• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 18 - 21-24th December, 2023

football forum

• Administrator

1200px-Premier_League_Logo.svg.png

all kick-offs 15.00 (GMT)

Thursday 21st December, 2023
Crystal Palace vs Brighton, 20.00 (live on Sky)

Friday 22nd December, 2023
Aston Villa vs Sheff Utd, 20.00 (live on Sky)

Saturday 23rd December, 2023
West Ham vs Man Utd, 12.30 (live on TNT)

Fulham vs Burnley
Luton vs Newcastle
Nottm Forest vs Bournemouth
Tottenham vs Everton

Liverpool vs Arsenal, 17.30 (live on Sky)

Sunday 24th December, 2023
Wolves vs Chelsea, 13.00 (live on Sky)

image.png

Big psychological challenge on Friday, for Villa, to test themselves. Obviously hoping to & predicted to go deep in Conference League. 2 other competitions they may just be competitive in. Having enough about them to claim top spot, even for a day, would be a good memory to have. Along with the fantastic 100% home run they are on.

Obviously Liverpool vs Arsenal looks match of the round.

Brighton started alright but have been mistake heavy as the game as gone on.

Palace are building all their attacks through the wings, either using Ayew almost as a target man to play others in or using Olise to either run at players or play through them. But unlike Brighton, when Palace get the ball on the wings they get 2, 3 or 4 men immediately supporting the ball carrier and then either try and switch it or play it in behind.

Brighton keep playing with almost a front 5, looking to draw Palace defenders out. Andersen specifically is always stepping up into midfield, which then leaves room for either Pedro, Grob, Hinshelwood to run into. It’s not a bad tactic from Palace but there are moments where Richards and Lerma don’t know when to drop in and plug the gap. The build up play has been decent for Brighton but they’ve not had the end product.

Watching this I thought if the teams keep playing as they are Palace will nick it as Olise is magic and Brighton have created little in actual chances. Then Brighton make another mistake, Olise dinks it to Ayew and they have the lead! If Brighton step it up a gear then I think they have it in them to score 3 or 4 based on how expansive the build up play has been, but they need to be more incisive and cut the mistakes in possession as otherwise I think Palace will eventually hit them on the break or in transition and score another.

Edited by Danny

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Big question is did you put a bet on it?

I didn't but I did put 1-1 on predictions and had it as my PL draw in another one so I suppose if I'm playing the long game, kind of!

• Upvote 1

I didn't watch the analysis. But apparently Gary Neville thinks 'if they finish 5th it would be an incredible result. If they were to finish above that it would be an absolute miracle.'

It was an extremely frustrating draw, mainly to know that guff goes through the roof & only stops with 3 points at Old Trafford. But higher than 5th, a miracle? Spurs? Newcastle? This present day Man United? This present day Chelsea? A miracle? No. Sorry, but really, just no. Unpredicted & under the radar.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
58 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

I didn't watch the analysis. But apparently Gary Neville thinks 'if they finish 5th it would be an incredible result. If they were to finish above that it would be an absolute miracle.'

It was an extremely frustrating draw, mainly to know that guff goes through the roof & only stops with 3 points at Old Trafford. But higher than 5th, a miracle? Spurs? Newcastle? This present day Man United? This present day Chelsea? A miracle? No. Sorry, but really, just no. Unpredicted & under the radar.

Honestly baffles me how many people swallow this sort of rubbish as well.

Quite surprised by the negativity ive seen online after the Brighton game. Brighton are a really good team and produced the best movement I've seen against us all season. It felt inevitable they'd draw when they put on a focal point in Danny Welbeck but it took a magnificent header and it's a good point.

• Subscriber

Don't fancy us today. Fatigue and injuries starting to take their toll on the squad, along with a bit of deflation from the cup exit. I'd have given us a chance at Spurs a couple of weeks ago but we're probably coming out of what will be one of our best runs of the season into a bit of a dip and Spurs have just had their dip and are starting to recapture their form.

• The topic was unpinned