• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

Morata

Hazard----------Pedro

Alonso----------Bakayoko----Kante---------Moses

Rudiger-----Christensen----Azpilicueta

Courtois

We approach this game with the same attitude and intensity as we did against Atletico, should be 3 points for us. Lot expected from Pedro given the rest he's had 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Morata

Hazard----------Pedro

Alonso----------Bakayoko----Kante---------Moses

Rudiger-----Christensen----Azpilicueta

Courtois

We approach this game with the same attitude and intensity as we did against Atletico, should be 3 points for us. Lot expected from Pedro given the rest he's had 

Think we will start like that, the team and formation did well against Atletico apart from Cesc he was awful. If he starts on Saturday we will be in trouble 

1 minute ago, True Blue said:

Think we will start like that, the team and formation did well against Atletico apart from Cesc he was awful. If he starts on Saturday we will be in trouble 

He played almost 3 games in a week, he will definitely be sidelined for this one. Pedro and Moses should be causing problems on the right flank with Mendy out. 

Just now, Cicero said:

He played almost 3 games in a week, he will definitely be sidelined for this one. Pedro and Moses should be causing problems on the right flank with Mendy out. 

Drinkwater should be back after the International break and give the midfield a boost for rotation. I would be tempted to start Willian ahead of Pedro, but he proved to be a better super sub rather than to start.

2 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Drinkwater should be back after the International break and give the midfield a boost for rotation. I would be tempted to start Willian ahead of Pedro, but he proved to be a better super sub rather than to start.

Willlian deserves anything but a start. Been awful so far this season. His brain just switches off when we are in the final 3rd. So fucking odd for a Brasilian. 

• Subscriber

A big game for us, and a big game for Shakespeare me thinks.

I think we along with Everton have had the hardest set of fixtures in the league so far. But still, 4 points from 6 games isn't good enough, and you couldn't cling onto the "will beat all the middling sides" if you saw the performance away at Huddersfield.

We should be going for the win in this for me. Bournemouth have started awfully and are there for the taking. We do often struggle against them though.

Shakespeare needs to grow a pair and start attacking teams from the off again. I think that Arsenal game has gotten into his head a bit. We've been very negative in most of the games since. It's like the faith in our ability to attack shown in his first few games in charge has completely vanished and we wait until we're a goal or two down before really getting at them. We're becoming plucky losers. Not good enough.

My hope is he goes to Bournemouth tomorrow, gets straight on the front foot at their leaky defence and gets the game won.

My worry is we sit back, invite trouble, inevitably concede and then fail to come back when we finally go at them. If the latter happens then I'll concede he isn't the man, as it'll confirm Huddersfield wasn't a blip.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Can't see City beating this Chelsea team with the current form they are in. If this game was about a month ago I'd say City wins it comfortably but not right now. 

I would like to think we will give them a good go, Its a real test this one. They seem to be banging them in from all corners of the pitch at the moment and their front line will be a massive handful for us at the back.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I would like to think we will give them a good go, Its a real test this one. They seem to be banging them in from all corners of the pitch at the moment and their front line will be a massive handful for us at the back.

I think they share the same problem as you do but I have more faith in your backline than I do in theirs. It really all boils down to who dominates the midfield and lets the front-line put pressure on the oppositions backline. I peg you'll to be slightly better in that department from a defensive standpoint.

5 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I think they share the same problem as you do but I have more faith in your backline than I do in theirs. It really all boils down to who dominates the midfield and lets the front-line put pressure on the oppositions backline. I peg you'll to be slightly better in that department from a defensive standpoint.

If we can be as focused and fluid as we were on Tuesday then it should be a cracking game, Our closing down against Atletico was excellent and more of the same for this game will be needed. If we can keep pressure on them and be as creative in front of goal as we were on Tuesday then maybe. I don't think their back line has been tested much at all yet by anyone because they are normally to busy trying to defend against their forward play. If we can mop that up we just need to be tucking away any chances that come our way and making them count.. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

If we can be as focused and fluid as we were on Tuesday then it should be a cracking game, Our closing down against Atletico was excellent and more of the same for this game will be needed. If we can keep pressure on them and be as creative in front of goal as we were on Tuesday then maybe. I don't think their back line has been tested much at all yet by anyone because they are normally to busy trying to defend against their forward play. If we can mop that up we just need to be tucking away any chances that come our way and making them count.. 

No its hasn't. When we were applying pressure in the first half of our game against them you  could see cracks and I think you'll will test them today. 

Archived