• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
Harvsky

Apple Admit They Slow Down Older iPhones

Recommended Posts

I FUCKING KNEW IT

The bastards. I had an iPhone 4 for bloody years till it was nigh unusable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apple products are a pile of shit, if they are not blowing up they are fucking up jamming and being a pain in the arse!!  ...my kids all have ipads but i've upgraded them to Galaxy Android Tabs this Christmas because i'm sick of things going wrong with them  ..as for phones you are better off with Samsung

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know that all this comes from a team of pretty incompetent engineers when you see this kind of news come out. Slowing down clock cycles to spare the battery? Who in this engineering age does shit like this and we all even know why they did it but thats still inexcusable. Their ecosystem imo is unmatched out there when it comes to phones and how they work with other services but their policy (which used to be good) on how phones operate and their lifespan has all gone down the hole ever since the iPhone 5s. Its the wild-wild-west at Apple right now in the mobile eco-space and its best to stay away from it for about two years till they stabilize. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

notsurprisedkirk.jpg

It's Apple. What do you expect? 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Apple products are a pile of shit, if they are not blowing up they are fucking up jamming and being a pain in the arse!!  ...my kids all have ipads but i've upgraded them to Galaxy Android Tabs this Christmas because i'm sick of things going wrong with them  ..as for phones you are better off with Samsung

Only phones that are known to blow up are samsung devices.

android tablets are awful on personal experience. Ipads are head and shoulders above the comp right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huawei master race! 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

Only phones that are known to blow up are samsung devices.

android tablets are awful on personal experience. Ipads are head and shoulders above the comp right now.

Disagree with all of that

Apple to investigate iPhone 7 that 'blew uphttp://mashable.com/2017/02/23/exploding-iphone-7-plus-video/#rCWDEHSn7qqm

Horrifying moment a man's iPhone EXPLODES in his hand  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4318066/iPhone-blows-Queensland-repair-store.html

Apple looking into reports iPhone 7 exploded while owner was asleep http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/02/24/apple-looking-reports-iphone-7-exploded-owner-asleep/

Apple investigating iPhone 7 that caught fire and blew up  http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/02/24/apple-investigating-iphone-7-that-caught-fire-and-blew-up.html

Apple iPhones are 'now EXPLODING' - should you be worried? https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/719587/Apple-iPhone-Explode-Battery

iPhone explodes and catches fire in a student’s back pocket       http://bgr.com/2016/10/03/iphone-explosion-fire-6-plus-student-pocket/

 

Plus 1000's more cases, i could do this all day, chuck your iphone in the bin before it harms you and join the master race on Samsung Galaxy B|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Disagree with all of that

Apple to investigate iPhone 7 that 'blew uphttp://mashable.com/2017/02/23/exploding-iphone-7-plus-video/#rCWDEHSn7qqm

Horrifying moment a man's iPhone EXPLODES in his hand  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4318066/iPhone-blows-Queensland-repair-store.html

Apple looking into reports iPhone 7 exploded while owner was asleep http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/02/24/apple-looking-reports-iphone-7-exploded-owner-asleep/

Apple investigating iPhone 7 that caught fire and blew up  http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/02/24/apple-investigating-iphone-7-that-caught-fire-and-blew-up.html

Apple iPhones are 'now EXPLODING' - should you be worried? https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/719587/Apple-iPhone-Explode-Battery

iPhone explodes and catches fire in a student’s back pocket       http://bgr.com/2016/10/03/iphone-explosion-fire-6-plus-student-pocket/

 

Plus 1000's more cases, i could do this all day, chuck your iphone in the bin before it harms you and join the master race on Samsung Galaxy B|

sure there can be cases of a few issues but there were no iphone recalls like with the note 7. Obviously samsung do great phones but nothing works in terms of with all devices like it does with apple products. It's why for stuff like that it's the best in the business. I wish android made more effort with tablets as currently they aren't good enough. Apps are awful and are just blownup verisons of the mobile apps. In terms of passwords and replying to different people on different devices apple is the best for that and until android has a messaging service as good as imessage it can never be my daily driver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

sure there can be cases of a few issues but there were no iphone recalls like with the note 7. Obviously samsung do great phones but nothing works in terms of with all devices like it does with apple products. It's why for stuff like that it's the best in the business. I wish android made more effort with tablets as currently they aren't good enough. Apps are awful and are just blownup verisons of the mobile apps. In terms of passwords and replying to different people on different devices apple is the best for that and until android has a messaging service as good as imessage it can never be my daily driver.

There has been thousands of iphones blowing up, alot more than the Samsung battery problem but credit to them for recalling them all instead of what Apple have done by letting customers keep dangerous phones, this thread title shows you what kind of company they are :cardY:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

There has been thousands of iphones blowing up, alot more than the Samsung battery problem but credit to them for recalling them all instead of what Apple have done by letting customers keep dangerous phones, this thread title shows you what kind of company they are :cardY:

No there hasn't, if there was then there would be a recall.The amount that have blown up is a few not thousands at all. Thats a complete myth. It has got no media attention at all. If iphones were blowing up the media would be all up on them to call them out for it. In terms of older devices slowing down on iphones with software updates thats no surprise. There is only so much older devices can handle with new software. Android phones can slow down 3-6 months after use. It's one of my main issues with android devices. They simply slow down over time. Luckily samsung have done a better job of preventing this in the past year or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

No there hasn't

Oh yes there has!   ...they are blowing up all over the shop and have got media attention like posted above, thousands of cases now, Apple is a bad company, bad products :thumbdown:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Happy Blue said:

Oh yes there has!   ...they are blowing up all over the shop and have got media attention like posted above, thousands of cases now, Apple is a bad company, bad products :thumbdown:

I post on macrumours and trust me if this were the case it would be all over on their forums but there hasn't. Anything can blow up but the cases are the amount you can count on your fingers not thousands. Thousands is what samsung went through which could of hurt them badly. Luckily they recovered. Samsung are the only company who have a rep of phones blowing up.

Apple are the most successful tech company in the world who sells millions and millions of devices all year round. So no they aren't a bad company. They sell devices that the public want. Even the £1,000 iphone is selling millions and millions due to people loving their devices. If people didn't they wouldn't buy them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, True Blue said:

Huawei all the way

I like my phones like i like me woman cheap and Asian.

You forgot to mention the "five-years-old" and "second-hand" part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

You forgot to mention the "five-years-old" and "second-hand" part.

Say what

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

I post on macrumours and trust me if this were the case it would be all over on their forums but there hasn't. Anything can blow up but the cases are the amount you can count on your fingers not thousands. Thousands is what samsung went through which could of hurt them badly. Luckily they recovered. Samsung are the only company who have a rep of phones blowing up.

Apple are the most successful tech company in the world who sells millions and millions of devices all year round. So no they aren't a bad company. They sell devices that the public want. Even the £1,000 iphone is selling millions and millions due to people loving their devices. If people didn't they wouldn't buy them.

Do you think Apple are paying people to cover all this up? (not doing a good job btw)   ..they could be in league with ISIS developing the new iphone pocket bomb? o.O  ..you never here of Samsung phones setting on fire, you are getting mixed up, the Apple phone shop near my house burnt down yesterday, crap crap crap!  ..all my kids apple stuff is going in the bin, i couldn't sell it on with a clear conscience

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recall back in 2016 a Samsung model, the Galaxy Note 7 that was forbidden from being taken on flights because of the risk it posed to the aircraft. It’s remarkable they survived the fallout. The US are still drawing a hard line on it. 

the Federal Aviation Administration makes it clear that this change only affects the pre-boarding announcement about the Note 7, but not restrictions on the model itself. “The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 will still be banned on passenger aircraft as well as air cargo aircraft,” the statement reads.

I’m not remotely surprised by Apples admission. My partner worked for EE and it was well known. She says she’s surprised people aren’t aware of it purely because after two years there’s an update that deliberately fucks your battery life to edge customers towards the next model. Planned  obsolescence is something that occurs across all markets. Otherwise businesses would go bust.

As an Apple user I do find their products frustrating, but having switched briefly to Android, I find how poorly regulated the Android market is for apps and the damage it does to the firmware. There’s a real lack of quality alternatives in the mobile market. Apples walled garden is too restrictive and Android is too chaotic. It’s all a bit meh 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Batard said:

I recall back in 2016 a Samsung model, the Galaxy Note 7 that was forbidden from being taken on flights because of the risk it posed to the aircraft. It’s remarkable they survived the fallout. The US are still drawing a hard line on it. 

 

 

I’m not remotely surprised by Apples admission. My partner worked for EE and it was well known. She says she’s surprised people aren’t aware of it purely because after two years there’s an update that deliberately fucks your battery life to edge customers towards the next model. Planned  obsolescence is something that occurs across all markets. Otherwise businesses would go bust.

As an Apple user I do find their products frustrating, but having switched briefly to Android, I find how poorly regulated the Android market is for apps and the damage it does to the firmware. There’s a real lack of quality alternatives in the mobile market. Apples walled garden is too restrictive and Android is too chaotic. It’s all a bit meh 

That is debatable for Apple I think. Under their current model they have amassed $1bn in cash reserves. That is freakish for any company on the planet.

I'm sure they could still have a viable business and allow a few older folk, technophobe's and 2nd hand phone users to stick to a phone they're comfortable with a bit longer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

That is debatable for Apple I think. Under their current model they have amassed $1bn in cash reserves. That is freakish for any company on the planet.

I'm sure they could still have a viable business and allow a few older folk, technophobe's and 2nd hand phone users to stick to a phone they're comfortable with a bit longer. 

They’re an incredibly protective company when it comes to their assets and capital. I’m not the least surprised by their drive towards infinite greed 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing that annoys me most about Apple are those snob users who worship the company's products and its leader with an almost religious reverence. Other than that, your money, your choice. I personally see their products as extremely overpriced fashionable stuff, all presentation no substance with no user freedom whatsoever.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, nudge said:

The thing that annoys me most about Apple are those snob users who worship the company's products and its leader with an almost religious reverence. Other than that, your money, your choice. I personally see their products as extremely overpriced fashionable stuff, all presentation no substance with no user freedom whatsoever.

All very good points, totally agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Apple products are a pile of shit, if they are not blowing up they are fucking up jamming and being a pain in the arse!!  ...my kids all have ipads but i've upgraded them to Galaxy Android Tabs this Christmas because i'm sick of things going wrong with them  ..as for phones you are better off with Samsung

I've just got one of those Huawei p10 64gb as I was due an upgrade and that was one of the phones offered.

It's a good phone to be honest. Does everything I need, has plenty of space, is quick and has a great quality screen. The camera is brilliant as well as is the sound quality on the mp3 player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I've just got one of those Huawei p10 64gb as I was due an upgrade and that was one of the phones offered.

It's a good phone to be honest. Does everything I need, has plenty of space, is quick and has a great quality screen. The camera is brilliant as well as is the sound quality on the mp3 player.

Looks a lot like my Galaxy to be fair, what kind of money are they going for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Looks a lot like my Galaxy to be fair, what kind of money are they going for?

Mine's on contract but I think they go for about £350 at the cheapest.

 

The thing still won't recognise my finger print when I've got gloves on though :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Mine's on contract but I think they go for about £350 at the cheapest.

 

The thing still won't recognise my finger print when I've got gloves on though :ph34r:

xD  ..not a bad price, they all do the same things don't they,  you are just paying for the name with Samsung and Apple etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Do you think Apple are paying people to cover all this up? (not doing a good job btw)   ..they could be in league with ISIS developing the new iphone pocket bomb? o.O  ..you never here of Samsung phones setting on fire, you are getting mixed up, the Apple phone shop near my house burnt down yesterday, crap crap crap!  ..all my kids apple stuff is going in the bin, i couldn't sell it on with a clear conscience

:8_laughing: no wonder they say drugs are bad.

4 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Mine's on contract but I think they go for about £350 at the cheapest.

 

The thing still won't recognise my finger print when I've got gloves on though :ph34r:

android device?

resale value is always awful with android devices. Another reason why it's a bad investment compared to apple devices if people like to buy and sell regularly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

resale value is always awful with android devices. Another reason why it's a bad investment compared to apple devices if people like to buy and sell regularly.

I'd argue that phones aren't really investment properties and the resale value on most phones is pretty poor - yes Apples retain value better, but that's more a product of the whole "status" shite and the Apple branding. If you're buying a phone as an investment, I'm assuming you'd want one would stretch the price you paid for it the longest over time for the life of the phone with you owning it - and there I feel like the best value for money would be getting an Android and keeping it for a longer time because people really don't need to buy new phones just because companies are pushing new models out.

And I'm not surprised Apple's been doing this - I long suspected this when I was still on the Apple train. The iPhone is their biggest seller and they want people to be constantly upgrading, this is a good way to get people to buy new phones... by making their phones progressively shite over time. Printer companies do shite like this too (telling you that toner is low, when there's still plenty of fucking toner left) - but there seems to be more information/3rd party products to get around that sort of crap.

After switching to an Android phone, I've been much happier with my phone overall. They pretty much have all the same features, but with Android there's a fuckload more options to personalise the phone... AND with the Google Surveys you get free money that you can spunk on apps rather than use your actual money, which is pretty cool.

The only reason I'd want some sort of Apple phone/tablet again is for using something like Positive Grid's BIAS FX - because Android devices have much more latency problems if you want to use them with a guitar or shit like that.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement