talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 13 - 25-27th November, 2023

football forum

4 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

I heard somewhere a few days ago that Portsmouth & Middlesbrough both had points deductions in the Premier League. I think both of those were standard 9 points deductions, for 'going into administration'.

But this is the first to do with modern 'financial fair play' rules. And the most points. I also heard a defence of points deductions punishments, that if a club owner is happy to take the financial hit, then points deductions are a more effective deterrent.

Thank You for clarifying that.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

You won't see a shitter performance lead to a 3-0 win all season. 

Only got ourselves to blame after missing all those chances in the first half.

Onto the next one.

I think some of it started with the Man Utd goal right from the start plus like you said the missed opportunities in the first half. 

• Subscriber

The early goal is a big problem for us. Our game plan depends on giving up most of the possession and picking our moments to attack. We are hopeless coming from behind because we don't have the quality to break down a team with men behind the ball and our defenders don't have the pace to cope with counter attacks when we have to commit men forward.

A few of our fans are shitting it on social media. On the pitch we've outscored Luton by 5 points in 13 games. We've got 25 games left to repeat that without Sheffield United or Burnley blowing us out of the water. We shouldn't have a problem doing that regardless of today.

For a club in so called crisis were not really doing that bad. Just outside the top four and picking up wins rather than draws. That's really the main reason we are high up the table, we haven't drawn any games the clubs that have drawn a few and lost a few haven't gained any advantage from our poor loss record.

Amazing goal that was today. Also buzzing for Mainoo, he looks so composed for his age, think we have a star in the making there.

51 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The early goal is a big problem for us. Our game plan depends on giving up most of the possession and picking our moments to attack. We are hopeless coming from behind because we don't have the quality to break down a team with men behind the ball and our defenders don't have the pace to cope with counter attacks when we have to commit men forward.

A few of our fans are shitting it on social media. On the pitch we've outscored Luton by 5 points in 13 games. We've got 25 games left to repeat that without Sheffield United or Burnley blowing us out of the water. We shouldn't have a problem doing that regardless of today.

When a team has to play from behind and they don’t really have the capability of doing that so well that is going to lead to games like we saw today. Games that go from an early 1 goal deficit to it expanded to 3 or maybe even 4 goals by the end of the game. 

I have only been a watching the game for 5 years now and I easily can see the different tactics the teams use when they are either up goals or down goals. 

2 hours ago, Devil said:

For a club in so called crisis were not really doing that bad. Just outside the top four and picking up wins rather than draws. That's really the main reason we are high up the table, we haven't drawn any games the clubs that have drawn a few and lost a few haven't gained any advantage from our poor loss record.

Amazing goal that was today. Also buzzing for Mainoo, he looks so composed for his age, think we have a star in the making there.

Mainoo, not getting carried away but like you said a CM who looks composed. Actually has energy is athletic and mobile.

4 hours ago, Devil said:

Yes, probably one of the only clubs that could win 1 cup & lose in the final of the other, finish 3rd & still be in meltdown crisis before November of the next season.

To be fair, mostly by Man United fans, who presumably are looking at Man City, Liverpool & Arsenal looking like the Top 3. Seeing Newcastle emerging. Chelsea spending crazy money. And Spurs & Villa with a 4th vs 5th match up.

14 hours ago, Stan said:

That Garnacho goal was unreal. Just sensational. 

Saw the goal on social media, fucking fantastic, but I do think some people are overreacting to the moment. It's definitely not THE best goal I've ever seen. High up, perhaps, but I have seen better. Maybe it's just me that enjoys team goals like Arsenal's tiki-taka vs Norwich. Those are my favourite kind of goals.

25 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

Huge win for us. Squad ravaged. 17 year old in central midfield. A bench with no options at all. Massive win. Especially with PSG, Man Utd and Spurs in our next 4 games. It's going to be a tough spell fitness wise for the few remaining players and no rotation possible.

You can have that and you can roll over in the Cup in exchange in December... 

• Subscriber

Carlos Vinicius only getting a yellow card for sticking his head in there is all the proof you need, if you still needed any, that these decisions depend more heavily on the reaction of the player on the receiving end than the actual offence. Even with VAR ffs. I've seen literally dozens of red cards given in the Premier League over the years for less than that because of the opponent rolling around on the floor.

• Administrator
Just now, RandoEFC said:

Carlos Vinicius only getting a yellow card for sticking his head in there is all the proof you need, if you still needed any, that these decisions depend more heavily on the reaction of the player on the receiving end than the actual offence. Even with VAR ffs. I've seen literally dozens of red cards given in the Premier League over the years for less than that because of the opponent rolling around on the floor.

Agreed. 

• Subscriber

Wolves player gets headbutted and doesn't roll on the floor. Fulham player gets away with it as a result.

Fulham player dives at the slightest contact in the box five minutes later. Gets rewarded with a penalty.

Cheating is literally actively encouraged. Shite.

• The topic was unpinned