talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Inverted said:

It is a bit sad that Spurs had a period in which they arguably had the best team in the country but blew two title races 

With the top teams getting their act together more, their opportunity certainly seems to have passed.

Well to be fair they were only in a serious title race with Leicester, but i understand your point

• Subscriber

Ugh we're shit again. 

Not really but that was Tottenham of old.

How we've lost that I'm not really sure but we're carrying people right now and missing Toby and Wanyama badly. 

Leicester had two shots on target and scored two worldies. Really hard to compensate for. Despite that though, we missed two absolute sitters, two other guilt edge chances, and should have had a penalty in the last minute. Only team in the league not to have one this season and this was blatant.

Eriksen has been shocking since that Denmark game. We are carrying Alli and him right now. Neither can string a pass together in the final third. Sissoko is still a massive turd. Dembele is done. Aurier is nowhere near Walker's level right now.

Very frustrating but despite all that we should never have lost that game, highway robbery and another awful ref bottling it at the end. Kane is incredible, the rest of them completely off colour.

Only positive today was Lamela returning after over a year out. Boy do we need him. Great cameo and assist and hopefully he will offer us so much more and we can drop Eriksen or Alli.

Beating an apathetic Real Madrid and a shit Borussia Dortmund has papered over the cracks at Tottenham this season. 1 win in their last 5 league games. Imagine not winning anything as a club since 2008 and never winning anything as a manager but still thinking you're too big for domestic cups. Shambles of a club protected by the media.

• Subscriber

That was the tensest game since Sevilla. Fucking hell. Rode our luck in the second half, and Spurs had a very strong, late penalty shout which I'd like to see back again, but what a fantastic win that is, best of the season.

2 minutes ago, shut up said:

I reckon the clubs currently occupying the top four will be there come the end of the season, just not sure about the order. Tottenham are finished. Liverpool are too inconsistent.

IF Arsenal win the next 2 games then that is a big chance of that.     

4 minutes ago, shut up said:

I reckon the clubs currently occupying the top four will be there come the end of the season, just not sure about the order. Tottenham are finished. Liverpool are too inconsistent.

So are we to be fair. xD

Man City, Chelsea & Man Utd are the 3 I expect to make up the top 3. The rest of the teams mentioned before the season, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool & Everton to fight it out for the final spot. :ph34r:

• Subscriber
Just now, VanPaddy said:

Alderweireld is a massive miss for Spurs, their defence looks lost without him,  he is a rock.    

Yeah he is, I'd agree with that, Vardy completely out-thought them for the first and the second was just absolute quality from Mahrez although he seemed to be largely unchallenged.

That game was like the Chelsea win in December 2015 all over again. Superb first hour from us but we dropped off more and more and eventually scraped it.

I do think however we're a work in progress. Still adapting to a tweaked way of playing and that's what I wanted from Puel. Retained our threat on the break whilst getting a bit better on the ball, although we lost our heads a little bit late on I thought. Left back is a concern in those situations and Choudhury coming on was unbelievable - admirable in a way but I don't know if it's because he's seeing a big future for him or because he's so short on defensive midfielders that he had little other option.

Iborra's a fantastic signing for us by the way. Clears nearly everything yet hardly ever gives the ball away.

Archived