• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Where Will This Team Be in 5 Years?

Recommended Posts

similar style to 'how big is this club' thread and other threads on here. 

Say a team, next poster states where they might be in 5 years time i.e. what division, what silverware they might win in that time-frame etc.

I'll start with EVERTON.

Go, bitches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After back to back relegation's, Everton will have consolidated in the Championship after winning promotion from League 1 at the first attempt. Still in their wooden ground

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A blatant Everton vulture fest so far but I'm not rising to it because we just aren't worth defending at the moment.

In five years Everton will be treading water outside the top six, with a better chance of getting in there than anyone else but not actually doing it. We will also have reached a semi final in each of the League Cup and the FA Cup before losing each one to one of the big six.

The next club is BOURNEMOUTH...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bournemouth

Back in the Championship, after relegation from the Premier League in the next year or two and in that area of the table where they're not mid-table mediocrity but they're not quite challenging for the play-off's. If the Russian investors are involved still, it wouldn't surprise me if they have a new ground in the pipeline as Dean Court is currently very small and reduces the amount of revenue they could be making on a matchday. 

The next one...Manchester City

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man City will probably have won the league a couple of times and probably even the Champions League too.

The next club is one that hasn't been mentioned yet, Everton Football Club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Danny said:

Man City will probably have won the league a couple of times and probably even the Champions League too.

The next club is one that hasn't been mentioned yet, Everton Football Club

Everton FC

Already been done but if the Sam Allardyce story is true then mediocrity is where Everton will end up shrouded in...  Too many strange decisions have been made for a club with so much potential that resides in a world renowned footballing city. 

Arsenal FC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Everton FC

Already been done but if the Sam Allardyce story is true then mediocrity is where Everton will end up shrouded in...  Too many strange decisions have been made for a club with so much potential that resides in a world renowned footballing city. 

Arsenal FC

In 4th

Belgian national team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back in their box having looked promising at a major tournament or two before coming up against a decent team with a semblance of tactics and cohesion and getting knocked out before sniffing a final.

 

Aston Villa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RandoEFC said:

Back in their box having looked promising at a major tournament or two before coming up against a decent team with a semblance of tactics and cohesion and getting knocked out before sniffing a final.

 

Aston Villa

Back in the Premier League, finishing in mid-table for the 2nd year running. Probably with someone like Vincent Janssen leading the line.

BOLTON

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Stan said:

Back in the Premier League, finishing in mid-table for the 2nd year running. Probably with someone like Vincent Janssen leading the line.

BOLTON

In the Championship, steady but avoiding relegation battles. Decent sized club that shouldn't be in League One.

BRIGHTON

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back in The Championship after a couple of years of Premiership football and a very good cup run in the process.

Leeds United.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the National League with ever decreasing crowds due to onfield performances and due to West Ham being over the road. Nigel Travis will be in his 70's then and even though he's a fan, how long will he want to finance a club? I'm not sure. 

CELTIC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winning all three Scottish trophies each season and finishing bottom of their Champions League group.

Rangers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still winning league titles, getting knocked out in Champions League, either qualifying stage or group stage.

RANGERS

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Underachieving and underwhelming. Various different owners and managers. The same Rangers legends bleating about how the club need to employ people that know the club even though three previous players had failed in five years.

A.C. Milan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AC Milan

After spending tons of money for the next four to five years, they'll eventually get it right in the manner most cash injected clubs do which is to buy their way back into power. They'll be sharing that power domestically though!

England national team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

AC Milan

After spending tons of money for the next four to five years, they'll eventually get it right in the manner most cash injected clubs do which is to buy their way back into power. They'll be sharing that power domestically though!

England national team

5 years from now would be after the (Qatar) World Cup. England will be top of their qualification group after a dismal World Cup qualifying campaign in the summer just gone :D 

Man Utd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

5 years from now would be after the (Qatar) World Cup. England will be top of their qualification group after a dismal World Cup qualifying campaign in the summer just gone :D 

Man Utd

This is a very interesting one with Manchester United because I'm pretty sure Mourinho expected to be a lot closer in the title race than he is after the humongous investment the club have made in players. If Manchester City win the title this year and United fail to make a serious mark on the Champions League, I would say that from here on in within the next five years United will be in disarray after having placed so much financial resources in Mourinho's plan.

Olympique Marseille

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Midling French team. Could have one or two good seasons on the back overperforming players, will under sell domestic youth players (Mendy) and will look insularly towards mediocre French players like Cabella and Evra.

A tricky question but 'Barcelona B'? In the sense of prospects and promotions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read through all of that and I'm left with the fucking Barcelona ressies?

I'll let Balon have that one.

AFC Fylde.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Spike said:

Midling French team. Could have one or two good seasons on the back overperforming players, will under sell domestic youth players (Mendy) and will look insularly towards mediocre French players like Cabella and Evra.

A tricky question but 'Barcelona B'? In the sense of prospects and promotions.

'B' teams can't be promoted to La Liga (Spain's top division) if that's what you're asking mate. They're doing quite well considering most of them are kids playing against men in a division that is very different because it's not very Spanish La Liga 1|2|3... It's very physical and that's where young players' technical prowess becomes more acute for the future. Those that make it through there are ready for most things. Under Luís Enrique some years back before he took the AS Roma job he had a chance to win Spain's second division even though they wouldn't have been promoted. There are some very interesting young players making headlines this season for Barça 'B'

7 hours ago, Dan said:

AFC Fylde.

I had to Google that as I thought it was either a new sexually transmitted disease that was making the headlines or if indeed connected to football, then maybe a Scandinavian club?

They're in the Conference from what I understand and it's too early on a Saturday morning for me to read past that detail mate. :ph34r:

Go Ahead Eagles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I had to Google that as I thought it was either a new sexually transmitted disease that was making the headlines or if indeed connected to football, then maybe a Scandinavian club?

They're in the Conference from what I understand and it's too early on a Saturday morning for me to read past that detail mate. :ph34r:

Go Ahead Eagles

sounds like the cure for the sexually transmitted disease you thought Fylde was.

All I know is that they play in the Dutch first  division. Hopefully their names gets them to where they need to be and that's in the Eredivisie. Go ahead!

INTER MILAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked AFC Fylde solely on the basis that they're a club who have flown up the leagues with a target set years ago to make the Football League by 2022,, something they're likely to beat I'd say.

Inter Milan will be around 4th in Italy. A bit of a guess, mind.

Newcastle United.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They'll stabilise after the takeover. They'll be a solid mid-table team that overspends for what being mid-table is worth. They'll maybe sacrifice coming 7th for 14th for an FA Cup run one year. Big contracts for mediocre players but they won't repeat the same 'French revolution' they did before. They'll be all the more stable if they keep Rafa around.

Atletico Madrid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/12/2017 at 18:10, Spike said:

They'll stabilise after the takeover. They'll be a solid mid-table team that overspends for what being mid-table is worth. They'll maybe sacrifice coming 7th for 14th for an FA Cup run one year. Big contracts for mediocre players but they won't repeat the same 'French revolution' they did before. They'll be all the more stable if they keep Rafa around.

Atletico Madrid.

Atletico Madrid

Third in La Liga and just about to buy back a quality player of old who left to win stuff but has fallen out with his new club and wants to come “home”. 

Ajax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Atletico Madrid

Third in La Liga and just about to buy back a quality player of old who left to win stuff but has fallen out with his new club and wants to come “home”. 

Ajax

Will win the Dutch league a couple of times, gets relegated to the europa league after finishing bottom of the group or losing the playoffs.Their young players will get poched by bigger clubs.

SL Benfica

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement