talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018

football forum

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

True, although as I’ve just said in the other thread, Chelsea really should be looking at better players than Drinkwater, Barkley and a washed up Vidal.  No chance you are getting anywhere near City with signings like that mate. 

Sadly it  sounds as though Conte can only suggest the types of player he would like and someone else makes the decision on who we actually end up getting.. 

Ahead of Wednesday night's 2-2 draw with Arsenal, he made it clear his role at Chelsea was that of a 'coach', rather than a 'manager' — with a reduced influence in the transfer market. even after the departure of sporting director Michael Emenalo, continues to take a back seat on recruitment.

'I give my opinion to the club, I try to tell what are the roles we can improve — including on the numerical aspect because in some roles we don't have a couple of players or there is a young player that is not ready to play with the first team,' Conte said.

'If the club ask me some names I try to do this but then it's the club, it's the club that decides the name, the investment, which is the best player for the team.'

Asked about the prospect of requesting moves for Vidal and Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez, he added: 'You are flying very up… We must stay calm.

If someone else is deciding who we are going to be getting rather than bringing in the players Conte wants/needs then you can have some understanding of the frustration he must be feeling... Its like wanting the team to compete but on a lower budget than those above you which would be ok if you want to follow Arsenals model but not if your expectation is to win Silverware each season... 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Sadly it  sounds as though Conte can only suggest the types of player he would like and someone else makes the decision on who we actually end up getting.. 

Ahead of Wednesday night's 2-2 draw with Arsenal, he made it clear his role at Chelsea was that of a 'coach', rather than a 'manager' — with a reduced influence in the transfer market. even after the departure of sporting director Michael Emenalo, continues to take a back seat on recruitment.

'I give my opinion to the club, I try to tell what are the roles we can improve — including on the numerical aspect because in some roles we don't have a couple of players or there is a young player that is not ready to play with the first team,' Conte said.

'If the club ask me some names I try to do this but then it's the club, it's the club that decides the name, the investment, which is the best player for the team.'

Asked about the prospect of requesting moves for Vidal and Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez, he added: 'You are flying very up… We must stay calm.

If someone else is deciding who we are going to be getting rather than bringing in the players Conte wants/needs then you can have some understanding of the frustration he must be feeling... Its like wanting the team to compete but on a lower budget than those above you which would be ok if you want to follow Arsenals model but not if your expectation is to win Silverware each season... 

As I said, if Conte isn’t the one who picks the players to sign, then whoever keeps coming up with Barkley being the answer needs the bullet sharpish. 

Chelsea used to brilliant at identifying targets and nailing them. Lately though they are very hit and miss. Kante is the obvious latest hit but anyone with half a nugget knew he would be a great signing. 

Bakayoko, Vidal, Drinkwater, Barkley....

That really is terrible scouting for a club that has won what you lot have lately. City are only going to get further and further away...

We've been linked with Troy Deeney, a bloke who has given off all the signs that he has been wanting to join us for a couple of years.

I remember we were linked with him in the January the year we went down, we played Watford away in the FA Cup, at the end of the game he came over and applauded us xD don't make it obvious or out mate. Then this season he's been tweeting about his love for St. James' Park.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Drinkwater woukd be OK in our midfield next to Gueye and Nzonzi. Walsh will get it done. 

I think he'll be at Everton within a year. 

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

We've been linked with Troy Deeney, a bloke who has given off all the signs that he has been wanting to join us for a couple of years.

I remember we were linked with him in the January the year we went down, we played Watford away in the FA Cup, at the end of the game he came over and applauded us xD don't make it obvious or out mate. Then this season he's been tweeting about his love for St. James' Park.

This is only because we wouldn't stump the money up of course. He's given us some proper arsekissing in the media xD

Think that ship's sailed.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

This is only because we wouldn't stump the money up of course. He's given us some proper arsekissing in the media xD

Think that ship's sailed.

What an odd ball, he is desperate to leave, probably because his salary would treble

• Subscriber

Barkley can fuck off the little shithouse. Nah I won't join Chelsea I'll just stay at Everton and take my wages and medical care from them and fuck them over by leaving for even less in January.

Genuinely thought with the Koeman issue out of the way there might be a softening of the relationship but just pure shithousery from him.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

What an odd ball, he is desperate to leave, probably because his salary would treble

At a time I'd have taken Deeney. I think he'd have been a good fit. He's had a poor year this time out though and he's now 30 so I wouldn't bother. I'm surprised Watford would sell to you as I think they're nowhere near out of this.

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

At a time I'd have taken Deeney. I think he'd have been a good fit. He's had a poor year this time out though and he's now 30 so I wouldn't bother. I'm surprised Watford would sell to you as I think they're nowhere near out of this.

He still has 2 and a half years on his contract as well so what price would they accept now.

He'd be good for us in the Championship next year though xD

• Administrator

Translates as 'transfer pretty much agreed between Ajaccio and LCFC for striker Fousseyni Diabate'. 

Previous signings from France haven't been too shabby in Kante and Mahrez.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Some of ours now saying we’ve made contact with Leicester about Mahrez! 

Not to actually buy him though, more to drive the price up for those that do xD

Is there much point in that? I mean fair enough Coutinho's likely to be going but surely he's a bit too much like Salah in terms of position.

He's proven to me in the last few months that 2015/16 wasn't a fluke (not that I thought it was), just that he was held back by a frankly dire side. Play to his strengths a bit more and what do you know, 7 goals in 13 games under Puel and a few assists too.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Is there much point in that? I mean fair enough Coutinho's likely to be going but surely he's a bit too much like Salah in terms of position.

He's proven to me in the last few months that 2015/16 wasn't a fluke (not that I thought it was), just that he was held back by a frankly dire side. Play to his strengths a bit more and what do you know, 7 goals in 13 games under Puel and a few assists too.

It sounds like silly buggers. Like when we almost signed Lemar last summer but Arsenal came in with a stupid bid to scupper the deal or when we had VVD sewn up City and Chelsea got involved. 

Rumours are we are not interested in signing him at all, just a shithouse tactic, getting involved, to drive the price up for those that are actually interested. 

Football politics eh? 

Could be good for Leicester in the end financially though?

• Administrator
9 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

It sounds like silly buggers. Like when we almost signed Lemar last summer but Arsenal came in with a stupid bid to scupper the deal or when we had VVD sewn up City and Chelsea got involved. 

Rumours are we are not interested in signing him at all, just a shithouse tactic, getting involved, to drive the price up for those that are actually interested. 

Football politics eh? 

Could be good for Leicester in the end financially though?

not like we need the money though

There have been talks between Everton and Chelsea over the sale of midfielder Ross Barkley and the two clubs are close to reaching a deal – but that no fee has been agreed, according to Sky sources.

Some outlets are reporting that the player is undergoing a medical – we’re checking those stories out.

Remember, the England international nearly joined Chelsea last summer and hasn’t played for Everton this season due to a long-standing hamstring injury.

Source Sky Sports

Just now, SirBalon said:

£15m for an English player?  Where was he playing! In Non League football??? :ph34r:

Was a bit surprised by that... They probably thought he might do a runner again during the medical so got him at a bargain basement price.. If he sees it through this time and signs we owe them another 20M 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Was a bit surprised by that... They probably thought he might do a runner again during the medical so got him at a bargain basement price.. If he sees it through this time and signs we owe them another 20M 

Well it is either 15 mill or he leaves for free in the summer

Just now, True Blue said:

Well it is either 15 mill or he leaves for free in the summer

I know mate... Everton getting a meager return on their investment before getting bugger all for him in the summer... Also heard that we are looking to loan Andy Carroll... Nothing but the best for us it would seem.. 

42 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I know mate... Everton getting a meager return on their investment before getting bugger all for him in the summer... Also heard that we are looking to loan Andy Carroll... Nothing but the best for us it would seem.. 

Bloody hell, you’re gonna have a team of England rejects xD

• The title was changed to Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived