talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018

football forum

41 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Yeah xD Doubt it will happen though. By the way, would you like Javier H. as Morata's backup? Or do you prefer batshuayi Cicero/Spike?

We literally have no wing backs who can even cross a ball to him. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

We literally have no wing backs who can even cross a ball to him. 

I've been watching goal highlights of Hernandez and his ability to score on through balls is very high. Something that Morata struggles with.

Just now, Cicero said:

Rather we go all out for Icardi. 

Nah, I have faith in Morata to improve with maturity (if he hasn't sorted himself out by this time next year, my faith is over) and Icardi should stay at Inter. Chicharito would be a great second string, though it's a shame that Batshuayi has had such a high and low career with Chelsea so far.

Just now, Spike said:

Nah, I have faith in Morata to improve with maturity (if he hasn't sorted himself out by this time next year, my faith is over) and Icardi should stay at Inter. Chicharito would be a great second string, though it's a shame that Batshuayi has had such a high and low career with Chelsea so far.

I'd like to see us play two up top. Espeicially if Hazard leaves in the summer. 

6 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Icardi refused Real Madrid why in hell would he join us

DId he? I thought the rumor Real were interested was BS 

Morata---Icardi

Barkley-----Arthur

Sandro----------------------Kante---------------Alex Vidal

Rudiger----Christensen---Azpilicueta

Courtois

Boom. Just saved us. 

17 minutes ago, Cicero said:

DId he? I thought the rumor Real were interested was BS 

Morata---Icardi

Barkley-----Arthur

Sandro----------------------Kante---------------Alex Vidal

Rudiger----Christensen---Azpilicueta

Courtois

Boom. Just saved us. 

That’s not a bad fantasy side. Apart from Barkley that is. 

• Subscriber

I can see Walcott being a decent signing for us but one of those who looks class for 6 months in comparison to the shite we already have around then looks ordinary when we raise our expectations again going into a new season.

This season is over for us apart from trying to get 7th. Rather give Lookman the chance, although three managers have had the chance to play him this season and given it a swerve so there must be a reason behind it.

Just now, Burning Gold said:

Sturridge wants to leave so he can play regularly and get in the England squad. We want £30m though, which I can't see anyone paying with how unreliable and inconsistent he's been, plus the money he's on

There may be a panic bid from a club threatened with relegation who are desperate for a striker and feel he’s worth a punt. Other than that though I agree, he will just cost too much money. He’s still a quality goal scorer when fit and from a purely selfish perspective I think we’d be better off keeping him here until the summer as cover for Firmino. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Sturridge wants to leave so he can play regularly and get in the England squad. We want £30m though, which I can't see anyone paying with how unreliable and inconsistent he's been, plus the money he's on

and his injury-proneness. I hate how selfish he can be as well. I know strikers usually are but some use it to good effect. Sturridge doesn't seem to. 

Had one good season aided massively by Suarez and Rodgers' tactics. Sturridge is nothing more than OK and made out of glass. 

Still, you'll get a lot of managers who think they have a magic touch that can keep in fit. Will be loads of interest. 

Just now, HK85 said:

Had one good season aided massively by Suarez and Rodgers' tactics. Sturridge is nothing more than OK and made out of glass. 

Still, you'll get a lot of managers who think they have a magic touch that can keep in fit. Will be loads of interest. 

Ok? His goal scoring record is right up there with the best, goals to minutes. He also broke a Liverpool record by becoming the fastest player to reach 50 goals in our history. 

He was more than ok mate, he’s just extremely injury prone and he’s now literally broken. 

15 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Adam le Fondre is somewhere in the top 5 for that goals to minute ratio. Means nothing. 

It does over a decent stretch of games, of course it does. 

You could simplify it and say he’s started 90 games for us in total and scored 63 goals. 

That, in anyone’s book, is a phenomenal record. 

Just now, HK85 said:

Ah, starts. The good old way of boosting a goalscoring record. 

Well if you add substitute appearances then you have to start taking minutes into consideration and you don’t like that either? 

Christ almighty :dam:

Hes got a very very good goal scoring record. Let’s just leave it that. 

3 minutes ago, HK85 said:

If you only include starts then you should really discount goals scored when came on as a sub. It's all or nothing, my good friend. 

Nope, there’s a really simple way of doing it and that goals to minutes. You don’t like doing that though so.... 

Fuck it anyway, you’re too much hard work this early. 

Exactly, there is a incredibly simple way of doing it. The record in full. 63 goals in 133 appearances. 24 of them goals in a single season of 33 appearances. 

That leaves 39 goals in 100 appearances either side of that good/great/excellent season I mentioned above (he ought to kiss the ground Suarez walks on). 

Which brings me back to my original point, an OK striker. Decent. Up to snuff. 

7 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Exactly, there is a incredibly simple way of doing it. The record in full. 63 goals in 133 appearances. 24 of them goals in a single season of 33 appearances. 

That leaves 39 goals in 100 appearances either side of that good/great/excellent season I mentioned above (he ought to kiss the ground Suarez walks on). 

Which brings me back to my original point, an OK striker. Decent. Up to snuff. 

That’s a horrible way of doing it. You are counting substitute appearances in which he may have only played a couple of minutes, which has been the case quite a few times under Klopp. Still, even with your skewed statistics he still shows as a 1 in 2 striker. 

Even the part where you downplay his contributions without Suarez he scored 39 in 100 (skewed) appearances which again is a very good record. 

Anyway, this is pointless because as I said before, he’s broken. 

Does it matter? He's a good striker, could be greatly effective with the right players around him (Suarez and Sterling for us). We should keep him as cover though until the summer. I've a feeling that there will be a load of loan enquiries from the bottom half clubs instead of full purchase. They won't want to have a 20m striker on high wages going down with them if they drop. 

He hasn't put in the effort, and his body is made of cotton wool. I like him because he never complains and seems to be a good personality in the dressing room, but wouldn't you be if you were on over 100k a week. 

Be interesting to see what happens with him, at one point I was calling for confidence in him adapting to our style of football, but he just doesn't have the energy for it. Shame. 

• The title was changed to Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived