talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018

football forum

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I like how the media was pushing Mahrez to us so much that our club had to contact Leicester to say "that's not true."

Which either means we're tapping him the fuck up... or we have no interest in him.

I don't think he'd be a good replacement tbh.

yeah i think he'd be shit for you and he should stay with us. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Stan said:

yeah i think he'd be shit for you and he should stay with us. 

I don't think he'd be shit, I just think he's a bit different to Coutinho, even though they've both got that quality to produce a bit of magic to score lovely goals. I think we'd need to change the system around to get him working with our front 3 - I like our attacking system I'd want to keep it as close as possible.

Although I don't know if we can get a true like for like replacement.

34 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't think he'd be shit, I just think he's a bit different to Coutinho, even though they've both got that quality to produce a bit of magic to score lovely goals. I think we'd need to change the system around to get him working with our front 3 - I like our attacking system I'd want to keep it as close as possible.

Griezmann is the closest thing to Coutinho in my opinion. But he will definitely cost the €200m.

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Pretty much exactly how I feel about us losing Mahrez as well. I maintain Ben Arfa will be here this month on loan. It's been rumoured ever since Puel took over.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Griezmann is the closest thing to Coutinho in my opinion. But he will definitely cost the €200m.

I actually think Miralem Pjanic is stylistically extremely close. 

Not fast, but very comfortable in tight spaces, and has the passing and control to create from deep and advanced positions. 

Griezmann couldn't imo play in a midfield 3 so isn't really a true like for like replacement. 

6 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I actually think Miralem Pjanic is stylistically extremely close. 

Not fast, but very comfortable in tight spaces, and has the passing and control to create from deep and advanced positions. 

Griezmann couldn't imo play in a midfield 3 so isn't really a true like for like replacement. 

The midfield of three detail is true.  But Griezmann is a lot more diverse than people seem to think. He also helps out defensively.

39 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I mean we do have a brunch of fucking money, it's worth a shot.

Although idk how Griezmann would be a like for like replacement lol.

Well he plays as an interior left these days under Simeone which is the same position Coutinho has been playing and the reason Barça have signed him apart from the fact he can play in various other attacking positions.

Griezmann in my opinion would make your attack astronomical and possibly the best in the league.  He’s worth the money! Plus as I said before in another’s post, he helps out defensively which many attackers don’t do, he puts a shift in.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Well he plays as an interior left these days under Simeone which is the same position Coutinho has been playing and the reason Barça have signed him apart from the fact he can play in various other attacking positions.

Griezmann in my opinion would make your attack astronomical and possibly the best in the league.  He’s worth the money! Plus as I said before in another’s post, he helps out defensively which many attackers don’t do, he puts a shift in.

Mane, Firmino & Salah is already the best in the league :coffee:

18 hours ago, Dan said:

Mahrez has got two and a half years left on his contract.

Sky reckon we want well over £50mil. Good on us if that's the real story. 

De Bruyne only cost us 50 million right after being named the best player in Germany, the market has gone bonkers! 

3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

De Bruyne only cost us 50 million right after being named the best player in Germany, the market has gone bonkers! 

Yep the market has indeed gone bonkers...

The Neymar move has put a whole different perspective on those clubs that at the moment are permitted to use the money from tax payers in a different country. Until that’s sorted out, then this will continue mate.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yep the market has indeed gone bonkers...

The Neymar move has put a whole different perspective on those clubs that at the moment are permitted to use the money from tax payers in a different country. Until that’s sorted out, then this will continue mate.

Which one? The PSG transfer or the undisclosed God knows what Barca spent transfer?

18 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Which one? The PSG transfer or the undisclosed God knows what Barca spent transfer?

Well obviously the PSG transfer because whatever Barcelona spent on Neymar (as you well said... God only knows!) Barça’s money definitely came from the club’s resources which is why the reason that deal was taken to the courts was because a Barcelona fan took it within himself for them to clarify what had happened with the fans’ money and how much was spent.  FC Barcelona aren’t a PLC, they are owned by their fans and have to be transparent.  Hence Rosell being in prison.

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

De Bruyne isn't fit to tie Mahrez' laces

Just now, SirBalon said:

We better be careful... there could be a ref around who could missenterpret that. :ph34r:

Speaking of Suarez. My nickname for him is 'Ratto' (because he looks like a rat and bites people) and for a long time practising my Spanish I'd conflate 'Ratto' with the actual Spanish word for 'rat'.

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

Speaking of Suarez. My nickname for him is 'Ratto' (because he looks like a rat and bites people) and for a long time practising my Spanish I'd conflate 'Ratto' with the actual Spanish word for 'rat'.

Ratto doesn’t exist mate... In that case it would be with one ‘t’ i.e. “Rato” although in Spanish the correct term would be “Raton” but not apt in this case because a “Raton” is a mouse and not a Rat which is much larger and more dangerous where biting is in question.  Rat in Spanish is very similar and as in all cases or most, danger is usually assimilated with females which means that a rat (much larger and more dangerous) is called “Una Rata” in Spanish, “Rata”.xD

He does look like a rat to be honest, I’ve also always thought this. But because in truth he is such a nice guy and a very faithful guy to boot in person from everything I’ve heard and read, it would be nasty to go down that route.  Biting things can sometimes be a kind of OCD mate.  :ph34r:

• Subscriber
56 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Mahrez was named the best player in England two years ago. I don't buy that you can do that without being pretty special in some way.

The market is ridiculous now hence why I'd demand something silly. The risk we're playing however is that we've known for ages he's wanted out and if we keep turning down bids, regardless of the inflation in the market, he might be really pissed off with us.

I don't even hold it against him wanting to leave to be honest. He's good enough to play in the Champions League year in year out. We just can't offer that as it stands.

• The title was changed to Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived