talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018

football forum

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Rumours that Liverpool are signing Mahrez for £48mil. We really are the biggest soft touch going if we take that just after Van Dijk's gone for £75mil and Coutinho's gone for £145mil.

Was just about to post this after I saw it on Twitter, but I'm not sure on the source. Hope it's not true, to be honest. I don't think Mahrez is an improvement on Salah or Mane, and much like the Chamberlain deal, it seems like overkill in a position where we're strong instead of addressing our weaknesses.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, Burning Gold said:

Was just about to post this after I saw it on Twitter, but I'm not sure on the source. Hope it's not true, to be honest. I don't think Mahrez is an improvement on Salah or Mane, and much like the Chamberlain deal, it seems like overkill in a position where we're strong instead of addressing our weaknesses.

I think he's fantastic and have made that clear many a time but I see what you mean, he doesn't really play the same position as Coutinho, he's more in Salah's role.

I think Mahrez would be excellent in your side, he's got fantastic ability, as many goals and assists as Coutinho in the last couple of years but playing in on average a poorer, less attacking side. I said it earlier in the thread but I don't think people realise the luxury that players like Salah, Hazard etc... have got compared to Mahrez in that regard.

I still think you need to invest in the defence if anything although I appreciate Coutinho's a big void.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

It would be madness to sign Mahrez if he's not an improvement on Salah when Salah didn't even improve you.

• The title was changed to Transfer Rumours 2018
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I just can’t see this happening to be honest unless Klopp has plans to play Salah in a different position which would be insane considering his form. 

I get the impression Mahrez can play in various positions in an attacking role through midfield. Anyway... Whether it’s true or not, the price would be a good one for Leicester a City from my point of view considering how much time is remaining on Mahrez’ contract. When things like contract length are in question, the price can no longer be pumped up to the extremes we’ve been seeing recently. 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I get the impression Mahrez can play in various positions in an attacking role through midfield. Anyway... Whether it’s true or not, the price would be a good one for Leicester a City from my point of view considering how much time is remaining on Mahrez’ contract. When things like contract length are in question, the price can no longer be pumped up to the extremes we’ve been seeing recently. 

Taking transfer fees into account from our point of view, if this goes through, we’d have essentially got VVD, Kieta and Marhez for little over what we are getting for Coutinho. 

From that point of view we won’t have done too bad.  

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Taking transfer fees into account from our point of view, if this goes through, we’d have essentially got VVD, Kieta and Marhez for little over what we are getting for Coutinho. 

From that point of view we won’t have done too bad.  

That’s what I was trying to say in the Coutinho thread to you mate although in that post it was in reference to the Lemar interest you mentioned about £90m. In a case where you get three players and pay a bit more for the sale of one, providing they’re what you need and improves the squad, then it’s great. 

But you do seriously need something in midfield helping to cover holes that are left open to run at your defence. Your defence is many times made to look bad because of this and they get all the blame. The other obvious issue is getting a top quality keeper and those keepers exist!

57 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That’s what I was trying to say in the Coutinho thread to you mate although in that post it was in reference to the Lemar interest you mentioned about £90m. In a case where you get three players and pay a bit more for the sale of one, providing they’re what you need and improves the squad, then it’s great. 

But you do seriously need something in midfield helping to cover holes that are left open to run at your defence. Your defence is many times made to look bad because of this and they get all the blame. The other obvious issue is getting a top quality keeper and those keepers exist!

Kieta will hopefully improve our midfield. 

Anyway, Sky Sports are claiming we have no interest in Marhez, it’s Lemar who we’re after. They are saying it’s you lot who want Marhez. Again, our reported interest is possibly a tactic used often to drive up the price so that Arsenal either well over pay or don’t sign him at all. 

I’ll be very surprised if our interest is real although a few dodgy sites are claiming his medical is booked for tomorrow?!

*edit* Pearce and Joyce both confirmed we have absolutely no interest in Marhez. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Mahrez has got two and a half years left on his contract.

Sky reckon we want well over £50mil. Good on us if that's the real story. 

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

You’ll not be getting it off us. All our reliables have rubbished the rumours. 

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

You’ll not be getting it off us. All our reliables have rubbished the rumours. 

Suits me. No matter how much we get there's no way we'll upgrade on him.

• Subscriber
49 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It sounds like if anyone is going to go for him it’ll be Arsenal. 

Genuinely think he can do better. Arsenal I think are going to be 6th at best from now on. They won't win the Europa League either.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

I was under the impression he was into his final year... Must’ve been thinking about someone else in a list referring to this a few weeks back. Then yeah, definitely worth the £50 in today’s climate.

2 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

@Blue any good?

Probably our best U23 player. Huge potential.

Hes a natural CM and that's where he plays in the NT. That's his best role, he can also play CB and fairly well although more of his weaknesses have been exposed in that position.

Defensivelly he is excellent and he's no mug in the offensive department either.

Paper talk up here that Burnley and Palace are looking at Jozo Simunovic. 

Honestly don’t think he’s better than anything they’ve got already. The price mentioned is £8mil, which is pretty bargain-bucket considering Van Dijk was £12 mil 3 years ago. 

Southampton came in for VVD because he was clearly dominatin without breaking a sweat, Simunovic isn’t near that level.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Paper talk up here that Burnley and Palace are looking at Jozo Simunovic. 

Honestly don’t think he’s better than anything they’ve got already. The price mentioned is £8mil, which is pretty bargain-bucket considering Van Dijk was £12 mil 3 years ago. 

Southampton came in for VVD because he was clearly dominatin without breaking a sweat, Simunovic isn’t near that level.

no surprise Palace are as they've got 2 CBs injured. 

@The Palace Fan was Dann's injury against Man City serious? I know Sakho is out long-term (?) so maybe this Simunovic potential signing is to cover those 2.

40 minutes ago, Stan said:

no surprise Palace are as they've got 2 CBs injured. 

@The Palace Fan was Dann's injury against Man City serious? I know Sakho is out long-term (?) so maybe this Simunovic potential signing is to cover those 2.

Scott Dann will not play again until at least the start of next season. 

I would rather us prioritise a new striker and a goalkeeper. We have Sakho, Tomkins and Delaney as center backs and then Kelly, Riedewald and Fosu Mensah are versatile enough to play there too. It's not the most appealing list and o imagine we would look at another defender in the summer but it would keep us ticking over for the next six months.

After the success Joe Ledley had I'm surprised we haven't targeted more Celtic players to be honest. They have a ton of players that could contribute to our squad at reasonable prices.

14 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Scott Dann will not play again until at least the start of next season. 

I would rather us prioritise a new striker and a goalkeeper. We have Sakho, Tomkins and Delaney as center backs and then Kelly, Riedewald and Fosu Mensah are versatile enough to play there too. It's not the most appealing list and o imagine we would look at another defender in the summer but it would keep us ticking over for the next six months.

After the success Joe Ledley had I'm surprised we haven't targeted more Celtic players to be honest. They have a ton of players that could contribute to our squad at reasonable prices.

Fine we'll give you Rogic for £30 million.

We'll throw in Christian Gamboa for an extra £10 million. 

• Administrator

always like the look of Rogic. Seems to be abe to play through the middle of the pitch either defensively or when attacking. Would suit the Premier League too.

37 minutes ago, Stan said:

always like the look of Rogic. Seems to be abe to play through the middle of the pitch either defensively or when attacking. Would suit the Premier League too.

Honestly he's flattered by moments of genius. He's a big, athletic looking guy and looks great when he's carrying the ball, but he rarely seizes real control of a match or links things like you'd expect a creative midfielder to. And despite his size you don't see him battling about in midfield much. 

Armstrong and McGregor are more influential players and clearly ahead of Rogic. At 25 he's not going to improve much and is more of a luxury. 

If a decent offer came in for him I think a lot of people would be happy to accept it. 

I like how the media was pushing Mahrez to us so much that our club had to contact Leicester to say "that's not true."

Which either means we're tapping him the fuck up... or we have no interest in him.

I don't think he'd be a good replacement tbh.

• The title was changed to Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived