• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Star Wars

football forum

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with most of @Tsubasa points.

I think the writers wrote Rey, Kylo and Luke plot at first,  and then added the other characters to it,  giving them an unbelievably pointless, senseless subplot. I mean,  you can track a spaceship through hyperspace but can't overtake it and get to the other side to attack?  You can't use your attack ships on it,  and instead just stupidly follow?

Phasma again was criminally wasted.  Gwendolyn deserves better. General Hux is such a terribly acted character. He seems like a villain from poorly dubbed B movies. Also,  don't really get the fuss about porgs.

Having said that, this was much much better than the Force Awakens. I also loved that entire scene with Rey and Kylo, from the point he brought her to Snoke to the fight over that single light saber. 

PS: I am finally happy with Adam Driver. Thought he was brilliant. 

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I haven't seen any of the "new" Star Wars. Am I not a cool kid?

Neither have I. I was actually meaning to rewatch the whole thing and catch up on the new ones, but just can't find the time for it.

It was very Liverpool v Man Utd. Massive hype and then extremely underwhelming.

They should have delved more into Snoke's character. Leia should have died. I thought there would be a more significant twist on the topic of Rey's Parent's. Kylo Ren and Rey should have had the opportunity for a second 'face off' (after Force Awakens). Why didn't they mention more about the Knights of Ren that they mentioned in Force Awakens? Phasma was a complete waste, and actually very hard done by with the script. I would have liked to see BB8 and the evil droid face off. 

And General Hux is very hard to take seriously when he looks like one of the Weasley brothers.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It was very Liverpool v Man Utd. Massive hype and then extremely underwhelming.

They should have delved more into Snoke's character. Leia should have died. I thought there would be a more significant twist on the topic of Rey's Parent's. Kylo Ren and Rey should have had the opportunity for a second 'face off' (after Force Awakens). Why didn't they mention more about the Knights of Ren that they mentioned in Force Awakens? Phasma was a complete waste, and actually very hard done by with the script. I would have liked to see BB8 and the evil droid face off. 

And General Hux is very hard to take seriously when he looks like one of the Weasley brothers.

i wonder if it didn't happen then got taken out off the final edit. With the way they seemed to target each other (or the evil droid target BB8 more so) it looked like they were going to have their own little battle.

Spoilers ahead. 

I was let down. Really let down. This film has been overrated by so many people, and it's nowhere near the best star wars film. 

Luke was not Luke, the writing did a massive disservice to the character. The way he died was shite and all. 

Kylo and Rey had a good plot but I was disappointed with the reveal of her parents, and then how they made Kylo look stupid after he just outwitted snoke. 

Snoke was pointless, was the plan to kill him off without knowing anything about him?? What a waste.

Finn was wasted on a shitty subplot alongside a character I gave zero fucks about. Same goes for Poe. Abrams needs to keep those two together for the third film because they have great chemistry. 

Leia should have died. Makes no sense to bring her into the third. Carrie Fisher being gone means so horrible CG hackjob like Rogue One. I'm not looking forward to that one bit. The part where she floated back was fucking stupid too. 

Phasma was wasted. For all the promise of a bigger roll she ended up with the same amount of screen time as the last one. 

The highlight was seeing Yoda again, had a big smile on my face over that. I liked some of the humour too, though it was misplaced massively at times. 

I actually rate it lower than TFA after the first viewing, maybe that'll change but I doubt it much. Hopefully the next one actually gives some of the secondary characters something to do. I feel the main plot is massively predictable but I'll still be paying my 6 quid for it. Always will for Star Wars. 

Ps: Daisy Ridley is fit.

Hard to disagree with Luke not being Luke. Sure you feel that it has been many years and he has understandably changed due to the events with Kylo, but I felt it wasn't executed well and it just didn't feel right. 

This whole new saga has been worse than the prequels for me. The films are better made but I just see this as fan service. There is such a lack of originality to add new plots and instead recycle older ones and change them up slightly. It's just difficult to take seriously.

I do like the Last Jedi I'll admit but for 2 main reasons - it made fleet battles watchable and began killing off recycled plots. Snoke is my least favourite character of them all. Gives disservice to the Emperor.

I don't think anyone can complain about Luke dying the way he did. Star Wars has been killing off characters for silly reasons for a long time. Yoda and Padme the biggest example.

5 hours ago, Blue said:

Hide contents

I don't think anyone can complain about Luke dying the way he did. Star Wars has been killing off characters for silly reasons for a long time. Yoda and Padme the biggest example.

How did Yoda die for silly reasons? He was 900 years old

6 hours ago, Tsubasa said:

Reveal hidden contents

How did Yoda die for silly reasons? He was 900 years old

some could argue he chose to die when Luke came around. That or he held on, much more sense than the Padme death anyhow.

I saw it on the release date and I still don't know if I liked it or not. With what happened I don't think ill be in a rush to watch the third film.

I do feel sorry for the scriptwriters. Based on criticisms of the last two films the fan base want a nostalgic film that's not similar to the previous ones and they want homeage to be paid to the original cast whilst doing something surprising like killing an original cast member. It's a lose lose situation.

I think the main problem is that everything is so predictable. They're not daring enough. Funnily enough I've been watching Episode III again the other day, and I somehow appreciate it more after seeing the sequels. At least it got shit done, even when most of the dialogue is absolute garbage. And it had awesome lightsaber fights. 

I came out thinking it was good but as I’ve sat back I’ve got a few issues with it as a whole. 

Phasma was a waste. 

Luke was wasted.

I just don’t buy this Finn & Rey being badass overnight. 

Po gets on my tits. 

Leia’s space walk was silly. 

Snoak was a waste. 

Where the rest of the knights of Ren?

Small gripe but fuck it I’ll say it as it tickled away at the back of my skull. I felt uncomfortable with the fact all the resistance are women or ethnics and the first order are all white humans. It’s Hollywood creeping in with their politics and it’s just become tiresome. 

Plus side I liked Rose, Finn ordinarily was boring she’s made his character better. 

Luke at the end actually worked for me, still wasted overall. 

Nice R2 & Luke scene, plus Yoda! 

Actually liked the cat & mouse plot between the FO & the Rebals. 

6/10 

weaker than Rogue one but on par with 7 & the first 3. 

4,5&6 & Rogue one are some way ahead. 

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think I'm just going to pretend the original trilogy are the only ones ever made.

Episode III wasn't bad at all, except for the cheesy dialogue. 

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Episode III wasn't bad at all, except for the cheesy dialogue. 

The only part I liked of the prequels was the podracing in the first one + the lightsabre fights. I'm not sure I can stomach whats his fucking face playing Anakin again... although they did find an equally, if not more irritating, person to play Kylo Ren.

Archived