard hopefully our next game but who knows.

If I had to pinpoint our biggest loss currently it’s Schade, with him in the team against United we would offer a big threat on the counter and wouldn’t be pinned back so much.

We’re in a difficult spell, didn’t deserve to lose yesterday, not like that anyway. Mistakes against Forest, Bournemouth and Palace have given 3 points away in games we should have won. The same with Newcastle but should have drawn.  We’ve had one bad performance this season and that was against Everton.

I think we could find ourselves in a relegation battle come December if our luck remains the same, but I also think that once the injury list shrinks we should get back to midtable.

9 minutes ago, Danny said:

So we’re looking to be without Dasilva and Schade until maybe the Arsenal game at the end of November. Ben Mee and Damsgaard hopefully our next game but who knows.

If I had to pinpoint our biggest loss currently it’s Schade, with him in the team against United we would offer a big threat on the counter and wouldn’t be pinned back so much.

We’re in a difficult spell, didn’t deserve to lose yesterday, not like that anyway. Mistakes against Forest, Bournemouth and Palace have given 3 points away in games we should have won. The same with Newcastle but should have drawn.  We’ve had one bad performance this season and that was against Everton.

I think we could find ourselves in a relegation battle come December if our luck remains the same, but I also think that once the injury list shrinks we should get back to midtable.

Toney is a massive outlet, he makes players like Mbuemo more effective.

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Yes. Some of the Twitter comments that it's the worst they've ever seen must be from youngsters. Too young to remember Eduardo. Nevermind David Busst & Luc Nilis.

Eduardo's is the first one that came to mind for me. The way the foot is just 100% misplaced. Horrible. 

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Toney is a massive outlet, he makes players like Mbuemo more effective.

It’s more the other way round. Our issue is that we have one attacking mid fit, one winger available and we are getting to grips to life without Rico Henry

That goal is 100% on Van Dijk, Adingra has pounced on him before the ball even gets to his feet. You can see Van Dijk rushing Allison, gets the ball, barely looks up before passing and Brighton are ready. Not Mac Allister’s fault at al for me there, even if he gets a strong foot on it, Adingra is on him before Van Dijk’s pass gets to Mac Allister’s feet.

1 minute ago, Rick said:

MacAllistar needs to but a bit more aware of his surroundings. The pass was garbage, but if he was more alert he could have passed it back. 

Tbh I think it’s tough to say that considering he had less than a second on the ball. It’s mostly on Virgil for that awful pass.

We look pretty lethargic tbh. Will have to see if we wake up in the second half.

• The topic was unpinned