talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Koscielny immense in the first half. Alexis making up for his performance against Man City by really being on it today. Lacazette's movement upfront has pulled Tottenham's defenders all over the place. Please don't fuck this up.

4 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Sensational half from us, Spurs really struggled to cope with our play. Obviously very fortunate with both goals but both very well taken.

Koscielny best player on the pitch, unbelievable performance.

I wouldn’t even say both goals were fortunate. Both tight decisions yes but both legitimate goals. 

Today is why a lot of Arsenal fans get frustrated. All the pieces are there for us to compete but we never do, not right to the end.

Anyway fair play to Wenger and the boys an absolutely brilliant performance. I said before the difference for us would be Alexis and Özil turning up and they certainly did. Very pleased with that today.

Great counter attacking display in the second half. Only complaint is we didn't make use of the chances, Lloris saved them more than a few times. Koscielny, Mustafi, Xhaka, Ozil and Alexis all had stand out games where everyone performed well.

Have to say this again calls into question if the Spurs manager has it to win major games & trophy's.  The decision he didnt make correctly today is his inclusion of Kane who was not fit. No question on that. He was a shadow of the player he normally is and judging by the strapping on his leg, he may well rival the number of injections Jones allegedly had for England in the week.

I understand there are some who are saying Ali was not fit either. Gambling with one unfit player from the start one can understand.... Two? That's poor management for me.

Arsenal on the other hand..... Who the hell were those guys? Not seen them in a Arsenal shirt for a long time, but congratulations where its due... Outstanding performance.

I wonder if we will see that again this season from them?

Spurs cost me money today. :dam:

Archived