The better place to talk football.

Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018

football forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

AS reporting Yannick Carrasco is our priority in January. 

Good for us. Makes you less likely to go for Mahrez, and I reckon you'd be probably the top side I expect to go in for him.

• Subscriber

Simpson could be out months rather than weeks apparently. I think that's eventually going to finish him off here. Andre Almeida's name keeps popping up in links with us, right back from Benfica.

• Subscriber

Ben Arfa rumour stepping up as well. I can see that and I hope it happens. Puel's about the only manager who has gotten anything out of him in recent years so it's a savvy signing if it happens. He's clearly got the talent.

6 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Is he quick?

Doubt anyone on here watches too much Turkish football - but Besiktas fans on reddit seem to be pretty upset that he's leaving. That's usually a good sign on the quality of the player you're getting unless there's been some kind of transfer saga that changes how fans view the players - that hasn't happened here.

7 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Is he quick?

I don’t watch much Turkish football to be honest apart from the Galatasaray v Fenerbache clashes. But I do have a number of Turkish friends and they’ve been raving about him for quite some time. 

Kicker & Bild both claiming that we’ve almost reached an agreement with Schalke to bring in Goretzka. Bookies odds have tumbled this morning too down to 2/1.

What a coup that would be on a free, especially given the interest also being shown by Barcelona, Bayern & United. 

• Administrator
17 hours ago, Dan said:

Simpson could be out months rather than weeks apparently. I think that's eventually going to finish him off here. Andre Almeida's name keeps popping up in links with us, right back from Benfica.

Have we been on Portuguese missions recently?! 

42 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Mourinho after Jorginho. Man Utd linked with the midfielder from Napoli

Now that's a signing that makes sense. Laughing at the amount of times Pogba comes deep to lead a transition. Totally not his game. Only a matter of time Mourinho ruins him like he ruined Mikel. 

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Stan said:

Have we been on Portuguese missions recently?! 

I reckon it's probably not a bad place to buy from generally although Slimani we were absolutely had on. That signing really does symbolise everything we've become off the pitch.

If we fuck this window up there is absolutely no way Rudkin can stay on. He should've been out the door a year ago for me. That's before the Silva fiasco.

What do you think of him @Machado? Seen people who've watched him say he's not that good going forward which surprises me as I think that's the main reason Puel would've been in for a right back, even more so now that Simpson is injured long-term. God knows why we never fixed this ages ago.

Pep has been given 200million to spend  .. for me we need 2 CB's as Kompany can not be relied on and a striker with Iheanacho not being replaced yet, that might be Sanchez if he isn't going to PSG now instead ..Pep is worried about upsetting the harmony of the team but a few injury's and we could be buggered so we need to buy these 3 players

5 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Pep has been given 200million to spend  .. for me we need 2 CB's as Kompany can not be relied on and a striker with Iheanacho not being replaced yet, that might be Sanchez if he isn't going to PSG now instead ..Pep is worried about upsetting the harmony of the team but a few injury's and we could be buggered so we need to buy these 3 players

I reckon you're getting Ryan Bertrand. Always looked wafer thin at left back with Mendy out all season. You've got by through using a midfielder and a right back there but I think Pep would want a natural left back in the mould of Bertrand who is good going forward as he is defending.

Saints are apparently heavily interested in Ryan Sessengnon from Fulham so can definitely see the Bertrand deal happening.

43 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I reckon you're getting Ryan Bertrand. Always looked wafer thin at left back with Mendy out all season. You've got by through using a midfielder and a right back there but I think Pep would want a natural left back in the mould of Bertrand who is good going forward as he is defending.

Saints are apparently heavily interested in Ryan Sessengnon from Fulham so can definitely see the Bertrand deal happening.

Could be Lucas, we almost bought him in the summer so the interest was/is there  ...would be harsh on Delph who has done an ok job but he is injury prone so makes sense with Mendy out most of the season 

Doubt Swansea will sell Mawson to them but I'm sure we will sell Shelvey for the right price. He was never a Rafa player, at the beginning of last season he didn't start, he came in because of injuries and took the piss out of Championship opponents so had to play. This season he has been in and out, sent off twice, but Rafa likes 2 holding mids and a number 10 and Shelvey is neither.

Now probably isn't the time to sell though.

8 hours ago, Dan said:

I reckon it's probably not a bad place to buy from generally although Slimani we were absolutely had on. That signing really does symbolise everything we've become off the pitch.

If we fuck this window up there is absolutely no way Rudkin can stay on. He should've been out the door a year ago for me. That's before the Silva fiasco.

What do you think of him @Machado? Seen people who've watched him say he's not that good going forward which surprises me as I think that's the main reason Puel would've been in for a right back, even more so now that Simpson is injured long-term. God knows why we never fixed this ages ago.

It's a weird rumour this one. Benfica fans have for long considered him to not be good enough to start for us and all of a sudden he's linked to a Premier League club. He's probably past his prime as well. Not an exciting signing for you guys imo but who knows, maybe he can do a job.

He's a good defender altough most often that not poor at set pieces. Smart with the ball to be fair, but not brilliant going forward as he lacks that extra pace and "arrogance" to his game.

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Most of our reliables are now reporting that Klopp is targeting Basel’s Manuel Akanji to partner VVD at the back. 

Not gonna even pretend to know anything about him? 

He's 22 and playing in a weak league, so if we are after him, I doubt it's with a view for him to immediately slot in as a regular. Wouldn't be surprised if we loan him back to Basel for the rest of the season and maybe even next year to get him playing as much as possible because his chances will be limited here initially.

2 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Doubt Swansea will sell Mawson to them but I'm sure we will sell Shelvey for the right price. He was never a Rafa player, at the beginning of last season he didn't start, he came in because of injuries and took the piss out of Championship opponents so had to play. This season he has been in and out, sent off twice, but Rafa likes 2 holding mids and a number 10 and Shelvey is neither.

Now probably isn't the time to sell though.

I think it was Rafa who originally signed him for us. He must've seen something deep down that never materialised, because as you say, he just isn't a Rafa player.

He strikes me as a perfect West Ham signing, though, because he looks a lot better than he actually is.

• The title was changed to Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived