• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
8 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I turned after Burnley. I'm not usuallu one to change based on one result but it's the complete unwillingness to change anything that just proves we're going nowhere under him. No positives these last two fixtures.

Rooney penalty possibly saves Koemans job. Fuck sake.

Some frightening similarities to how I feel about us. Before September I was defending Shakespeare no end. Right now I think he's a a dead man walking.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dan said:

Some frightening similarities to how I feel about us. Before September I was defending Shakespeare no end. Right now I think he's a a dead man walking.

Not seen an awful lot of Leicester this season but looking at results and his dispensability to the club I'd put my money on him being gone next after Koeman hopefully leaves. Shakespeare hasn't had the investment Bilic has had in him or Koeman's CV to buy him extra time, can't imagine he's got a huge contract to be paid off either relative to other Premier League managers. In fact if you lot were to lose tomorrow night, given that our board will probably dither over Koeman until the seasons a complete write off like they did with Martinez, I can see Shakespeare beating him to it.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, 6666 said:

This has nothing to do with the game yesterday.... but that Harvey Price looking cunt, Troy Deeney, was let out of prison too early.

For being honest?

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Not seen an awful lot of Leicester this season but looking at results and his dispensability to the club I'd put my money on him being gone next after Koeman hopefully leaves. Shakespeare hasn't had the investment Bilic has had in him or Koeman's CV to buy him extra time, can't imagine he's got a huge contract to be paid off either relative to other Premier League managers. In fact if you lot were to lose tomorrow night, given that our board will probably dither over Koeman until the seasons a complete write off like they did with Martinez, I can see Shakespeare beating him to it.

The results, whilst not good, aren't disastrous - four defeats all against sides you'd expect us to lose to (although we should've taken something from both Arsenal and Liverpool in my eyes), two away draws and a win over Brighton.

The away draws, Huddersfield and Bournemouth, were the two main reasons I've lost faith in him. To go to Huddersfield and play such negative, disorganised football, see us fluke a point and then go to Bournemouth and do the exact same thing is something I can't look past. Trying to bleed positives out of them as well is a worry in my book, I think back to the win over Sunderland in April where we were poor, still won the game but he came out and admitted basically we were crap - now he's searching for positives in two utterly embarrassing performances. It reeks of a man under pressure to me.

It's not all his fault at all, the recruitment let him down as usual, but he's shown nothing this year to convince me that he'll take us forward. I got it wrong.

Tomorrow night is the last chance for me. If there isn't a significant and noticeable improvement then get someone new in before we get bogged down in a relegation battle that our investment shouldn't have put us in. This season's been a catalogue of errors so far.

12 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

To think that everyone were saying that Pep couldn't pull out scorelines of this nature in England and it was only possible due to "weak defenders" in La Liga. Now that he has started to find his preferred type of players, it's all coming together for him. Very dangerous side. City have started strongly a lot over the years before fading, but I could see them continuing it this season as they have the strongest squad they have ever had and a manager who knows how to win league titles.

We should remember though that we started a thread about city going undefeated last season which was created around this time last year and we know how that turned out. 

It wasn't player quality that was the problem last year it was among many things toughness, ability to last the season,  form against other title rivals, and the ability to bounce back from form slumps. 

City have not yet developed the mentality of being a win machine and that comes from the coach and players that you have and from results. Pep is trying to build that and if he suceeds he will have a dynasty on his hands. 

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. They are still favourites but i think people have been too quick to write off united just because they did a "Standard Mourinho" against Liverpool this weekend. 

13 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

To think that everyone were saying that Pep couldn't pull out scorelines of this nature in England and it was only possible due to "weak defenders" in La Liga. Now that he has started to find his preferred type of players, it's all coming together for him. Very dangerous side. City have started strongly a lot over the years before fading, but I could see them continuing it this season as they have the strongest squad they have ever had and a manager who knows how to win league titles.

Premier League ignorance mate, the Prem was the best because we had a load of average teams struggling to finish high up the table apparently 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Any O'Brien said:

I have to be honest I didn't think Shakespeare was a good appointment. Reminds me of when Glenn Roeder took over us after Souness, great for a few months, breath of fresh air in fact. Only for his full season in charge to be fucking awful. 

Sounds a bit similar. Having been a part of the last few years I thought he'd know exactly the ins and outs were and what needed to be done to take us forward. All he's done so far is tried to cling onto two years ago even though the evidence is showing him it isn't working.

Make changes or be changed.

Although I've very little faith in us anymore. I think we'll be down within three years. Utter shambles off the pitch now.

19 minutes ago, Danny said:

Premier League ignorance mate, the Prem was the best because we had a load of average teams struggling to finish high up the table apparently 

Part of the reason for that though is the competitiveness of all clubs financially in being capable of going in for the same pool of players. 

There's been no obvious best team so top players searching for trophies  have had to pick which club they believe is most likely to succeed,  and they may need to turn down big offers from rival clubs.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Part of the reason for that though is the competitiveness of all clubs financially in being capable of going in for the same pool of players. 

There's been no obvious best team so top players searching for trophies  have had to pick which club they believe is most likely to succeed,  and they may need to turn down big offers from rival clubs.

It's not though. Chelsea, City and United have all proven they can spend more than the rest. Compare Liverpool and Arsenal to City, United and Chelsea. They're miles apart. Clubs were just buying poorly.

4 hours ago, Danny said:

It's not though. Chelsea, City and United have all proven they can spend more than the rest. Compare Liverpool and Arsenal to City, United and Chelsea. They're miles apart. Clubs were just buying poorly.

There was an information that clubs that spent over 1 billion are Chelsea, City, United and Liverpool yet only Liverpool didn't win the title? Not sure if there is truth in that.

Decent point yesterday though I wasn't really impressed by Southampton and we did gift them two goals, that penalty was stupid by Lejueune, he was going nowhere.

Palace, Burnley & Bournemouth up next. Good chance to pick up some more points.

18 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Can't see the video

It seems the authorities have deleted the video...  But Xhaka picking his nose while an attack is happening has made all of Europe's sports press as something rather unusual to be mild! xD

We definitely have a unique team. :ph34r:

9 hours ago, Dan said:

Sounds a bit similar. Having been a part of the last few years I thought he'd know exactly the ins and outs were and what needed to be done to take us forward. All he's done so far is tried to cling onto two years ago even though the evidence is showing him it isn't working.

Make changes or be changed.

Although I've very little faith in us anymore. I think we'll be down within three years. Utter shambles off the pitch now.

Your owners would act before it got to that point I'm sure. 

Another terrible result away, as expected. Bailed out at the end. We're thankful Palace are in the league cos we'd comfortably be the worst if it wasn't for them. 

Big mention for Calvert-Lewin, the best striker in the league. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

If you can't win at home to a Tony Pulis team then it's time to call it a day with football.

I was having a think about this and I'm convinced he's only ever lost here once, as Plymouth manager in 2007.

Have I ever mentioned that we never ever fucking beat these at home.

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 28-30th October 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived