talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018

football forum

6 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Hopefully we bring this Allison fella in. BOUND to be an upgrade on the clowns we have. 

Griezmann would never join us, it's a sideways step. Suarez, I would have back but there are more pressing issues to spend the money on.  

Atletico are several steps higher than Liverpool, mate.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Spike said:

Atletico are several steps higher than Liverpool, mate.

Atlético have had an insane few years thanks to Simeone, but it's possible that they've peaked, and this season is the start of a decline. 

Of course maybe this season is a blip and they'll go back to deep CL runs, but at this very moment Atleti are in the Europa league, and Liverpool are in the CL knockouts. 

43 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Atlético have had an insane few years thanks to Simeone, but it's possible that they've peaked, and this season is the start of a decline. 

Of course maybe this season is a blip and they'll go back to deep CL runs, but at this very moment Atleti are in the Europa league, and Liverpool are in the CL knockouts. 

It's unfair to compare the quality of the teams based on knock-out competitions. What players from Liverpool would imporve Atletico and vice-versa? I'd say that maybe van Dijk, Can, and maybe Salah (if he can handle Simeone's running, unlike a certain Turk). Atleti have a world class goalkeeper, superior fullbacks, definitely stronger midfield, and at a toss I'd take Costa and Griezmann over Sane and Firmino. The only issue Atleti have is that their stars on older, Gabi, Godin, Juanfran, Torres, and Luis are on the wrong side of 30. Atleti can slowly replace those players and they are now that they can sign players, they have a young CB/LB prospect in Lucas, a younger RB in Vraslijko, Costa and Vitolo reinvigorate their forward lines, and they'll probably bank in on Carrassco sooner rather than later. Sorry, but now that Coutinho is gone I definitely rate this projected line up over anything that Liverpool has. Atletico have a small squad because their players can play all over the pitch, Koke and Saul can play out wide, as can Griezmann, most of their CBs and double as a FB, Correa can fill all the forward positions, et al.

Griezmann - Costa

Vitolo - Koke - Saul - Correa

Luis - Godin - Savic - Juanfran

Oblak

To be quite honest the deal that will sting Atleti for years to come is brighter star of the Hernandez brothers; Theo. The LB has everything to prove and I guarantee you he will be an elite player for RM; or another team. While older, and beginning his career first; Lucas is quickly finding himself to be the Giuseppe instead of the Franco of the Hernandez brothers. In other words a superbly talented player is forgotten because their brother was in a league of his own.

• Administrator

don't listen to Brian. Allison is much better than Mignolet and Karius.

Would be an upgrade. I'd try and go for Samir Handanovic of Inter though. Better than all 3. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

don't listen to Brian. Allison is much better than Mignolet and Karius.

Would be an upgrade. I'd try and go for Samir Handanovic of Inter though. Better than all 3. 

Good for you, that's your opinion

Alisson is one of those keepers who you can just take a shot a goal and its in. Not a blooper keeper but still a clown as he saves nothing.

He was Brazil's only weak spot in the qualifiers (for me). When we faced them, I kept yelling at the screen to just shoot at goal as he was so insecure.

Agreed on Handanovic. He's actually a proper keeper.

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, Blue said:

Good for you, that's your opinion

Alisson is one of those keepers who you can just take a shot a goal and its in. Not a blooper keeper but still a clown as he saves nothing.

He was Brazil's only weak spot in the qualifiers (for me). When we faced them, I kept yelling at the screen to just shoot at goal as he was so insecure.

Agreed on Handanovic. He's actually a proper keeper.

doubt he'd be at a club like Roma in the top division of Italian football if this was the case.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

doubt he'd be at a club like Roma in the top division of Italian football if this was the case.

Is that your best argument? xD

I doubt Mignolet would be at a club like Liverpool if he was so shite. I doubt Bebe would have been at Manchester United if he was so shit. Etc, etc.

Your opinions are your own but most people here in South America don't rate him and its criminal Alisson is Brazil's starting keeper over Ederson.

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, Blue said:

Is that your best argument? xD

I doubt Mignolet would be at a club like Liverpool if he was so shite. I doubt Bebe would have been at Manchester United if he was so shit. Etc, etc.

Your opinions are your own but most people here in South America don't rate him and its criminal Alisson is Brazil's starting keeper over Ederson.

why do you always have to clarify this xD

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Marhez rumours picking back up. Some saying we’ve agreed a €55m fee but add-ons are a sticking point. Not confirmed by any of our reliables though. 

I’ve got to say I can see him in a Liverpool shirt and doing very well for you guys. It’s one of those feelings in the bones I’m having but it could be the cold snap we’re having in London these past few days. :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I’ve got to say I can see him in a Liverpool shirt and doing very well for you guys. It’s one of those feelings in the bones I’m having but it could be the cold snap we’re having in London these past few days. :ph34r:

My only worry about him is his work rate. In a Klopp side you have to work extremely hard, constantly pressing from the front. Now I’m not sure if that’s Marhez’s game, maybe the Leicester fans can confirm? 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

My only worry about him is his work rate. In a Klopp side you have to work extremely hard, constantly pressing from the front. Now I’m not sure if that’s Marhez’s game, maybe the Leicester fans can confirm? 

his defensive work is under-rated.

It's improved a hell of a lot since he first came here. Nowadays you'll see him tracking back and helping out the RB but you have to bear in mind you need to play to his strengths which is finding him space so that he can run at defenders and allowing him to cut inside to cross/shoot. The other option being he can take it further up and take players on towards the byline. 

He'll work hard but it's overshadowed by players in our side who work even harder (Vardy, Okazaki, Albrighton etc). The advantage in our squad is that Danny Simpson (before getting injured) is fairly defensive and also has a good engine on him so was always there to cover. Mahrez always has his moments of great attacking quality. That's a given. What's more noticeable in the last 2-3 seasons is the moments he has when he gets back to help Simpson/other RB to block a cross or double up on a man. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

his defensive work is under-rated.

It's improved a hell of a lot since he first came here. Nowadays you'll see him tracking back and helping out the RB but you have to bear in mind you need to play to his strengths which is finding him space so that he can run at defenders and allowing him to cut inside to cross/shoot. The other option being he can take it further up and take players on towards the byline. 

He'll work hard but it's overshadowed by players in our side who work even harder (Vardy, Okazaki, Albrighton etc). The advantage in our squad is that Danny Simpson (before getting injured) is fairly defensive and also has a good engine on him so was always there to cover. Mahrez always has his moments of great attacking quality. That's a given. What's more noticeable in the last 2-3 seasons is the moments he has when he gets back to help Simpson/other RB to block a cross or double up on a man. 

That’s fair enough, I mean, Coutinho wasn’t our hardest worker although his work rate improved under Klopp. I suppose you have to give players like them I certain amount of leniency in order to get the best out of them. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Mahrez is totally different to Coutinho isn't he? Mahrez would be competition for Mane-Salah?

I'd say so but they all have their high levels of creativity.

Mahrez is more of a winger. Coutinho I've always seen as a central attacking midfielder.

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'd say so but they all have their high levels of creativity.

Mahrez is more of a winger. Coutinho I've always seen as a central attacking midfielder.

I made a comment to this respect a few days back... For me Mahrez has the football and the talent in his locker to be a Coutinho type player.  The problem is workrate if you play in midfield but as you said further up, his workrate is improving.

17 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Mahrez is totally different to Coutinho isn't he? Mahrez would be competition for Mane-Salah?

Well Coutinho played the majority of his time here on the left side of the 3 forwards but more recently he was played behind the front 3. All were pretty interchangeable though and would pop up all over the place in a very fluent system. 

I’m not sure if Marhez has that versatility, the Leicester fans would know more than me? 

28 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Well Coutinho played the majority of his time here on the left side of the 3 forwards but more recently he was played behind the front 3. All were pretty interchangeable though and would pop up all over the place in a very fluent system. 

I’m not sure if Marhez has that versatility, the Leicester fans would know more than me? 

Let’s see what the Leicester fans say although I think at Leicester there’s always been a rigid system so as to compensate for the lack of talent.

Mahrez’ style of football is based on a high technical ability and he doesn’t possess the pace that you would want from a winger. But his football intelligence always takes him into positioning himself in the correct place to cause problems which is why I personally feel in a squad full of attacking options like Liverpool, the coach can give him a more creative role. 

28 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Let’s see what the Leicester fans say although I think at Leicester there’s always been a rigid system so as to compensate for the lack of talent.

Mahrez’ style of football is based on a high technical ability and he doesn’t possess the pace that you would want from a winger. But his football intelligence always takes him into positioning himself in the correct place to cause problems which is why I personally feel in a squad full of attacking options like Liverpool, the coach can give him a more creative role. 

Yeah, I’m sort of warming to the idea but there’s still no confirmation from any of our lot so it could all be nonsense, as in his agent leaking fake news to drum up interest etc. 

• The title was changed to Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived