talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 32 - 6-7th April 2024

3 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Spurs last 7: Newcastle (a) Arsenal (h) Chelsea (a) Liverpool (a) Burnley (h) Sheff United (a) & to be arranged Man City (h) 

Villa's last 6: Arsenal (a) Bournemouth (h) Chelsea (h) Brighton (a) Liverpool (h) Palace (a)

We will try do you a solid

• Administrator

Chelsea de ja vu as what happened against Burnley. 2-2 against a relegation threatened side. Not good enough for them. 

Liverpool lucky with the draw. It was definitely a dive.

Only 1 point between the top 3 now. Man City's run in looks simple. Can't see where they'd drop points. Bit more difficult for Liverpool but we definitely have more difficult fixtures.

Not sure I can remember a season with 3 title challengers at this stage.

59 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

We will try do you a solid

4th feels difficult to call. The optimist in me sees Spurs only favourites in 2 of their games & entirely capable of losing the next 4. While the form & my pessimistic side tells me not to count on 9 points from Bournemouth, Brighton & Palace. And that Spurs will somehow do better against top half sides.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Liverpool were Kelleher's fingertips away from possibly losing that game,   If Kelleher saved that Fernandez shot he would have been red carded,  not sure who the third keeper is and who would have come off but that was inches away from a absolute disaster. 

Yeah I thought this on the replay. It looked like he got a touch on it but he was outside the area. Probably a red card if he ends up preventing the goal and then a draw at best anyway for Liverpool and presumably their 3rd choice goalkeeper in the next game.

• Subscriber

Chelsea have dropped points against Burnley and Sheffield United now. I really hope we don't play like garbage down there next weekend while Luton go to Man City because there's something to be had there.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Also on Bruno's goal. If Allison is playing, I don't think he get's beat there, no way. Just saying.

If Ali isn't injured everyone is smoking cigars today and taking a tie with United while being away from the rest of the pack. I don't think we concede half as much with him in goal and our backline gets their act together sharpish. 

• Subscriber

Genuine question - does anyone, be they United, Liverpool or neutral fans, actually enjoy it when they put Neville and Carragher on commentary for this fixture? Neither of them are remotely capable of staying impartial although Neville at least remembers to take a step away from the microphone when they score, you can still hear it.

It just comes off as really unprofessional to be honest. Sacrificing insight so that they can post "reaction videos" of them both in the commentary box. I assume this is a symptom of having hundreds of millions of Liverpool and United fans ("fans") across the world watching the game but just wondering whether there's any reason to actually like it. Having them in the studio for me is fine but I want my co-commentators to bring some insight. The fans in the stadium provide enough "reactions" to what's going on. You don't need biased pundits to do the same.

• Administrator
Just now, RandoEFC said:

Genuine question - does anyone, be they United, Liverpool or neutral fans, actually enjoy it when they put Neville and Carragher on commentary for this fixture? Neither of them are remotely capable of staying impartial although Neville at least remembers to take a step away from the microphone when they score, you can still hear it

Not particularly. I don't really like it when they do their own teams' games outside of this fixture anyway. Used to be able to tolerate them but they can't keep their biases to one side for very long. 

Carragher is worse but Neville is only ever vocal when Man Utd lose or get battered. He's very quiet when they're doing okay in a game. 

Rather just have them both in the studio. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Not particularly. I don't really like it when they do their own teams' games outside of this fixture anyway. Used to be able to tolerate them but they can't keep their biases to one side for very long. 

Carragher is worse but Neville is only ever vocal when Man Utd lose or get battered. He's very quiet when they're doing okay in a game. 

Rather just have them both in the studio. 

Neville is a City and Liverpool arse licker.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah I thought this on the replay. It looked like he got a touch on it but he was outside the area. Probably a red card if he ends up preventing the goal and then a draw at best anyway for Liverpool and presumably their 3rd choice goalkeeper in the next game.

I think at that point Kelleher is thinking, do I get lobbed from the halfway line and look stupid or do I get sent off and look stupid but maybe the team hangs on and it gets branded a strategic sending off.

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I think at that point Kelleher is thinking, do I get lobbed from the halfway line and look stupid or do I get sent off and look stupid but maybe the team hangs on and it gets branded a strategic sending off.

I think he's just thinking 'shall I try and save the ball from going into the goal?'...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, OrangeKhrush said:

He was way outside the area,  if he handled it, it would have ben a straight red.

Honestly might have been better as we'd just have gone incredibly defensive to try to protect the 1-0 lead. The downside would be needing to rely on Adrian for the next match - unless Alisson is back by then (but I don't think he will be).

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Honestly might have been better as we'd just have gone incredibly defensive to try to protect the 1-0 lead. The downside would be needing to rely on Adrian for the next match - unless Alisson is back by then (but I don't think he will be).

That is why I said he may have tried to get a tactical red as it would still have been 0-1 and still in control. 

2 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

That is why I said he may have tried to get a tactical red as it would still have been 0-1 and still in control. 

Not like it matters, he didn't get to it and I don't blame him for the loss. Bad moment from Quansah who had a pretty good game otherwise, but I fully blame the loss on Diaz, Salah, and Nunez. We had the chances to win.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

He was way outside the area,  if he handled it, it would have ben a straight red.

My point being is that he's instinctly gone to save it. I doubt he's weighed up the thoughts you've mentioned. 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Not like it matters, he didn't get to it and I don't blame him for the loss. Bad moment from Quansah who had a pretty good game otherwise, but I fully blame the loss on Diaz, Salah, and Nunez. We had the chances to win.

That Nunez moment was a bit of a wtf moment. 

• The topic was unpinned