talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018

football forum

Sergio Aguero has no plans to leave Manchester City this summer

Asked about this after scoring in City's 3-1 win over Watford on Tuesday, Aguero told reporters: "I have until 2020, I think.

"The truth is that I hope to see out my contract and I'll try to do my best from here until the end of the season, and after that we will see what happens with me."

Asked further if he wanted to stay, the 29-year-old said: "For me, yes. Obviously my plan is not to change clubs.

"The truth is I'm very happy here but, as always, as I said before, the club has the last word.

"They're the only ones who decide because obviously the club is the one who makes the decisions, they are the ones who say you have to go or have to stay, so I'll respect whatever they tell me."

Aguero also said "everything's fine" when asked about his relationship with Guardiola.

When asked about Aguero in December, Guardiola maintained his stance that the player would be allowed to stay as long as he wanted.

He said: "He is a legend. He will decide absolutely everything about his life and his future. I'm delighted to have him here."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/11193855/sergio-aguero-has-no-plans-to-leave-manchester-city-this-summer

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Sergio Aguero has no plans to leave Manchester City this summer

Asked about this after scoring in City's 3-1 win over Watford on Tuesday, Aguero told reporters: "I have until 2020, I think.

"The truth is that I hope to see out my contract and I'll try to do my best from here until the end of the season, and after that we will see what happens with me."

Asked further if he wanted to stay, the 29-year-old said: "For me, yes. Obviously my plan is not to change clubs.

"The truth is I'm very happy here but, as always, as I said before, the club has the last word.

"They're the only ones who decide because obviously the club is the one who makes the decisions, they are the ones who say you have to go or have to stay, so I'll respect whatever they tell me."

Aguero also said "everything's fine" when asked about his relationship with Guardiola.

When asked about Aguero in December, Guardiola maintained his stance that the player would be allowed to stay as long as he wanted.

He said: "He is a legend. He will decide absolutely everything about his life and his future. I'm delighted to have him here."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/11193855/sergio-aguero-has-no-plans-to-leave-manchester-city-this-summer

One thing is what Agüero wants, but I would be extremely surprised if in the summer transfer window City don't bring in a big name in that department... I doubt Guardiola will want to rely on Agüero alone anymore.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

One thing is what Agüero wants, but I would be extremely surprised if in the summer transfer window City don't bring in a big name in that department... I doubt Guardiola will want to rely on Agüero alone anymore.

Goals to minutes Aguero is still amongst the best in the business, even better than Kane's strike rate but i agree, we need a 3rd striker for cover

3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Goals to minutes Aguero is still amongst the best in the business, even better than Kane's strike rate but i agree, we need a 3rd striker for cover

Agüero isn't reliable mate... Forget all those stats and all that.  Knowing Guardiola and what he's like, he'll want the best he can get out there this summer and it will be someone that can play false 9 for sure.

Look at what happened to Eto'o who also had tremendous stats at Barça.

• Administrator

Aguero is very reliable in that side with the way Guardiola has Man City playing at the moment.

And what big name striker would want to come as just cover? If Jesus is out for 3 months, that's majority of the rest of the season including CL games. A striker would be needed but how much would Man City pay just for a back up? And who would come just as a backup?

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Agüero isn't reliable mate... Forget all those stats and all that.  Knowing Guardiola and what he's like, he'll want the best he can get out there this summer and it will be someone that can play false 9 for sure.

Look at what happened to Eto'o who also had tremendous stats at Barça.

How is he un reliable?? ..he's scored 17 goals with 4 assists this season off 23 games (1669 mins played)  a goal every 90 minutes with 80% pass success rate  ..how can you not argue with the numbers? the guy has better numbers than Kane

8 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

How is he un reliable?? ..he's scored 17 goals with 4 assists this season off 23 games (1669 mins played)  a goal every 90 minutes with 80% pass success rate  ..how can you not argue with the numbers? the guy has better numbers than Kane

Forget being made of glass, he's made of Crème fraîche... Apparently rival teams have been ordered by the FA not to even look at Agüero when he's on the pitch through fear of spontaneous self-destruction mate... The FA want the league's best assets playing every week.  ;)

He gets injured too much and listen to what he (Guardiola) said (ironically) in a post-match interview about Kompany when he accidentally pressed his own red button and fell to pieces on the pitch. Guardiola wants security in his best team and that's why I think City will be battling it out with whoever can be got to play in that semi-hole up front. 

Like I said... Samuel Eto'o had amazing numbers at Barça even in his tenure and he never wanted him like he never wanted Ibrahimović.  He doesn't care who you are, who you're perceived to be or who fans think you are.  He only cares that what he wants in terms of his belief on how to play the game is interpreted on the field of play.

20 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Hopefully it goes through this month. Even if Coutinho doesn't go, it'll give him time to adjust.

The two will be linked. We've just coughed up £75m for van Dijk; we won't be able to afford the ~£90m for Lemar without selling Coutinho. With that in mind, I'd rather we wait until the summer because Coutinho can play in the Champions League and Lemar can't.

• Subscriber
Just now, Cicero said:

Been confirmed we've contacted Bayern over Vidal. 

@Viva la FCB Any truth to the 33 million bid though? 

I have no idea how reliable this guy is but this is the quote below.

The Sport Bild insiders Falk, Honigstein and friends say the Goretzka deal is done and where even claiming so in the summer. Vidal is the natural one to make way imo, plus I believe his contract expires in 2019. I really dont see it happening durring the winter break though, this is much more likely summer deal to be worked out. 

6 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Honigstein and friends say the Goretzka deal is done

Bayern really do have a monopolising hold on the Bundesliga mate.  That's a tremendous signing and a massive upgrade on Vidal!  So many clubs were in for him with Real and Barça mad to get him to sign.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Bayern really do have a monopolising hold on the Bundesliga mate.  That's a tremendous signing and a massive upgrade on Vidal!  So many clubs were in for him with Real and Barça mad to get him to sign.

Seems to be the case these days. I completely agree, this isnt a luxury signing if it comes about and as for Vidal; hes on the wrongside of 30 with heavy miles on his body at this point. Sport Bild isnt exactly the most reliable so anything could happen but its just seemed like hes been Bayern bound the entire time. His agent did just deny anything has been decided a couple days ago for what thats worth.

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Not sure he’d be happy warming the bench whilst Vidal see’s out his last days? 

Which should push him to up his game. Not going to happen when his only competition is Drinkwater

Just now, Cicero said:

Which should push him to up his game. Not going to happen when his only competition is Drinkwater

True, although as I’ve just said in the other thread, Chelsea really should be looking at better players than Drinkwater, Barkley and a washed up Vidal.  No chance you are getting anywhere near City with signings like that mate. 

• The title was changed to Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived